• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes How ya like my new scope level?

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
After making a bunch of scope levels the past few years, milled and printed, I wanted to up my game a bit. Anxious to hear your thoughts.

So here's what I've personally been after for a long time, and I'm really satisfied!

-A sensitive vial (if you have one of my current levels, this is just a tad larger, but MUCH more sensitive). It took a long time to find something that wasn't gigantic, but still very reactive. I don't like the designs that leave the vial mostly open to the environment, too easy to bust IMO.

-Easy install and setup. Hinges open, only one bolt to tighten. Will fit under almost all optics setups with no removal necessary. Open it up, tighten it down. Messing with two bolts sucks.

-Visible, but not hanging out there. I like the Kahles 624i quite a bit, and this is sized to be seen just over the focus knob. It of course is visible with any other optic that doesn't have such a unique focus adjustment.

-Easy to pick up. The pin that holds the vial in is a quick indicator to line things up with. Kinda like pistol sights...I guess?

vaWGrdp.jpg

CwxzKsh.jpg

aO5Bd7v.jpg

rTkHqmz.jpg

Looks like the perfect position while still staying pretty low profile. Was on your site and only see it in 34mm. Will you be offering in 30mm? I have an AMG I'd like to get one for.

How sensitive we talking? I could see my OCD going nuts if its too sensitive. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jrs9898
They will be anodized black. And they're sensitive, but less sensitive than say the huge Vortex vial. I think some of the levels that shake around with a two micron movement are needlessly distracting.

And yes, 30mm will be coming soon!

the pic looks like the pin is offset with the centering bars printed on the vial. just a bad pic?

which should I trust - the bars or pin?..

Very cool products - didn't know anyone made a picatinny rail mount level. Will be picking up a couple.

Thanks for posting your website. I wasn't familiar with it. I currently have a Spuhr mount but I find it easier looking above the scope then below it. I'll be buying a 30mm from you when they become available.

I will be ordering one. Very happy with my arc mag follower. You do quality work and amazing customer service. Buy with confidence people. Great company to deal with and quality products.

Although I should say we have a few thou built in for after they're anodized. It should be dead centered then.

If I could find them, I'm sure I could. Not sure the advantage of a ceramic bead though, but I'm sure it'll be much more expensive than these vials.

Reactions: kevinsachs
The pin is centered up with the vial...looks centered up to me in the pics as well?

ok yeah. I wasn't trying to be a jerk but in this pic, the pin is centered up with the vial, and with the bubble, but the bubble is right against the right vertical marker on the tube. or is it an optical delusion?..

I really like the way it hugs right up against the turret on the sight line, though

Got my shipping notification! Now I just need a couple 30mm levels!

Looks gkod. How soon will the 30mm be available?

Your new levels do look good. I hope the liquid medium is thinner than your old ones. Montana winters do tend to slow things down but patiently (?) waiting for the bubble to center up.............

These are much more sensitive. It was hard to find a vial in a size I liked (not huge) that was also sensitive. But...mission accomplished!

I can't figure out how to quote on here, but that pic was just the vial being tilted a hair. Hard to get it stay perfect while taking a pic haha.

NXYOTMo.jpg

Here's how they look all finished. 30mm model is maybe a month from getting milled. Would like to do a 36mm for the new Z-Comp scopes too.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Post here ASAP when the 30 is available to order/pre order. This low profile will be pretty sleek on an AMG.

hard to say based on just images.
send one my way for evaluation :)

After making a bunch of scope levels the past few years, milled and printed, I wanted to up my game a bit. Anxious to hear your thoughts.

So here's what I've personally been after for a long time, and I'm really satisfied!

-A sensitive vial (if you have one of my current levels, this is just a tad larger, but MUCH more sensitive). It took a long time to find something that wasn't gigantic, but still very reactive. I don't like the designs that leave the vial mostly open to the environment, too easy to bust IMO.

