• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to make your Magpul Bipod cant only - remove pan

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
Total credit to Hide member Lawless for this post made in 2019:

Loosen the knob all the way, the area under it is 2 pieces, you separate them and rotate the bottom part 180 around while leaving the upper part where it is.

-__

He is referring to the piece under the top/notched hole piece, rotate the circular piece it sits on (above the crossbar for the legs) and it locks out the pan function.

I bought a Magpul Bipod a while ago and didn't like it overall as it reminded me of an Atlas PSR that I replaced with the CAL. It went into a box of stuff that I've tried and just don't care for (aka need to sell).

I read the post Lawless made and dug it out to try it. It works! So I now have a Magpul Bipod that cants without panning.

Will toss it on and see how I like it compared to my current go-to Atlas CALs. Maybe shoot for groups at 100 to see if there is a notable difference in accuracy and try the Magpul in the field for fun.

Maybe I'm the only one that didn't know this/read the directions... but I figured I'd share as the bipod seems much more useful now.

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
I did the same. I found that I could never tighten the cant knob tight enough to prevent the rifle from canting if you set it down in a hurry, so I moved the Magpul to my hunting rifle and bought a cal Gen 2 for my target rifle.

I did the same. I found that I could never tighten the cant knob tight enough to prevent the rifle from canting if you set it down in a hurry, so I moved the Magpul to my hunting rifle and bought a cal Gen 2 for my target rifle.
How do you like the cal? I have a psr but want something with a wider stance to get more stable when prone

I'm not Bluedog, but I purchased the CAL owning a PSR at the time.

I immediately sold the PSR and got another CAL.

Worthwhile upgrade. Can't explain why, but it's immediate when you use it.

I'm not Bluedog, but I purchased the CAL owning a PSR at the time.

I immediately sold the PSR and got another CAL.

Worthwhile upgrade. Can't explain why, but it's immediate when you use it.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking or getting the 5 h because it has pan lol

So I've been running the Magpul with the panning disabled on a new rifle I've been testing.

What I've learned:

-it's better than it was when it did pan
-it's still really tall
-the feet are still slippery/slide
-it'd be better with a 45 degree leg option
-it'd be better with different foot options

Not a fan of the bipod overall, though better with the panning disabled. I'm not a fan of Harris, but I've come to realize I still like the Harris better than the Magpul.

Shooting for groups @100, I'm certain the bipod was not as stable as an Atlas CAL, which are my standard bipods.

You can fix the 45 degree thing relatively easily.
Still not a great bipod, but it definitely makes it more usable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_201750338~2.jpg
    IMG_20210101_201750338~2.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20210120_060314322.jpg
    IMG_20210120_060314322.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: Bluedog82
How do you like the cal? I have a psr but want something with a wider stance to get more stable when prone
Finally got around to using the Cal G2 at a match yesterday. I really liked it, very stable and the 45degree option was great. About the only criticism I have is that the rear locking lever can get caught up on a bag when shooting off of a barricade, but that’s probably just something I can train around.

O okay yeah I’m stuck between the cal gen 2 and the tbac bipod

So I've been running the Magpul with the panning disabled on a new rifle I've been testing.

What I've learned:

-it's better than it was when it did pan
-it's still really tall
-the feet are still slippery/slide
-it'd be better with a 45 degree leg option
-it'd be better with different foot options

Not a fan of the bipod overall, though better with the panning disabled. I'm not a fan of Harris, but I've come to realize I still like the Harris better than the Magpul.

Shooting for groups @100, I'm certain the bipod was not as stable as an Atlas CAL, which are my standard bipods.
The feet are Atlas pattern. Any Atlas compatible foot will work.

Reactions: pineoak
About the only criticism I have is that the rear locking lever can get caught up on a bag when shooting off of a barricade, but that’s probably just something I can train around.
Pull handle outward
Rotate out of way