• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to disable a tank?

images (26).jpeg

That would stop a tank because everyone inside would be vomiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and Baron23
Vic Morrow stopped a German tank by sneaking a log between the trash support wheels.
(Anyone remember that episode of “Combat!”?)

I've seen that movie. Use enough fuse.
Take a big drag off a crack pipe! Blow the smoke down the barrel of tank. The crew will all get high, lay down their weapons and start dancing in the streets!

For you guys that actually*KNOW* about tank defense, is there reall anything that a small group or citizens can do to stop a tank? My guess is no.

For you guys that actually*KNOW* about tank defense, is there reall anything that a small group or citizens can do to stop a tank? My guess is no.
Trench and ANAL are legit answers. It’s not anyones fault if you don’t know what that is or the weak point of a tank. There’s just some things we can’t or shouldn’t talk about on a open channel or with absolute and unvetted strangers. Like how to make HME, which HMEs to use outside of this widely known one. Same goes with certain tactics, which is beside the point anyways, and even some current munitions that are still classified, all jokes aside. If you want to learn, then you should join the military and join a CAAT team.

You could be Thesis and we wouldn’t know.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure any of the audience who have time on the ground in an urban environment with armor can answer that. And probably not wise for any of us who do to talk about it.

I'm almost afraid to make a legitimate pondering...

I have about 2-1/2 miles of barb wire still waiting for use here at the ranch. Stretch a couple dozen strands back and forth on my side of a bridge (choke point) and you'll be able to shoot a few dismounts that are trying to take it down. Wouldn't shoot much though...main guns and coax are far superior to anything I have. At night you might get the first two vics to run through it...would be about a 2 hour mobility kill. We had some dudes catch up a bunch of concertina before...had to pull the shrouds off and drop the sprocket carrier to get all the wire out. Still took a torch.

I might be able to dig 1-2 tank ditches in 48 hours...but my farm equipment isn't as fast as construction equipment.

For the city? Molotov cocktails and stay after the troop carriers. The ones with open hatches should be targeted first. After that, logistics vehicles.

The best plan for this without anti-armor weapons would probably be to try to disable a vehicle for a while and pick off a dismounted crew member/infantry here and there. Purely harassment techniques, but they worked fairly well against us.

Coworkers and I were discussing this topic.

Scenario:
You have only what is commonly available at your farmstead...
Timothy Mcveigh took down a whole bulding with shit on a farm so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard especially considering the tank would be rolling thru the manufacture plant...........

one thing you can do is to stick a heft metal bar or big piece of wood in between the tanks rear drive sprocket and the track , that will stop one side of the tank at least

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Timothy Mcveigh took down a whole bulding with shit on a farm so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard especially considering the tank would be rolling thru the manufacture plant...........
I thought about what a 55gal drum of (fun target pebbles) would do if a tank ran directly over it when it went off…..I don’t know maybe 🤔

Dependapotumus or me just walk-in nekid . The nekid one would blind al who see also requiring years of therapy .

Don't try this at home ,IKEA stinger not the tool for the job.
274983132_5185742501456151_6831878457129689108_n.jpg

Armor without infantry is a sitting duck. I would never expect to have an actual armored colum roll into an urban area to engage the enemy without foot mobile support too.

The posts suggesting running up to a tank to try to disable it would require some heavy ROEs on not shooting civilians. In an all out war with weapons free, that action could be considered suicide.

Armor without infantry is a sitting duck. I would never expect to have an actual armored colum roll into an urban area to engage the enemy without foot mobile support too.

The posts suggesting running up to a tank to try to disable it would require some heavy ROEs on not shooting civilians. In an all out war with weapons free, that action could be considered suicide.
What we are seeing in Ukraine are mindboggling ROE on the side of the Russians. Putin probably taught folks will be cheering them on all the way to Kiev. Putin is out of his mind and grunts are paying the price.

I'm pretty sure the citizens of Kyiv still have it figured out from 8 years ago.

One only has to run counter clockwise circles around it. The gunner will chase you around trying to shoot you, unknowingly unscrewing the turret. Once it falls off its just a dover without a blade.
Unless of course itnis one of them tanks made below the equator then you got to run the other way. Left handed threads and all

48 hours is a good amount of time to come up with something creative. Help the tank loose a track and eventually the crew will come out. The crew can't shoot forward and backward at the same time...approach from the opposite direction of where the crew is shooting and help the tank develop engine problems.

Vic Morrow stopped a German tank by sneaking a log between the trash support wheels.
(Anyone remember that episode of “Combat!”?)
I saw that episode awhile back on youtube and was going to post it here.

That was a damn good show, btw.

Reactions: TXAZ
3 to 40 miles traffic jam:
Would it be a fair assumption that a 500 lb LGB on or next to each one of these would clear this traffic jam?
1645991420620.jpg

Photo: Satellite image ©2022 Maxar Technologies
i wonder what type if any air defense they have on that convoy

Reactions: TXAZ
Convince the tank commander that the bank in the town square has millions of dollars worth of gold, all he has to do is blast the front door open and he gets his cut of the gold.

Hahahaha.

If the tank crews fight from the tanks and cover each other, leverage their optics and IR, short of a javelin, there is zero you can do. Armor teams working together win and have won every single time.

If they have good infantry or sniper teams in bounding overwatch, it’s much worse.

If they have a battery of artillery and carefully sweep ahead you are going to hate life.

That being said, to answer the OP all I’d do is just wave and be friendly. One tank can wreck most infantry.

But the Russians have not practiced this stuff and their infantry is a mixed bag. And the Ukrainians have advanced atgms. Alone or even with some good shooters, it’s not going to work.

Now bridges have weight limits and tanks run out of gas. The crew do have to eat and crap.

A guerilla Army can do it this way. Kill the maintenance teams first. Completely destroy the log columns next. Then spike the remaining fuel with DEF. Leave it for them to wreck their engines. When the batteries die, the tank is now vulnerable to Molotovs and incindiary grenades.

Reactions: tomcatmv
Paint it purple and gold, put LSU football on it. Then paint a white line right in front, mark it 50 on both ends. The tank will never go past it. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
steal a loaded semi and trailer. buckle up smash foot pedal and hit that bitch at 80mph lol.

3 to 40 miles traffic jam:
I don't think I can get that many Canadian truck drivers to my house in 48 hours.

I can come up with about 15lbs of black powder. That's at least enough to scuff the paint. Damn it, I knew I should have bought one of those CMP 1911's!