• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How often do Forster Coax Presses come into stock?

Jayhawkhuntclub

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2019
Trying to decide if I should keep my new MEC Marksman (which arrived beat to hell and with horrible casting marks) or wait for a Forster. No hurries as I have the same RC that I've been loading on for the last 20 years.

Honestly my MEC was in great condition, so my guess you received someones return (I think they do that from what I can read here and there about people who do have issues with them). However, my runout is low, everything fits great, floating case holder works great with the Redding bushing dies. Its smooth as butter, and no cam over. I have zero complaints. I'd contact them to see if you can get a new frame, as its most likely you have one that has been in a few peoples hands. They seem extremely rare from what I can tell, so that lends me more to you receiving one that's been around, so to say. 99% of reviews that actually DO compare the Forster, seem to place the MEC at damn near the same thing but $100 cheaper.

I bought mine roughly six months ago from midway. I had looked at em one night and it said out of stock. Next day they were in stock so I purchased quick and within about three hours they were back out of stock. I would say either backprder one or get on the email list at which ever retailer you prefer and act damn fast when they come in stock.
I haven’t been around the MEC press but I can say that you will be happy with a Forster. Good luck in your treasure hunt.

Get it on Back order somewhere and just wait. That's the best way to get one. I'd say 2-3 month wait max, maybe even quicker. Forster is a small company and are dedicated to quality so they don't have a ton of capacity.

I was waiting for months on back order and kept my eye out on here and several other forums for a good used one. Just missed out on several but a few weeks ago I got one here on the hide early one morning that was posted late at night.

And now Frankfort has a similar unit. Only thing is it requires specialized lock rings instead of the Forster standard type.
Coax is number one in my book.
I like most of the features of the Frankfort Arsenal press. HOWEVER, I have read that it can't use the Forster Ultra Seating dies (they are too wide). Can anyone confirm/deny that?

Get it on Back order somewhere and just wait. That's the best way to get one. I'd say 2-3 month wait max, maybe even quicker. Forster is a small company and are dedicated to quality so they don't have a ton of capacity.
Took your advice and now have one backordered at Mid-South. I figure I'll have a couple months to change my mind (but don't expect to).

Took your advice and now have one backordered at Mid-South. I figure I'll have a couple months to change my mind (but don't expect to).

Same here. I guess i didn't realize they were so hard to come by. Went ahead and backordered even though i won't be ready to set up my reloading room for a few more months.

I bought my co-ax at a local shop off the shelf. They have the presses but none of the accessories. Don’t carry the dies either. Baffled me.

back when i was in the market I put myself on the emailing list and actually placed backorders with a handful of companies.

while i had one on order with optics planet, brownells got them in stock and i was notified via email i believe so i snatched one up then cancelled my OP order.

Hopefully that means a fresh batch is getting shipped out. I'm gonna check to see if they're in stock anywhere else.

Co-Ax is an awesome press! It holds value like no other imo, so if you ever let it go... not sure why anyone would, you can recoup most of it back!

They have them in stock at Brownells right now. Who knows how long that will last.

I got my Coax from MidwayUSA. I added myself to their waiting list late last year. I had it for Christmas! Once it becomes available you need to strike and strike fast. Thanks Santa!!

The Coax is smaller than what I expected it to be. For some strange reason I thought it would be bigger based on the pictures. Nevertheless, it is an awesome press right alongside my other awesome press, my Dillon!