• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing howa wont eject 6.5 47 lapua

shooter.dm

Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Magee Mississippi
It seams my Howa 1500 formal a .308 now a 6.5 47 Lapua does not wont to eject the 6.5 brass it will extract the round out but will not eject it out it just drops it when the bolt is pulled fully back. Now if its a live round it will fling it out just fine I know it has something to do with brass length so modified the ejector to stick out further and it helped a little but still not a positive eject some times it will fling it out just barley most time it drops it. Any one have some ideas it has the m16 type extractor. I have had this problem for some time but it never bothered me until I went hunting and mutable targets were available and I could not get a follow up shot quick enough. Any help would be great.

Are you working the bolt like you mean it, or being gentle with it? Try throwing the bolt back like you are in a hurry and see if it spits out fired brass then.

sounds like the ejector is running out of travel, same problem with the remington 700 sps in 300 blackout. You Just need to lengthen the amount it protrudes out of the face of the bolt by a few thousandths.

The key to identifying that problem is when it ejects a loaded round fine but not a fired casing.