• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa in Roedale RCS II

Pete Lincoln

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sneak Preview.

RCS II STOCK

PIC_0430-1.jpg

PIC_0425.jpg

sorry about the pic quality, better to follow.

what do you guys think?

Pete

Re: Howa in Roedale RCS II

Very nice! I especially like the finger grooves on the side panel in front of the magazine...

By the way, what does the side panel on the other side look like? I would assume since this is a right hand stock, that the other panel would have a slightly different cutout for the thumb and palm?

Folder stock incoming as well?
laugh.gif

the stock is completely ambidextrous.
both sides are a mirror immage.
exept that the cut out for the bolt handle block is made by an insert that is swapped in the tooling to enable the block to go on the left hand side in the case of rifles that are available left handed such as the Tikka T3, Remington 700, Barnard SM etc.
right hand oly for the Howa,. ( unless Howa -Legacy get around to a lefty one day)
Its nice to see a new creation comming together, looks cool with the RH50 bipod and Delta Suppressor fitted I think.
rgds Pete

cry.gif
ufffff
cry.gif
I want one for my tikka

Its Roedale RH50, I think...

Well, bout frigging time Pete...
wink.gif

Looks even better than I thought it would.. Congrats..

Might have to sell 1 or 2 things and our previous agreement might come true...
wink.gif

With or without mags!!!

BE-A-U-TI-Ful

I especially love that its *NOT* a thumbhole copy of the AICS.

I have bigger hands than a 12 year old Chinese girl, so the AICS grip doesn't fit well.

Anyway Pete, i got a few Questions:

~Price?
~Color options?
~Approx date of availability?
~Time from purchase to customer receiving it? (I mean real time, not 6-8 weeks = 6 months, magically)
~Are the mag's proprietary, or can AI mags fit?
~Whats the mounting system for bipod?

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #009900">That is a very nice rifle. How does it shoot?</span></span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">its got one of those alloy sleeved barrels from Lothar Walther on it, in .260rem, shoots from a bench sub 1/5 MOA at 100m with factory ammunition ( thats cheating a bit) Muntec, a German custom ammo company have set up to produce "factory" ammo for me, the 139gr scenars sat atop a max load in knecked up .243 RWS brass which is the standard load untill we get brass from Horneber with our own head stamp shoots excellently in this rifle. I haven't had chance to try her past 300m yet with any ammo, and not past 100m with the Muntec stuff. </span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Hand fit; we moved the pistol grip back slightly in comparison to the AICS grip. this gives better hand position.</span>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Price? </span> <span style="font-weight: bold">looking at 750€ in the EU, 630€ ($807 at todays rate) export. That may include a mag at some stage but we are going without at the moment, i'm hoping to be able to include one, but exact pricing depends on what the plastics guy can do for a final price, that will be decided in the next couple of weeks</span>
<span style="color: #CC0000">Color options?</span><span style="font-weight: bold"> black, green, sand, may add some blue, red etc for the target shooters, basicaly any RAL colour should be doable</span>
~<span style="color: #CC0000">Approx date of availabilit</span>y? <span style="font-weight: bold">A:S:A:p but i'm not exactly sure, I've been waiting on these side pannels for goddamn months, the tooling needs a couple of alterations, one to let air out just infront of the mag well, a couple of cosmetic changes ( which you can't see until you get the first sets of plastic) it depends on how hard i whip the plastics guy, but I want these on the market yesterday and ive 20 rifles sat waiting to go into these stocks. Once the plastic is perfected and the mixtures sorted we will start producing pannels.I expect that to happen within the next 4 weeks, Ive 25 remington, 25 tikka long on shelf, followed by 25 tikka short and 25 howa short about to be machined. (Ive some tikka and howa short on shelf that are pre ordered due out with AI pannels as soon as we get some more in, but its always hit and miss with the AI pannels bieng available, which is why the delivery time always seemed to get stretched on the RCS I.</span>
~<span style="color: #CC0000">Time from purchase to customer receiving it?</span> (I mean real time, not 6-8 weeks = 6 months, magically) <span style="font-weight: bold">like i said once the pannels are good to go, which should be within the next 4 weeks, we will ensure a constant production of the stocks, to cover all eventualities, like bulk orders from dealers, rifle production, etc we will probably vary the delivery times from on shelf ready for order to around 6 weeks, that should cope with all eventualities. as far as postal times once we've handed them over, well thats a question for DHL. again I think ( quote the plastics guy)"we are looking at around 4 weeks tooling adjustment and testing differerent plastic mixes and colours," this project is one of my top priorities, we've noted 6-8 weeks on the webshop as an estimation, that may shorten a little it may lengthen a little but i will keep everyone informed, i expect these things to go like hot cakes</span>.
<span style="color: #CC0000">Are the mag's proprietary, or can AI mags fit </span><span style="font-weight: bold">AI and Accurate Magazines fit, as will, i expect any other AICS type copy will fi</span>t

[/b<span style="color: #CC0000">]Whats the mounting system for bipod?</span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> its a spigot like the versapod, it slots into a hole at the front of the chassis and is locked inplace by a screw, bipod fits on the spigot that sticks out. Bipod is a RH50,

rgds Pete</span>

Hi Pete

It really looks good.
2 more questions. Is there going to be a folding version? Is there going to be a LA version?

