• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How to get through to Sharp Shooters Supply

Re: How to get through to Sharp Shooters Supply

still waiting for my saga to end, they only still owe a scope base, been a month since I got an apology and promise, sent email # 4 over 5 months, this time asked for a refund, BTW any complaint on the savage forum will be deleted, SSS has connections so everything looks peachy, they also have an F rating on better business bureau and have "failed to respond to complaints" big surprise

Like I mentioned in my earlier post I'd update my situation just as a sort of litmus test for SSS current lead times and customer service.

Yesterday I emailed Lisa to see what we going on with the SSS comp triggers. She emailed me back within the hour and tolm me that they were almost out the door.

I'll let everyone know when I get the trigger.

Thats what they told me the last time I ordered a trigger. 3 weeks later, "we just got the parts to make them", 2 weeks later "the parts are just getting blued". A never ending saga.

I know from my research that the phone there is always busy.

9 rd DBM ordered (paid for) over 4 months ago still not here, though its been shipped twice already. I think they taped it to the back of a homing pigeon that got shot down.

+1 for Kevin Rayhill, does a good job finishes when he says, reasonable prices and most of all a wealth of knowledge just call you will see.

Well guys, I just got home from work and in the mailbox was a package from SSS.

I'm sure that you were not sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for this post but I said that I would keep everyone informed as to the status of my order.

FYI, ordered the SSS comp trigger on 2/9/2011 and at the time I was told that the triggers were being heat treated and would take a few weeks. I also emailed Lisa last week and she responded that they would be out the door later in the week. Got my package today 3/9/2011.

Well shit. My wife just texted me saying I had a small package in the mail from "Sharpshooter Supply."

My wife bought me a Savage 9 round magazine in MAY 2010 for my birthday in July and was told 6 weeks ! ITS FU**ING APRIL 2011! I have been given the run around SO many times and my request for a refund was left unanswered. Hopefully this is my magazine and not someone else's parts. It's unfortunate as I am trying to sell the rifle now. Who knows, this could be a small package with a letter saying screw you, wait another year. I shall update.

I ordered some parts from them about a year ago, 2 weeks later no package. I called and when I got Lisa on the phone, she gave me a story about how they have new boxes with their company name on them and the packages must be getting stolen by the post office. She sent me the parts again (in an unmarked box) and I got them a couple of days later. Whatever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FYCN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well shit. My wife just texted me saying I had a small package in the mail from "Sharpshooter Supply."

My wife bought me a Savage 9 round magazine in MAY 2010 for my birthday in July and was told 6 weeks ! ITS FU**ING APRIL 2011! I have been given the run around SO many times and my request for a refund was left unanswered. Hopefully this is my magazine and not someone else's parts. It's unfortunate as I am trying to sell the rifle now. Who knows, this could be a small package with a letter saying screw you, wait another year. I shall update. </div></div>

It should be the mag she (Lisa so take it with a grain of salt) told me "they were shipping" 25 a day starting last friday. I have been fighting by email every day for a week now to cancel my order. It is principle along now for the treatment I recieved and the lies I was fed about the mags coming any day for months on end. Now I am getting a line about now since I ordered last year (Aug) she had to see if the accounting can refund the CC or she is going to send a money order. I was told they were shipping pretty much bi-weekly for the last 4 months. Enough is enough for me.

For sure. I would rather sell the damned magazine. Lord knows I would get my money back faster that way. I don't feel like waiting another year for a refund. I don't give a rats ass how good this mag is (could be a POS for all I know) I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I don't know how a company stays in business with BS like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FYCN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For sure. I would rather sell the damned magazine. Lord knows I would get my money back faster that way. I don't feel like waiting another year for a refund. I don't give a rats ass how good this mag is (could be a POS for all I know) I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I don't know how a company stays in business with BS like that. </div></div>

My thoughts to the letter!

Look at the ones deadeye is selling they are 10 rounders instead of 9. I have 2, they work great and are nicer than the ones from SSS. Also there is another guy building them out of G3 mags and they also work really well also. I will never buy from SSS again I ordered mags in oct and was repeatedly told by LISA that they would be shipping next week I finally requested a refund and had to threaten them to get it.

I am waiting to get one from Deadeye but he is making mods to his mags so I have to wait till the next round.

I had a horrible experience with them myself. Ordered a matched set of Farrel base/rings, and two weeks later, it hadn't arrived. I called to find out the girl thathandles paperwork was out of town. I called Farrell, and they hadn't received the order yet. They started making the parts for me, that should've been ordered via SSS. A week later Farrell calls to say they're done, but they still haven't heard from Sss. I spent three days getting in touch with sss. Told them my stuff was ready at Farrell, and all they had to do was call and have them "released" to me. A week later they haven't arrived, so I spend a couple more days getting in touch with sss. They don't remember me at all now... the only reason I went through sss was because it was cheaper than direct. A call to Farrell and they were on there way to me- farrell took it upon themselves to "handle" the situation with sss.