-Easy install and setup. Hinges open, only one bolt to tighten. Will fit under almost all optics setups with no removal necessary. Open it up, tighten it down. Messing with two bolts sucks.

Jeesh, fine. You got me. Ordered the 34. Do not like what I have now, never found what I would like, and your POV photos really helped. Stick those on the store, as they sold me on it!

FYI, your checkout process was suuuper sketchy (chrome mac). Gonna have to check my card when the bill comes. Had to enter, in two different ways, card number. Stripe integration can be weird, so I'd check.

Jeesh, fine. You got me. Ordered the 34. Do not like what I have now, never found what I would like, and your POV photos really helped. Stick those on the store, as they sold me on it!

FYI, your checkout process was suuuper sketchy (chrome mac). Gonna have to check my card when the bill comes. Had to enter, in two different ways, card number. Stripe integration can be weird, so I'd check.

Hmmm tell me more about the checkout being wonky. We've had some other folks report paypal issues. Godaddy really screwed things up a few weeks ago, and nothing has worked quite as good since.

Hmmm tell me more about the checkout being wonky. We've had some other folks report paypal issues. Godaddy really screwed things up a few weeks ago, and nothing has worked quite as good since.

I checked out with Chrome on Mac through Paypal. No issues.

Arrived this morning, added a tidge of blue loctite, dropped my shop level on the concrete three times trying to get the gun level, but finally successfully installed it just now. Gotta remove the other level and, you know, shoot it. Someday.

Install is just the easiest thing indeed. Dunno how he did it, but it grabs the scope tube snugly so you move it about to get it lined up, then tightening doesn't move it at all. The protected vial means it is hard to see from the top so is a bit of an exercise for your neck to get it level, but that's an install-only issue.

Would never have guessed forward of the turrets but for the photos posted up top to demo it. Man is that indeed perfect.

I am pretty complainy, often modify pretty much all the stuff I buy or machine my own thing, but all hail the design prowess of Tyler Kemp.

2018-04-19 19.51.28.jpg2018-04-19 19.51.39.jpg

Last edited:
You could probably do some redneck machining with sandpaper to make it fit a 35mm scope. I do have one unanodized prototype I will sell for that purpose. The number of 35mm scopes out there is so low I don't think it would ever be a financially viable option to make a batch unless a retailer wanted some.

Got my temporary polymer ones until you hurry the hell up and finish the 30mm :cool:

Also, you have the best business card I've ever seen.

I need to order a 30mm level. Any updates on when the new ones are ready to sell?

Great looking product!

Cool! I assume you’re the “k” in MK machining?
I’m pretty sure I’ve put one of your kids thru college, I have at least one of your products on every rifle I own. Very happy with all the metal stuff, and even the printed throw levers but I’m not real keen on the printed rail level, but hey it’s ok for the money. I don’t think your metal products can be beat at any price.

You could probably do some redneck machining with sandpaper to make it fit a 35mm scope. I do have one unanodized prototype I will sell for that purpose. The number of 35mm scopes out there is so low I don't think it would ever be a financially viable option to make a batch unless a retailer wanted some.

With the Mark 5 getting good reviews, it might be feasible soon.

If we got a group buy going I'd do some 35mm.

And yes, I'm the "K". My partner and the actual engineer has the last name Marshall. We started in engineering together as undergrads at the University of Missouri. I switched to business and we started MKM as a small side thing right at the end of school, and after a few years of continual refinement we are just starting to do this stuff full time.

We JUST stiffened up and revised the printed rail mount design, in fact all printed level designs. All have more sensitive vials and the rail mount has mitigated nearly all flex under torque.

Reactions: Chasing3
PS 30mm ULP levels should start in two weeks. Maybe less, we are making a real slick modular fixture for throw levers and levels, I plan to push hard with a bunch of throw lever models soon.

They are very nice, all chamfered edges, polished by hand etc.

Just placed a order for your 34mm scope level that's on backorder. Looks like business is good!