Chili

Great.

I'd love to see a Avenger 2 .338LM with a RCS II in my collection.

Keep me/us updated.

Chili

Looking good and looking forward to a folder version becoming available for Remington 700 soon.

Cheers,

Awesome! Super stoked about this. Trying to decide whether I want to go with this of the original RCS for my Tikka...

Hi Pete!

What is the approx weight of this one compared to the Raptor stock?

Regards / Johan

Glad you guys like it,.
for RCS I you'll probably have to source your own side pannels,but we will see how talks develop.

Weight is under 2kg on the stock in the pic, whole rifle, less scope weighs less than 4kg.

standard weight will be around 2 - 2.1kg

raptor is a bit heavier at 3 - 3.5kg but we've some lightning to do.

Guys should I disapear from the screen for a few days, I'm in for a small operation tommorow and may be on my back for a few days, just so no ones moaning about not hearing from me ok,.

regards Pete

You better bring one this fall with a 260 barrel for the Howa SA ¡¡¡¡

Hey Pete, good luck with your operation!

Just a couple of questions if I may:

1. Is it possible to get just the internal aluminum skeleton of the RCS II without skin? If yes, what is your estimate pricing?

2. Would the skins of the AICS 1.5 fit the RCS II skeleton?

Thanks Pete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Guys should I disapear from the screen for a few days, I'm in for a small operation tommorow and may be on my back for a few days, just so no ones moaning about not hearing from me ok,.

regards Pete </div></div>

Pete, we don't need you. Get your lad back into the shop! His machining is top notch.
wink.gif

Seriously Pete, very best of luck with the op, Mate.

I'm just nursing my Wife back to health after major cancer surgery. Don't try to do too much after the op, she's tired just walking up the stairs! You need to take it easy, to ensure a full recovery.

ATB,

Neil

Hey Pete, couple of quick questions.

The RCS will work with Uncle Mike's standard QD Swivels correct? I don't really want a sling sitting around that I can't use ahaha.

anddd, have you fellas at roedale thought about using screws with a knurled knob to quickly remove the cheek piece because tikka felt it necessary to make the bolt 3km's long.

Also good luck with the op bud

trying to get a days work in before the man with the scalpel gets a hold of me.

Gyr, I was going to show you how to use your rifle properly, ha. ( spare spring on way, we got flights booked, cost 4x the price of flying from UK !)

SoCalPete. what you are describing is the RCS I basicaly and yes we have had those on sale for 2 1/2 years, and only just took the chassis as a stand alone item out of the webshop on sunday. I'm sure something could be arranged.

Tappa 91. chassis has mounting holes with thread to take studs, several types will fit, US size, EU size and the sling loops provided with the Tikka T3.
replacing cheek peice bolts is an easy one, and we will offer that as a simple option, ( in addition to several accessories) but its a simple thing to get around if you already have a stock. and I like the fact that cheek pieces block bolts, it prevents loss of the bolt in a field environment even if the bolt stop should inadvertently be pressed at the wrong moment. makes sence.

Neil. my best for your Wife, I hope sincerely that she makes a full and complete recovery.
Im not having anything major done, the chocolate starfish is in need of surgical attention which may make taking a dump and sitting very uncomfortable for a few days, the anathstetic will probably knock me back more than anything, it knocked me for 6 when I had my knee done, we will see, shouldn't be WIA for long.

Pete

"Chocolate starfish" LOL. I love seeing others use the same terminology as me. I think the medical community should adopt some of our slang.

Pete, does the Howa action require any modification when used with this stock's DBM, for correct mag feeding? I've heard that with systems like CDI, some changes need to be made for the mag to feed cartridges correctly.

Thanks!

I eagerly await the availability of this stock. The export price puts it more in line with the McRee I'm looking at so that is good news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

regards Pete </div></div>

The wife finally giving you the snip? She'll be using em as doorknockers..

JR

Hey Pete,

What cal are <span style="font-weight: bold">you</span> being re-chambered to? 338-378?
All the best for the opp.

Craig

lovely rifle! awaiting the telescopic version to be perfected so i can go ahead and make the purchase

well, back on me feet, even if a little wobbly and fuzzy headed, must be the pain killing drops they have me on. wont be machining for a couple of days and taking a dump makes me dizzy.

Craig,, It feels like its knecked up to .50 RSM ( Roedale Starfish Magnum) but we'll soon get it knecked back down eh. ha ha.

Glad you guys like the RCS II. we've had a ton of emails regarding the stock already.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the chocolate starfish is in need of surgical attention </div></div>

OMFG!

