• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How long to cash check?

Crashnrondo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2003
Neenah, Wisconsin
My 1st can's paperwork was mailed on the 18th of December, Im just wondering how long it usually takes for the BATF to cash the check. I know the holidays will add some time to mine.
Thanks,
Ron

Re: How long to cash check?

In my experience, it has varied from a few days to a week or so. It may not show up in your bank statement as cashed, under the check number you wrote. It could show up as an electronic withdrawl of some sort. I can't remember the exact wording, but look for the $200 amount and NFA.

All of my suppressors were cashed between 2-5 days from arriving in Atlanta.
.30-- arrived 05/24, cashed 05/29
.45-- arrived 07/13, cashed 07/17
.22lr-- arrived 08/06, cashed 08/08
.223-- arrived 10/13, cashed 10/16

My sbr took 8 days for the check to clear.
arrived 10/22, cashed 10/30

It shows up on my bank statements as an electronic withdraw and is labeled "NFA"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crashnrondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 1st can's paperwork was mailed on the 18th of December, Im just wondering how long it usually takes for the BATF to cash the check. I know the holidays will add some time to mine.
Thanks,
Ron </div></div>

I'd say sometime this week it'll be cashed.

Going on my 4th can and is has always been less than a week. This one was sent end of November and has yet to be cashed.

Mine have always been cashed within 7 days of being mailed except for my last two. They took over a month, but the dealer mailed those in. The dealer swears he mailed them the day after I paid for the cans. I'm pretty sure he screwed me over, but I have no way to prove it. From now on I'll insist that I mail the forms myself.

Sent mine in on the day of the incident. Cashed on December 26th .

Sent mine 10/13 cashed 11/26.

I admit I got very nervous.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pedro23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent mine in on the day of the incident. Cashed on December 26th . </div></div>

Same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent mine 10/13 cashed 11/26.

I admit I got very nervous.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Not to worry, it all depends on the amount of transfers sent in. I have seen them take up to a month to cash the check.

RON - Glad to see you getting into the game.

I wouldn't sweat it, as you just got tied up in the Xmas shutdown as well. Hell, I don't even send in a personal check. If you don't see it clear in Jan, you can always call. But you have a LONG wait ahead...so don't get used to "watching" progress or you'll go mad.

sent mine (2 separate forms) the week of Thanksgiving and still have not been cashed yet.