• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How / Where do you buy ammo? (By Lot #)

swhiteh3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2013
North of Charlotte, NC
Hey guys. Like most of you, I've done lots of ammo testing. I hope to make it to the Lapua tunnel in Ohio one of these days, but it's not in the cards in the near future. I have two rifles I'm trying to get maximum precision from - a Volquartsen VG-1, and a Vudoo.

So my question is how to buy ammo. Like most of you, I've bought a few boxes at a time to test, and then when I find something the rifle likes, I've been unable to find more of the same lot #.

So specifically what I'm looking for is this: What vendors do you guys use, who are willing to sell a few boxes from a Lot #, and if they shoot well, are willing to sell you a much larger quantity after confirming it's the same Lot #? Obviously, this requires level of customer service that MidwayUSA will never provide. And of course, I know NO ONE can GUARANTEE that lot # will be in stock when you call back. But I'd like to find a vendor who can sell me test boxes of a Lot # they have a lot of, and then be willing to find that same lot # when I call back in a week.

Suggestions?

Reactions: LynC2
Cathy at Good Shooting Inc. for both Lapua and Eley. She's always been able to find the lots I requested. Be sure to let her know you are testing samples, so she'll give you lot numbers that have enough inventory so you can call back and order brick or case quantities.

They are the best on pricing and service, in my opinion.

GoodShooting typically good inventory, fair pricing, and efficient service.

Target Sports and Midway wouldn't sell by lot number last time I attempted.

Reactions: swhiteh3
When I used to shoot IR50/50, we would buy from Champion’s choice, and Ron Hoehn. Have not ordered from either for yrs