• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to make a suppressed LMT MWS run?

BX1129

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2009
Lost in the Woods. MO
I have a LMT MWS 16 CL for a few years now and it's been absolutely reliable. About a year ago I got a YHM .308 suppressor QD for it and it would never function well after the first twenty rounds. I know that a suppressor in a DI gun is going to cause some reliability issues, but I never expected it to affect it that much. Is that normal fdor the LMT owners out there? Also, what are some of the things I can do to make it run better. Thanks

You know if you call Gene at LMT he will just tell you. Since they make FA and Suppressed versions for Mil use. He is the head of LMT's technology and product development.

I could never get my Lmt to run with my Thunderbeast suppressor on , I tried slash heavy buffers spring and buffer ,loaded low node ammo too. Nothing worked , I later found out I had way too many rounds thru my suppressor and carbon build up had reduced the internal volume,therefore creating way too much pressures in my Lmt. I had already sold it when I found this out.

You had that much carbon build up in a centerfire can? They generally stay relatively deposit free unless you're shooting some really nasty stuff or periodic rimfire use.

Call LMT up and see if they have any suggestions. They are very helpful and willing to work with their customers.

I use a AAC 762 SDN6. My MWS runs like a champ. I have used mil surplus and the best ammo you can buy. No stoppages or any other failures. Only thing I'm getting is the heavy buffer/spring combo. That's weird your MWS was not running properly. I have had mine for 2 years and never had any issues.

Thanks guys. I am going to call LMT and see what their fixes are. My suppressor is pretty much new, less than 500 rounds through it. So it probably wasn't "clog." Also, the issue is almost exclusively FTE and double feed.