• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa bolt handle threads?

Bryan marks

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2018
So I have a Howa 1500. It came with a threaded bolt knob. It’s plastic so I want to replace it. Does anyone know what threads or what bolt knob will fit. Is it the same as Remington? Thanks.

Reactions: dagwood
A quick search pulled this thread up from a year ago. Your answer is several posts deep here:

A quick search pulled this thread up from a year ago. Your answer is several posts deep here:

Thank you. I guess I could of did that haha. Thanks again.

Most bolt handle threads are 5/16"-24. I can't speak specifically to a Howa though. If you can't figure it out, go to the hardware store and buy a 5/16"-24 nut and try it.

Reactions: Bryan marks
mine came with a threaded handle and steel bolt knob. The factory 1500 in the Bravo chassis

I bought a Howa 1500 in a KRG bravo chassis from Turners in California it came with a 26” heavy barrel cerakote FDE with a threaded bolt Handel for $1,100

Yeah, I just IM'd Legacy/Howa. They said only the 26" Bravos came with a threaded bolt handle and they're not making the 26" anymore. Bummer. Seemed like a very cool little feature.