• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How Rem Could Screw this Throat up this Badly?

Thats one method, another is roughing reamer. You can ream an entire chamber without predrilling, just have the correct cooling method and you are good to go. Juat a bit of extra work on the reamer.

However yes, 90+% of smiths pre-drill chambers.

@6.5SH @Byron - you guys had asked for better pics and I did post an additional set but the barrel was still dirty and the pics sucked.

I did clean the barrel well and took some more pics, but forgot about them and never posted them.

Just to follow up, here's some better pics. I very well may just have this thing rebarreled. Mostly, just wanted to respond to your request for some hopefully better pics.

1708478424424.jpeg

1708478445591.jpeg

@6.5SH @Byron - you guys had asked for better pics and I did post an additional set but the barrel was still dirty and the pics sucked.

I did clean the barrel well and took some more pics, but forgot about them and never posted them.

Just to follow up, here's some better pics. I very well may just have this thing rebarreled. Mostly, just wanted to respond to your request for some hopefully better pics.

View attachment 8354114

View attachment 8354115
Amazing that it shot as well as it did for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23