• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How low can I go? (with rings)

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I am seriously thinking of getting a vortex 2x10, which would be running on a winchester m70. Currently the swfa low rings holding in my SS scope leave about 2 pennies of space between the scope and the barrel. The base is a weaver 0 MOA base.

However, dropping to a 32mm is going to have a lot more space and I am wondering if there are even lower rings that I could use to drop the vortex lower than the swfa rings.

Seekins usually makes the lowest rings, at least for a 34 mm tube, .92 compared to the 1 inch average height with other MF. The best way to findout, pick the company or companies that you have in mind (how much money do you want to spend) for the scope rings. Send them an e-mail with the specs of your scope and rifle. They will tell you what rings apply to your stick. Then just compare the heigth of the other MF's. Once you pick one ask Scott from Liberty Optics if he has the scope rings that you want, he will take care of you.

I hope this helps,