• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Howa in Roedale RCS II

Re: Howa in Roedale RCS II New pics added

Sorry to keep some of you guys waiting on this. I hate it when folk let me down.
But its better that the quality and future availability is assured from the word go than going half hearted at it.
The company we've now chosen make a lot of well known products and quite a lot of plastic parts for the emergency services and coast guard, so I am sure they will be on the ball.

You guys will love these stocks and they will be worth a wait.,

regards Pete

holding my breath.
laugh.gif

Do you have any pictures on the RCS II folder?

/ Johan

(mailed you yesterday)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flims</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any updates on the telescopic version pete besides the plastics issue? </div></div>

thats the raptor chassis not the RCSII.
they will be ready to go in about 6-8 weeks, machining starts next week.

We are however using the RCSII folder rear end as a rear end ( one of) for the Raptor stock,so that version is affected by the plastic issue, but the telescopic and the one that takes AR rear ends is a separate matter.

Pete

Repeating: Pictures on the folding RCS II ???

/ Johan

(Pete: you have a mail from me ([email protected]))

Hi Johan, workshop pc is down, virus problem, ate the pc from inside, hence off line on that email addy.
pics of folder will appear as soon as I have some.but you can use your imagination i guess.
rgds Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We should also have the folders ready to go around the time that the plasic is ready.
Pete Lincoln </div></div>

On your Webshop you say IWA 2011 for the folders???

/ Johan

(tried to PM you instead but it was not possible...)

Man, that looks awesome, definitely gonna consider one of these on my next build.

Hi Pete. Have you fixed the workshop PC yet? I did send you a mail today.

/ Johan

Pete, for remington MLR .338 LM, is this stock aviable??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates on this? </div></div>

I got an email back from Pete on the 16th November regarding an update. As of the 16th he was hoping to have the side panels in 8 weeks time. I have one on order too.

It is going to ba a looooong wait to see a RCS 2 stock. It has now been 5 months since he launched the RCS stock on www.Roedale.de and it still says 4-5 month in delivery time on the website. I wonder what is going on........

And I still don't know how it can be economical. The die casting mold must be around 50,000 EUR (cheaper if you go to East Euope or Asia) + the manufacturing costs of the stocks.

How many of these stocks can you sell to make profit? How big is this market really?

Anyone happen to have an RCS 1.0, for a howa 1500 SA, AND happen to be in the US? Willing to pay original cost for used.

In january this jear I saw the one and only used RCS I (Tikka T3) stock at E-gun (e-bay for guns in Germany) since I am looking for this stocks. And I am looking at them since they are offered. It seems nobody else is willing to sell.

It was sold for 600 €uros, FYI

<span style="font-style: italic">And I still don't know how it can be economical. The die casting mold must be around 50,000 EUR (cheaper if you go to East Euope or Asia) + the manufacturing costs of the stocks.

How many of these stocks can you sell to make profit? How big is this market really?</span>

actualy 40,000€ you miss the point, by providing my own stocks for the rifle building I avoid the need to buy in and chase after suppliers, this has proven in the past to be a very time intensive and thus expensive runaround.
Selling the stocks as add on accessories helps get back some of the investment, sure a 40grand investment in tooling is a bunch of money but its better than not bieng able to deliver rifles because the stock manufacturer hasn't supplied, or can't supply due to export restrictions. Plus the tooling is good for several years production.

We got set back a bit last year with all my personal stuff, but also actualy a bigger problem was finding the right company to manufacture the side pannels, we got let down a few times in this area and it has proven difficult (its not easy as a small company, even in Germany, to find machining - manufacturing companies who deliver what they promise) we've taken a back seat so far to a big Mercedes order, a big Lambourgini order, an order for the coast guard. we've had one company manage to completely ruin a set of injection molding tooling by letting the apprentice do some machining on it which he managed to screw up, (luckily this was before delivery of the tooling, so it cost us nothing but time and a lot of running around and back to square one) plus a couple of injection molding companies where simply not interested in numbers of side pannels under 20000 units but they led us up the garden path a couple of months before making that fact known. .
We've now had some pannels produced that where however not up to quality standards, they where usable, and I am using a set on my prototype AvengerII sniper rifle that we showed at the IWA and the IPOMEX. ( I also used it to win a competition the other week) but they aren't pretty enough for retail.
Everyone who has handled the rifle so far has agreed that the ergonomics are better than the thumbhole pannels on the earlier stocks.

We have now found the right company to manufacture the plastic,at the right price, in the right quantity and the right quality and luckily they are no more than a 50minute drive away. We are finalising the required models this / next week and then we will be on with production.

Ive not gone ahead and machined chassis until knowing a definate delivery date for the side pannels.
Ive got about 1 dozen Howa, 2 Tikka and 25 Remington chassis on shelf, all are spoken for in rifle builds. We've a good number of pre-orders through the webshop, mostly for Tikka, as agreed on pre orders, these stocks will come with a spare set of side pannels in a colour of your choice.

