• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How Pathetic is This?

Re: How Pathetic is This?

On the fallacy that one must be interrogated for doing the right thing, as if it is fashionable to forget what the right thing is, is not, and immutably subsists in being:

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
― G.K. Chesterton

On relativism and syncretic modes of thought being used to dissuade the youth in doing the right thing, as if it is not true, or wondering how they arrived at the conclusion, as if to insinuate an error in their choice:

"For whoever denies the existence of truth grants that truth does not exist: and, if truth does not exist, then the proposition "Truth does not exist" is true: and if there is anything true, there must be truth. ... "- St. Thomas Aquinas

On belittling not rendering proper honor bestowed on the emblem of a feminine entity, a nation, the flag; on questioning the burgeoning evidences of masculinity, and a nation's sons rising to her defense; accomplished through backwards logic, defense of reason without any, and of the most modernly sappy rhetoric I've read since I last read the local liberal rag:

"Poor human reason, when it trusts in itself, substitutes the strangest absurdities for the highest divine concepts."- St. John Chrysostom

"By education I mean that training in excellence from youth upward which makes a man passionately desire to be a perfect citizen, and teaches him to rule, and to obey, with justice. This is the only education which deserves the name"- Plato

"A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student"- Henry Youngman

---------

Good on ya Shay and Rory, et al.

Calling4life, is this character based on you?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiDBvTEpF9c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiDBvTEpF9c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Shay and Rory,
What you did is very respectful. Don't let anyone tell you different if you believe in your heart it is right. The commie douchebag with a dick in his ass seems to think that unless you have been there, experienced combat, and lost a brother in arms then you can't remove your cover because you don't know the real meaning behind it.... Bullshit! If you keep the attitude that you have now, you will do great things for your country! Good luck in recruit training, don't lose that motivation and always remember why you enlisted.

Redirt,
Great post. You are absolutely right!

Calling for life,
Pound sand

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But it's their choice regardless of what anyone thinks. </div></div>

Correct. You can:

A. Respect the flag
B. Disrespect the flag, display your ignorance of the flag or "not take sides."
C. Do what you are told by a puffed up administrator (were all principals bullied as children?) and follow blindly as good sheep do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some are secure enough in their beliefs that they don't need to put them on display for the public, nor do they find the need to be offended every chance they get.

In other words, I kind of got offended by the title and seeming all knowing attitude of the OP.</div></div>

Contradict yourself much?

We have the baby boomer generation, the me generation, the X generation and the offended generation.

Yeah, the same thing happened at my graduation (from university) a few weeks ago. It didn't bother me so much that the graduates didn't take their caps off (told not to); what did bother me was the COMPLETE lack of respect given to the colors by the civilians present. There were people all around me able to cover their heart with their right hands and to keep silent. However, most observed neither of these forms of etiquette. I almost kicked the asshole sitting in front of me in the back of his head for not taking his "gangsta" hat off, as well as bitch slapping several others for very disrespectful acts.

I know that I'm not the "moral police," however, this level of disrespect nearly makes my blood boil when I have to see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see why the moral fiber of our country, the way it used to be and the good ideas and principles it was built on has to change because of other people's beliefs being forced on us as Americans. Some say respect other people's beliefs and customs but why can't they do the same and leave ours alone. Stop changing the ideals that made our country what it is, or was. Why should we have to change so much and conform to what others want. You respect me and mine and I'll respect yours.

I like the old America. Stand up, take your hat off and look at the flag while thinking of all the generations that came before you that built this country. The soldiers that fought and those that died for what they thought was right, to save innocent people from evil or just doing what they were told to do to get the job done or at least try. I say thank a soldier when you see him, say yes ma'm and yes sir, respect your elders, open doors for ladies whether they like it or not.

Glad you guys took your hats off and I'm proud of you for doing it. I can't believe there were so few of you and it definitely saddens me to see that. I'm not that old, 33, but things have changed a lot since I was your age and I don't really like where things are headed. I don't think everyone has to follow what we did as old school Americans. I understand we have a lot of people who were not born here and people who do not have the same beliefs we do but I really can't believe how few respectful, classic American kids there seem to be these days.

This is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I don't think anyone should talk down on a young man who chose to do what he thought is right. I don't see 6 guys in that picture who acted like sheep and did something because someone forced it on them at all. I see six young men who respect their country and all it took to build it and who were willing to stand up for what they believe in regardless of what anyone else thought or told them. </div></div>

Well said Redirt, very well said. Thanks for contributing.

