• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How to fix stripped action screw reciver

ManoftheNortH

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2020
Hey guys I stripped one of the holes or maybe the action screw but I think the threads on the inside are bad is there anyway I can fix this or a gun smith can? Please give advice thanks!

Agree with NiteQuill. This should probably be in the gunsmith forum. Maybe one of the moderators will move it.
Lots of ways. Left hand drill bit might get it out. Otherwise a regular drill bit and easy out.
If you do not know of either of these it might be best to take to your gun smith.

It's an easy fix if the threads aren't too F'd up.

Here's my recommendation:

If you stripped out the threads on either the screw or your action, DO NOT do this repair yourself. It's beyond your skill set.

If an action screw doesn't thread in easily, don't be ham fisted and force it.

Take the rifle to someone competent, and if you didn't damage the action, it'll be fixed in 5 minutes.

Hey guys thanks for the info on everything and next time I will post to the right threads new to this whole forum thing thanks

it really depends on the metal that you are working with, how much material is around it and the location. post a pic of what you are working with.

Turns out the threads are fine I took it to my smith and he found that the stock was giving way and not being able to snug the action screw to the stock mods are being made as we speak