The RCS 1's on the market tend not to get sold on as the guys who have them like them and keep them.
Once we have production running as it should (which should be now very soon) be we intend to have these stocks available (also as folders)at a short delivery time. Its been a project thats taken far longer than any one of us expected to get of the ground, 99% due to the injection molding plastics people.
But we are on with the job, and it will happen soon.
regards Pete

So if i was to order one for an howa 1500 how long would it take to get to the U.S.? If you could get back with me that would be great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PabloCG65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please consider before you will place an order...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2381192&page=2

Regards
Pawel
</div></div>

Pawel this appears to me to be a direct attempt by you to do me and my business harm, just as your comments perviously where. Please cease from such behavior otherwise I will take legal action against you.

hewlett260

the RCS II project has been delayed for some time now, frustrating the hell out of me.The reason being the manufacture of the plastic side pannels.
The tooling costs 40,000 € and its not an investment to be made lightly, its also a fairly drawn out process and not a conract that one can hand out to several companies and see who comes up with the best product.

The delay started when the company who i entrusted with the manufacture of the sidepannels firstly screwed up the molding tooling by allowing a junior trainee to perform work on the tooling.( as i found out after the fact) He ran the CNC milling machine into the tooling destroying a lot of expensive equipment and all i got out of that tooling was a couple of sets of pannels from test manufacture.
They then set about the tool manufacturing process once again.
Again things didnt go smoothly, they got the tooling almost finished, when it came to machining the pins that create the screw possitions in the plastic into the mold form, mistakes where made and they where wrongly possitioned, this meant delays in machining excentric pins to compensate.
After many delays, excuses and dilly dallying, and a fair amount of bullshit, and with some very, lets say heated exchanges,particularly that each time i payed a visit to the company the boss smelled of alchohol ( which probably explanes why his best staff left to seek alternative employment ) i pulled the plug on the company.
We should have been at court with them this week, but the court date has been delayed as the persons in question are away on vacation, new court date is set for October.

I then approached another company who do a lot of plastics manufacture for the Military-LE-Coastguard equipment manufacturers. Unfortunately my desired contract was too small for them to be interested.

I then approached another, then another then another plastics manufacturer, all turned down the opertunity doe to " Ethical" reasons, meaning they didnt want anything to do with the manufacture of anything to do with firearms. ( we get that a lot here, ive experienced the same with coating companies, banks and suppliers, just this week we had a refusal on ethical grounds from a company who we hoped would manufacture magazines for our chassis systems)

Anyway, after a long and frustrating search we finaly found a company who could do the job for us. but then we needed to wait for a gap in massive orders from the auto industry, as the company make many parts for mercedes and lamborgini and obviously the multi million euro contracts come before us.
However despite the setbacks we are now finaly on with the process and i was at the company last week to check on progress. We expect from what we have been told to expect plastic in mid September, I however expect this maybe too optimistic and reserve the right to be pescimistic on the delivery date, with a bit of luck, end september, beginning of october,
As soon as we have plastic on shelf we will be assembling stocks and getting all the pre orders out the door first. From mid October onwards we aim to have very short delivery times on these stocks.

I'd like to take the oppertunity to thanking the guys and gals who have pre ordered stocks, showing trust, encouragement and sponsorship along the way.
The RCS II chassis system is a very ergnomic stock, it handles well, sits well and ive won a couple of competitions using the one on my avenger II .308. as a stock for a rifle that is employed from a variety of shooting possitions i find it hard to beat.
Anouncments and updates will me made on our website-shop as soon as we have plastic.
rgds Pete

Pete
Thanks for getting back with me on that. Really I am in no hurry to get one, but I decided about a year ago that it was the route I wanted to go for my short action Howa. I am going to be "away" for a while but if you could just keep me updated on the progress. Also let me know when would be a good time to place an order and we can work out all the little details later on. Just to give you an idea, just looking for fixed SA Howa green. I look forward to hearing from you. Also there might be a period of time when I am unable to contact via phone/internet, looking like seven to eight months starting this fall. Dont worry though I will get with you when ever I get to that point. Take care.

I ordered a RCS II for a T3 Tactical 308 Win Tikks not folding in May 2011 still do not have a precise date of delivery.

Latest email reminder was sent on 22/12/2011 but no answers come.

I have come to despair if I do not have definite answers I will be forced to rivogermi to a lawyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiccaT3_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a RCS II for a T3 Tactical 308 Win Tikks not folding in May 2011 still do not have a precise date of delivery.

Latest email reminder was sent on 22/12/2011 but no answers come.

I have come to despair if I do not have definite answers I will be forced to rivogermi to a lawyer. </div></div>

Read the Hide rules about repeat/duplicate posts!!!