Dat is WAY mo infomashun than I needs on an interwebs forum....
grin.gif

Well, at least it explains why you haven't answered my PM.
wink.gif
Well, look at it this way... Now you and George Brett have something in common. How's it feel to be famous?

John

jrob300. i did reply, pc must have crashed, just replied again.

So I was wondering what colours of side pannels you guys think we should offer. ?

Black
Green
Sand

what else.

and what kind of accessories do you want available for the stock ?

rgds Pete

I think a angled slide plate thats attachable to the foregrip would be great.

I personally dislike shooting off bipods, and i prefer ruck sacks. A slide plate that allows me to adjust rifle height with a simple move forward/backward is preferable to me. It wont stop me from buying your stock, but its just something i'll be hankering for in the future.

The only thing i really ask, is that the seams on the panels lock up cleanly.

I notice the AI AE/AW series panels have a pronounced seam. Sometimes its flush, other times its got a gap or a ridge. To me, plastic not mating completely screams bad quality. If McDonalds toys can have a seam that lines up perfectly, then damnit, a $3000 rifle can fucking have it too.

I guess all I ask, as the consumer, is:
Please, please, please, do not cut any corners in production of this chassis. I'm more than willing to pay the difference if you can assure us that this will be a perfect product.

Re: Howa in Roedale RCS II New pics added

uhhhhhh - got to have one....I am just waiting to see the pictures of the sand and green color. I am unable to decide wich color is the best looking.

How much can the cheek piece go up from the stock?

..that the sand is gonna look great ¡

Not gonna lie, the more I look at the pictures, the more excited i get about this chassis

Yakko. the RCS chassis does away with the original Tikka ( rather soft low grade alloy) lug. The action mates to the chassis directly.
adding an aditional recoil lug would just add another part to the equasion and isn't required.
The AICS doesn't have a steel block behind the remington recoil lug, the AI actions don't have a steel block behind the lug on the action which slots into the stock.
No need for it IMHO. providing you tighten the action screws to the required torque that action isn't going anywhere.
regards Pete

As far as different colours , maybe a brown option , but What would be really cool would be a molded in camo design .

Something simple , maybe 2 or 3 colours , in large slash's ( ie some thats mot a real small pattern , as they tend not to break up the outline , as well and also donot look as good ).

Later Chris

Chris. ive got the molded in cammo sorted in the buttpads.
Ive been thinking about this my self in the side pannels, i will be talking to my plastics guy about it, but as i understood it from conversations we already had large blotches a bit like the GAP cam would be possible by adding a couple of nozzles and a feed in different colours.

black, green and a sandy colour will be standard colours,
ive requests for red and blue too.
we will do what ever is possible

Rgds Pete

I think using multi nozzles will lead to havoc.... a mess in colour, flow lines, loss in strength and bent buckled parts.
One could mould onto a colour or cammo film. Won't be as durable in the long run though. Go to the plastic show (K) in Duesseldorf, you'll pick up some nice ideas.
edi

Hi Pete.
How long will it be before a RCS II folding stock for TIKKA T3 Super Vamrnit 30.06 in color "Desert Sand" will be available?

Up-date on availability of the RCS II stock.,

unfortunately we have hit a bit of a snag with the plastic side pannels in that i don't like bieng messed about and leid to by companies who are supplying us. I've suffered from this in the past and will not tollerate it one bit.
Hence ive kicked the plastics company who where manufacturing our RCS II side pannels in to touch. Problems with reliability of service and bieng bullshitted at the start are not problems that are going to get better as time goes on, so ive learned to pull the plug early on such matters, and I absolutely must insist on top quality, reliable delivery and a sence of importance.

For this reason we have upped the delivery time on the stocks on all future orders for the time bieng.
As far as current orders are concerned. Some have been delivered out already, other guys are still waiting.

I should recieve delivery dates of side pannels from the new plastics company very soon.We have ordered 1000 sets for the 1st batch. This is a very high priority and is bieng given utmost attention by both Roedale and the company doing the injection molding, I was assured of that once again this morning in my visit to the company.

Anyone who has an order in at the minute and doesn't want to wait can contact us for a refund.
Anyone who has an order in now, and is happy to wait will recieve a free set of spare side pannels in a colour of thier choice ( from what we have available, green-black-sand) as a thanks for thier patience

As soon as i have a delivery date for the batch, i will give an update here and Geoff is contacting customers with outstanding orders. We are talking a matter of weeks and not light years ok, so it would be nice if you guys bear with us on this, it will result in better quality and availability in the long run.
So delivery will be asap but the products need to be right on, and the company providing needs to be working 100% for us, and not treating us as a poor cousin to the automobile industry.

Once the plastics are delivered, we will have stocks on shelf as fast as we can assemble them. Obviously dealing with the pre-orders in a 1st come 1st served basis.
We should also have the folders ready to go around the time that the plasic is ready.

Thanks for your understanding.

Pete Lincoln