That was 2 years ago. Just today I called Farrell to order some 34mm rings and ended up chatting with Ken about sss. Turns out they've screwed him too and he wont supply them anymore, yetthey refuse to remove his name and product lineup from their website. Shysters...

Well 6 days to get through to SSS to try and get my refund and now another 4 days with no refund yet. Shady! Hours spent just to get my money back since they can't deliver a product as advertised.

i generally crawl through the skylight in the werehouse at night

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well 6 days to get through to SSS to try and get my refund and now another 4 days with no refund yet. Shady! </div></div>

Forever, they were the only game in town... that is no longer the case. Savage shooters now have some options!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juliomorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also there is another guy building them out of G3 mags and they also work really well also.</div></div>

That other guy would be me... Thanks for the kind words!! I do appreciate the good feedback!!

DK

The first time I called Lisa picked up right away, had a great conversation with her and order the ACME DBM kit with mag and a tactical bolt handle. She said it would take 4 business days for me to get it. Turned out to be 14 business days and they didn't send me the bolt handle, not a huge issue because I wasn't charged for it.

The next time I called to reorder the bolt handle I couldn't get a hold of them after 4 days of trying I ordered from Tacticalworks.com and had a bolt handle in 4 days. I think it's the same handle SSS sells. I'll order from Tacticalworks again in
the future. I have heard of people without issue with SSS and getting their items in a timely manner. I'll also stick with Northland Shooting Supply

watch those handles, some places are still selling the old style for the flat back savages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">watch those handles, some places are still selling the old style for the flat back savages. </div></div>

Thats what I need. I can't find one anywhere

Sorry for the late follow up. It turns out the mag doesn't appear to be a pos. Was it worth 85 bucks to me ? Yes. Was it worth 85 bucks and an 11 month wait ? FUCK NO.

DSC07361.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FYCN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for the late follow up. It turns out the mag doesn't appear to be a pos. Was it worth 85 bucks to me ? Yes. Was it worth 85 bucks and an 11 month wait ? FUCK NO.

DSC07361.jpg
</div></div>

good looking rifle, hope you decided to keep it after all. whats your barrel length??

I've mentioned this before on other threads about SSS and always feel the need to let others know what I experienced.

SSS is about an hour North of where I live and Fred & Lisa have always let me drop by the shop to have my work done. My last rifle had about a 6 month turn around time from when I requested the work to get done/approval to drop rifle off/notified it was done and ready to pick up.

Every time I go stop out there Lisa and Fred are kind enough to talk to me about my rifle and let me know what kind of a work load they have. Let me tell you they are busy busy busy. Both are very kind and Fred is quite humble.

I've always been happy with the quality and value that I get from SSS. I've never been disappointed with turn times or customer service, but then again I've seen how busy they are first hand. With all the complaining about SSS on this site, you'd wonder how they ever stay in business. From what I've seen they do their best and I can appreciate that.

dude i have been a fan. i always used to tell people about it. ive bought a few things and gotten them quickly and within the promised time. i got both SSS 9 round mags used. i have been on the list for 3 more since this month last year. i have send email after email and called and called. they did a great job on my T&T. they are good at what the do. lisa is really sweet and funny and always takes time to answer my questions. when i get thru. i wish i was there and id help them with calls or shop work, really. but after enough horrow stories i just cant send people there with out suggesting they do some research. i am glad to hear they are taking a break to catch up and regroup. its a shame to let talent be overshadowed by poor customer service.

I have heard that Fred still shoots matches and if you know him that way you get service, also from a local, some explanation of the office/finance end of the shop, the wife likes to gamble and spend a lot of time, $$$ in Vegas... explains a lot

the break with farrel explains why after threatening to contact ATF and state of OH lisa finally shipped a scope base, not the one I ordered and paid for but the cheapest POS they could find

some day they will screw/piss off the wrong person

I had some work done on a 116 and talked to Kim on the phone on the first try. She called when they shipped it back within two weeks. I guess by hearing everyone else I got very lucky!

Darkeagle Custom 10 rounds mags are top notch!!! I was on the waiting list while in development and I still got a mag within 2 weeks and was at 7+ months wait SSS with nothing but promises of "within the next 2 weeks". I can't comment on SSS works since I waited 7+ months and never got to see it but Darkeagle Custom fit and finish is great and the mag functions perfect so far.