Again Shay and Rory congrats on graduating and good for you on removing cover.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
calling4life said:
No one has told me how to believe or behave, I take that upon myself to be a respectful member of today's youth.</div></div>

I see you have a bible qoute... Heres my question were you raised into it or were you given options an choose it.

And i leave this section of the forum only to return when new things are posted.</div></div>

Let us know how the pride parade went... actually, dont bother. No one cares.

I can't believe all the pussified responses to this thread. Being raised by a WWII vet, the flag was something you respected. Period. End of discussion.

I remember the first day of 6th grade. It was also our teacher's first day on the job - a freshly retired LTC just back from Vietnam. One of the kids in the class didn't stand for the national anthem/Pledge of Allegance. He got grabbed by the ear, thrown out the door, and told that no, he didn't have to respect our flag, but that his ass better be out in the hallway where the teacher didn't have to see it.

I saw the same guy remove an adult from a basketball game for the same offense.

In this day and age, the school system would probably end up getting sued. Back then, no one had the balls to tell a big, mean, combat vet that he had to be politically correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calling4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's this, a highschooler that thinks he has it all figured out... You don't say
whistle.gif

Some are secure enough in their beliefs that they don't need to put them on display for the public, nor do they find the need to be offended every chance they get.

If your beliefs would have you taking off a cap as a symbol of respect for your country, then so be it, but let it be because it is what you believe and not because it is what others would have you believe.

Blind obedience is willful ignorance at best</div></div>

WTF? </div></div>

haha yeah +1.

Calling for life I generally agree with what you're saying, but he took his own hat off....he didn't tell anyone else to take off their hat.....kind of like the asshat who told them all not to take their hats off! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, the same thing happened at my graduation (from university) a few weeks ago. It didn't bother me so much that the graduates didn't take their caps off (told not to); what did bother me was the COMPLETE lack of respect given to the colors by the civilians present. There were people all around me able to cover their heart with their right hands and to keep silent. However, most observed neither of these forms of etiquette. I almost kicked the asshole sitting in front of me in the back of his head for not taking his "gangsta" hat off, as well as bitch slapping several others for very disrespectful acts.

I know that I'm not the "moral police," however, this level of disrespect nearly makes my blood boil when I have to see it.</div></div>

when I got to supercross and ball games I almost have to close my eyes so I don't have to see all the asshats acting like shit. All you have to do is stand and close your mouth for about a minute......a cactus has better behavior than some of them!

C4L - the OP was saying 'how pathetic' to the order given to not remove head gear, he wasn't being critical of others who did as they were told (at least that's how I read it).

Now, if anyone wants to demand respect for the flag, observance of the memorial rituals and generally suggest others behave like an aware adult and not a brat here's how to do it....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mzTsCN7mNs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mzTsCN7mNs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

im proud of you shay and brother, we need our next generation to be more like you, maybe then we can overwelm fucking idiots like calling4life and his band of merry hipsters

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharfshutze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you assume the boy cant think for himself. Obviously he can and has inititiative and heart and loves this country which is pretty rare in this generation. And for the next year he needs to think less and do what the fuck hes told. And thats what Marines need, Strong men that fight and do what the fuck their told, not fuckers who run their fucking smart mouth. A fucking smart mouth aint gonna outsmart a bullet. </div></div>

AMEN

Cheers for sticking up for what you believe is right, regardless of the historical origin of the act you knew it to be respectful and acted on it.

I had a similar situation where i was told not to say "under God" in the pledge and this was years ago...
smirk.gif

And cheers to you Call4Life for being a downer, nothing like kicking some ones thread in the balls with some Doctor Phil, God Complex philosophy... You're right, there are a lot of like minded people here which is why we feel comfortable sharing our opinions with people like ourselves who understand what we mean and why it's important to us... if you aren't getting it, maybe you are the one that has something to learn...I don't take personal issues with people generally, but you're not the OP, if you don't like what's being said, than stop reading, didn't even have to go to college to learn that... it was in Bambie... not trying to be obtuse, just saying if you want people to think for themselves, quit telling them how to think
smirk.gif

You guys are late to the party, shay and I cleared this up the night of...

I was appreciative of the way he answered my pretty simple questions, and in the end, after clarification, let him know I agreed with what he was "appealing."

He was straight with me, but it was entertaining battling a bit with the rest of you, I like to see the passion in one's beliefs as much as the next guy, healthy debate is a great way to bring that out.

As an aside; feel free to write his principal, perhaps things will change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As an aside; feel free to write his principal, perhaps things will change.</div></div>

Doubtful. You guys tend to cling to your beliefs as strongly as we do ours.