• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How much wire pulling jelly to load in a can?

I think 10ml is what is recommend. You can do a little more or less but I dont like it. Its too messy. Gets all over my red dot mounted on my slide. I prefer water. It doesnt last as long but if you shoot wet a lot youll see how dirty it gets real fast and probably prefer not to. Mine got so much crap built up after 100 rounds I would have to manually push my trigger forward to get it to reset.

I probably end up with a max of a tablespoon. I just squirt it in until it looks right. It DOES make a mess. Don't wear any white...

I presume we're talking pistol can here?

CHOOTER,

First off, it all depends on the can make and design.
But generally its mostly for pistol caliber cans (handguns and MG), rarely for rifle caliber cans (hydraulic lock = bad).
For a .22 best to use a lighter oil, sprayed in with a thin tip. .
And....as far as the gels go, be advised clear gels are ok, but there are plenty of them that are not and will load you can with crap that can get hard as a rock.
As an example a double wall design was never meant to run wet and pressures can build.
Then there are the high alcohol brands...read the label.

And then, its about 10cc as stated BUT its all about how you put it in.
From the rear with the majority load mid can, tapering off the closer to the blast chamber you go.
Use the right tool and it works, load from the muzzle and overload and its a mess.
Do not load the last, muzzle end, chambers for a whole host of reasons.
Ablative use was always meant to deliver three or four remarkably quiet shots...not as a long lasting afair.

Here is an old graphic and the "where and how".
I use lithium, properly loaded, there are few as long lasting.
Gets the "thud" than water and light gels cannot deliver.
Lithium will never harden, last the longest, protects the internal and still liquifiers with the heat allowing for forward purge in a well designed can.
A wet can by design allows for a much smaller package but will run loader when dry.
Good luck.

AWC-GREASE-DIRECTIONS_zps3b024623.jpg

mediugm_zps0b57cba1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures RollingThunder.

I like the part where they say their baffles are self purging and there is no need to clean them! Sooooo not the case. My NEXUS was terrible at purging and definitely needed a cleaning.

Don't really know how to respond to that one without starting a food fight.
I use this at around a full case.

IMG_0D021_zpsbccff2e7.jpg

have close to 4,600 rounds through. Seen them 2x more that are good to go. Folks love to piss on AWC as they never defend themselves. Most shops couldn't cut the bore cross jet on that baffle without blowing the armature. Few do the secondary holes, fewer still time the baffles for purge. Maybe its what your sending through the can and what you are running for an ablative or the gen you have. Without knowing the numbers through, etc. its all kinda sos.

Last edited: