• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa .308 HB(target group pics posted)

lmc8541

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
East Texas
NIB Howa .308 20" heavy barreled action. B&C Medalist MkII stock with aluminum bedding block. OD green AlumaHyde II on the action, barrel and bolt handle. Burris XTR rings and bases. BEC 4-16 x 44 IR Mil-Dot scope for now. waiting on the wind here to die down so I can put some rounds down the tube. will be getting new glass soon.
100_2764.jpg

100_2765.jpg

Re: Howa .308 HB

nice nice...... let us know how it shoots. ive been looking at one comparing them to a rem 700 sps so i would be interested in knowing how accurate it is.

The Howa's are very accurate (~3/4 MOA). I've worked up may loads in my 270 Win, and taken it to 1K. It worked good out to 800, then opened up after that. I'd recommend the Howa's.

+1,000,000 on howas, loved my ones, took out my 223 HB last night and was headshooting foxes and hares at a gps measured 400 metres, supported on the wing mirror of my 4x4, hahahahaha

looks like im sold on a howa 1500 then
smile.gif

dont mean to jack this thread but is budsgunshop.com a good place to deal with?

this is the second Howa I've owned. first one was .223 HB shot sub-MOA consistently. it was pre-owned so no barrel break in. this one is getting my break in regimen. 5 shots, clean. 5 shots, clean. 10 shots, clean up to 100 rounds. so far i've put 40 thru it and it shows some promise. will throw a flyer on the 5th round, but the first 4 are easily .5 MOA. most people don't know but all the Weatherby Sub-MOA's are built by Howa and I think some of the TRR's are also. this one still needs a little trigger work and if I can't get it where I want it she will get a new one. oh, I really like the stock on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Ausmus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like im sold on a howa 1500 then
smile.gif

dont mean to jack this thread but is budsgunshop.com a good place to deal with? </div></div>

they seem a little high to me, but I do lot's of internet shopping for firearms.

GRAT LOOKING STICK;
i have a howa in 308 aswell, what was your best load, i have a hard time figuring the best load out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Ausmus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like im sold on a howa 1500 then
smile.gif

dont mean to jack this thread but is budsgunshop.com a good place to deal with? </div></div>

I've ordered a few guns from them and I haven't had any problems at all. I'm not sure that they always have the best prices but I dont think they are too bad overall on stuff.

JMC

yeah i have also had 2 howas, first was a skinny barrel stainless .223, was sub MOA for 3 shots then would heat up and throw the rest higher and righter, hehehehe

traded it up for a HB 223 a few months ago, and its had groups in the .25s with my current load for Vmax pills.

hella accurate rifle, i just want to find another load for varminting as the vmax is just blowing straight through em with no expansion or the explosive results i was told they were known for.....

again, keep us posted with how you go, and id suggest if you can find one, get one of the older stocked ones, with the polymer varmint stock, and right handed palm swell. i searched for mine because it is one of the best fitting and comfortable stocks i have used outside a wilddog and then a Mcmillan. i dont care for the hogue much, got one on my rem 700 sps tac...

good luck mate, jimi

Howa's are very nice actions. They are so well machined and so feature rich that I'm surprised they are not more popular. I love the M-4 style extractor that is standard on every bolt. I couldn't find a Heavy barrel howa locally so I ordered a Krieger barrel and had it put on.

reloading3-600x450.jpg

finally got the break-in done of 100 rounds. sat down worked up some loads and sent them down range. nothing special, 100 meters to start, but she shows promise.
100_2777.jpg

100_2776.jpg

I just had custom build on a Howa action and got a .29" group. I love them.

To the OP, did you apply the AH II paint by yourself? how did you go about doing it? I have read all the tutorials posted on this site, but would like to hear how you did it. Did you have to rough up the metal surfaces before painting?

I already have my Howa Heavy barreled action in 1-10 twist 24" 308. Just waiting for my SAC bolt knob conversion to come back. Am still trying to decide if I should go with the B&C medalist + CDI DBM and shoot it for now, or actually getting McRee to build me their stock inletted for Howa with built-in DBM...

Howas are nice.
laugh.gif

Howa's are fantastic.
I run the official " Howa Custom Shop Germany"

I carry out all the warranty repairs on all Howa's imported over here.
I'm glad I don't have to live from the proceeds of the warranty repairs, because we've not had an awfull lot to do to date !!

ecxellent rifles for the price.

SocCalPete. don't overlook our RCS II for the Howa.

rgds Pete