• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Howa vs Bergara

1000003801.jpg

I don’t mean to be super critical, but I am kind a reading that you shot the Howa better than the Bergara today. I own a derivative of both, so I don’t have a brand preference, that said, I am not seeing the broad point.

In sixth grade science they teach scientific method. Considering the variables in firearm construction and minute differences in individual firearms your step four testing does not go nearly into the depth it needs to establish a reasonable conclusion.

So, it appears you had a good day with your Howa, or you like your Howa more than the Bergara.

To establish a “reasonable” conclusion…

Steps of the Scientific Method

• 1. Ask a Question The scientific method starts when you ask a question about something that you observe: How, What, When, Who, Which, Why, or Where? ...
  • 2. Do Background Research ...
  • 3. Construct a Hypothesis ...
  • 4. Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment ...
  • 5. Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion ...
To say one rifle is better than the other needs ammunition optimized for each rifle. Then the testing needs to be taken over several sessions, over several days. In those test sessions, the rifle's need to be alternated, never shooting the same one first, and so forth. And, with all this, all you will really prove is that of the rifles YOU OWN, one is more consistent than the other.

Alls’ you done today is prove that using two types of ammo, not optimized for either rifle, you shot one better than the other.

You asked. This is what I think.

Maybe OP should buy as many different factory ammo. I'm thinking 15 at the bare minimum, and go test which one shoots smaller groups with each different ammo.

• Haha
Reactions: FNG1001
Lol. I think that redneck dude covered this already!

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
theyre both mass produced consumer grade guns.... any random example of either may or may not meet outshoot a random example of the other , and same goes for tikka, remmy, ruger, savage etc etc. occasionally you can find a excellent example that can keep up with very pricey custom jobs (occasionally, you can win the lotto too!) and occasionally you get a shit one that you have to send back, but most of them are average performers - which is why most of them offer a 1moa guarantee - its not that hard but it sounds good.

Lol. I think that redneck dude covered this already!

A thread that will live on in the annals of Sniper`s Hide. And that`s saying something! Come to think of it, haven`t seen much of redneckbmixr24 of late (?).

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate