• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axmc/ax ejection question.

Unrat3d

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2022
Canada
I have a few ejection questions for my axmc. It’s recently went in for work, it was brand new and had a lot of issues. Anyway they polished the extractor and ejector to cure a concern I had about damaged brass. So I’m wondering if my ejection is not as stron now or if this is normal.

is it normal if magazine is removed and you insert piece of brass and and chamber it, and eject it at a slower pace, for it to drop through the magazine well, or should it be strong enough to hold it and eject it through the port?
And secondly, when ejecting a piece of brass at a bit slower pace, is it normal for the brass not to fling back and hit the area where you normally get ejector marks behind the ejection port? Instead the brass kind of ejects in the middle of the port and I’m getting those ejector marks below the ejection port near the back, instead of where I see it on rifles.
If I pull back on the firmly and run the bolt it ejects fine and the brass hits the place where it is supposed to where ejection marks happen, but I’m just wondering about these other scenarios and if it’s normal, or if my ejection got weakened with what they did to me bolt.

and I should mention that I’m running 308 cases in the axmc in this test

Last edited:
Yes, that's normal.

Pull it back like you mean it and it will fly. Pull back slow and it can just lay in the port or eject weakly.

Reactions: Unrat3d and Nik H
Yes, that's normal.

Pull it back like you mean it and it will fly. Pull back slow and it can just lay in the port or eject weakly.
Appreciate it, thanks. So is it normal to have some ejection marks under the ejection port near the back of the port, and not always in that one spot at the very end where you see guys try to cover and protect, behind the port?
im assuming ejecting short action brass through a long action rifle causes the short action brass to hit different places as well, where as the longer calibre brass the axmc is designed for probably hits more where it’s supposed to?

Appreciate it, thanks. So is it normal to have some ejection marks under the ejection port near the back of the port, and not always in that one spot at the very end where you see guys try to cover and protect, behind the port?
im assuming ejecting short action brass through a long action rifle causes the short action brass to hit different places as well, where as the longer calibre brass the axmc is designed for probably hits more where it’s supposed to?
It depends on what you shoot and how you pull back the bolt, but to answer your question, yes.

Reactions: Unrat3d
I have a few ejection questions for my axmc. It’s recently went in for work, it was brand new and had a lot of issues. Anyway they polished the extractor and ejector to cure a concern I had about damaged brass. So I’m wondering if my ejection is not as stron now or if this is normal.

is it normal if magazine is removed and you insert piece of brass and and chamber it, and eject it at a slower pace, for it to drop through the magazine well, or should it be strong enough to hold it and eject it through the port?
And secondly, when ejecting a piece of brass at a bit slower pace, is it normal for the brass not to fling back and hit the area where you normally get ejector marks behind the ejection port? Instead the brass kind of ejects in the middle of the port and I’m getting those ejector marks below the ejection port near the back, instead of where I see it on rifles.
If I pull back on the firmly and run the bolt it ejects fine and the brass hits the place where it is supposed to where ejection marks happen, but I’m just wondering about these other scenarios and if it’s normal, or if my ejection got weakened with what they did to me bolt.
I dont think it should eject like that. Take a slo-mo vid with your phone. May tell you whats going on. Slipping out from under the extractor, angle of ejection is wrong, etc.

A slow motion ejection of a 300PRC from my AXMC. I was working the bolt slowly and the mag was in the rifle.

That’s kind of what mines like, but seeing as I’m ejecting a 308 case slowly the case isn’t hitting as far back as yours, the same location though, under the ejection port like yours but not quite as far back, but that’s just because the 308 case is smaller im assuming. So it seems like mine is normal and working properly. Do you think if you had the mag out and did it slowly that it would it, or would it drop. If I run mine decently at any remote normal speed it ejects without the mag, only running it very slow without the mag will the brass drop through the mag wel. But I’m assuming that’s normal? I just wondered if it should hold brass without the mag and running it slow

I dont think it should eject like that. Take a slo-mo vid with your phone. May tell you whats going on. Slipping out from under the extractor, angle of ejection is wrong, etc.
I actually did take a couple, but my phone is acting weird, I’ll try to keep posting them

That’s kind of what mines like, but seeing as I’m ejecting a 308 case slowly the case isn’t hitting as far back as yours, the same location though, under the ejection port like yours but not quite as far back, but that’s just because the 308 case is smaller im assuming. So it seems like mine is normal and working properly. Do you think if you had the mag out and did it slowly that it would it, or would it drop. If I run mine decently at any remote normal speed it ejects without the mag, only running it very slow without the mag will the brass drop through the mag wel. But I’m assuming that’s normal? I just wondered if it should hold brass without the mag and running it slow
There is no instance, when I've run any of my AXs or the MC, where my brass has come off the bolt face and fallen into the mag well during ejection.

ETA - As you run the rifle more, you'll become familiar with the ejection patterns. If I'm running the bolt fast, the brass is being thrown away from the rifle. If I slow the bolt, it lands in a nice neat pile just to my right when prone.

There is no instance, when I've run any of my AXs or the MC, where my brass has come off the bolt face and fallen into the mag well during ejection.

ETA - As you run the rifle more, you'll become familiar with the ejection patterns. If I'm running the bolt fast, the brass is being thrown away from the rifle. If I slow the bolt, it lands in a nice neat pile just to my right when prone.
So if you took the mag out and put a piece of brass in your rifle and slowly moved the bolt back, it wouldn’t fall through the mag well?

Mine will drop through the mag well when the bolt is pulled back VERY slowly but not during normal extraction.

Reactions: 37L1
I'm not understanding why you think there is a problem here. Your rifle ejects the brass when operated properly. If pulled back very slowly it will release from the bolt face but not throw the brass. Sounds just normal.

Go shoot your rifle. Put a smile on your face.

Reactions: pfl338
As far as to where the cases hit or expected ejection marks, my MC has over 8000 rnds through it using these calibers,6.5CM,308,300WM,300PRC,300NM and 338LM, here is a picture of the ejection port area.
IMG_2052 (1).jpg

I'm not understanding why you think there is a problem here. Your rifle ejects the brass when operated properly. If pulled back very slowly it will release from the bolt face but not throw the brass. Sounds just normal.

Go shoot your rifle. Put a smile on your face.
I was just wondering all of this because as mentioned, the rifle had to have work done to it and they did work to the ejector and extractor. So I wanted to make sure that everything in regards to extraction was working properly and nothing was weakened at all in terms of extraction.

@Unrat3d - wow, and this was new from AI? Ok, not going to say the QC word...oh damn, I already did. LOL

Best of luck. Hope they got you all fixed up now.

Cheers

Reactions: Unrat3d
As far as to where the cases hit or expected ejection marks, my MC has over 8000 rnds through it using these calibers,6.5CM,308,300WM,300PRC,300NM and 338LM, here is a picture of the ejection port area.
View attachment 8229480
Damn that’s nice. Nothing like beauty from natural wear and tear. I was just curious because having had my rifle go in for work and the ejector and extractor being worked on I just wanted to make sure that was normal and nothing regarding my extraction was weak.

Nice rifle, What colour did it start as?

Last edited:
Isn't that a mechanical ejector? If so brass extraction and patterns all depend on how you operate the bolt. Limp wrist it and they dribble into the action

Reactions: 37L1
Damn that’s nice. Nothing like beauty from natural wear and tear. I was just curious because having had my rifle go in for work and the ejector and extractor being worked on I just wanted to make sure that was normal and nothing regarding my extraction was weak.

Nice rifle, What colour did it start as?
Basic Black

I actually did take a couple, but my phone is acting weird, I’ll try to keep posting them
I just checked my 2009 AW in 25 CM. All original components and a little shy of 10k rounds. Slow pull looks exactly like @Defender3. Anything resembling a normal speed pull and the case lands 15” to right of rifle approx. Tested with no magazine.

What issue did the barrel have?
The chamber was severely scratched. It was a terrible chamber job, completely recked brass and the scratches on the brass were deep. Even after a very aggressive polish there is still light markings, which shows how bad the chamber job was before the polish. It was a barrel that never should left the factory in England and I wasn’t happy about it, because the second I unboxed the barrel and looked it over and looked in the chamber I saw it was scratched really bad and had a bunch of tooling marks. So I felt like it was so obvious and noticeable that it should have never made it out.

I just checked my 2009 AW in 25 CM. All original components and a little shy of 10k rounds. Slow pull looks exactly like @Defender3. Anything resembling a normal speed pull and the case lands 15” to right of rifle approx. Tested with no magazine.
So with no mag there’s nothing you can do to make it drop through the mag? Like if you took 3 seconds to open the bolt with no mag, the case would stay on the bolt face and eject? I know that is completely stupid and that is not in no way how I rifle I supposed to be handled, but I’m just maybe paranoid, because some have said what I’m experiencing is normal and others say they have no issue ejection without a mad while running the bolt slow, so seeing as I had my bolt worked on im just paranoid if it’s working 1000%.
like without a mag and running somewhat slow, it ejects perfect, but running it pretty slow (a speed where probably nobody would run their bolt ever)it pops off and falls through the mag well. I am newer, and I’m new to Ai, so I don't know what’s normal or not, and seeing as the bolt was worked on I just want to make sure it’s in proper working from you more veteran Ai shooters

So with no mag there’s nothing you can do to make it drop through the mag? Like if you took 3 seconds to open the bolt with no mag, the case would stay on the bolt face and eject? I know that is completely stupid and that is not in no way how I rifle I supposed to be handled, but I’m just maybe paranoid, because some have said what I’m experiencing is normal and others say they have no issue ejection without a mad while running the bolt slow, so seeing as I had my bolt worked on im just paranoid if it’s working 1000%.
like without a mag and running somewhat slow, it ejects perfect, but running it pretty slow (a speed where probably nobody would run their bolt ever)it pops off and falls through the mag well. I am newer, and I’m new to Ai, so I don't know what’s normal or not, and seeing as the bolt was worked on I just want to make sure it’s in proper working from you more veteran Ai shooters
I think the context in which they're saying you dont have a problem is that nobody woild run the bolt that slow, as you know.

No, there’s no way to bounce a case back in the port on mine. If i did go that slow, 3 seconds, the bolt head is blocking most of the port as the case flips out.

I think the context in which they're saying you dont have a problem is that nobody woild run the bolt that slow, as you know.

No, there’s no way to bounce a case back in the port on mine. If i did go that slow, 3 seconds, the bolt head is blocking most of the port as the case flips out.
How do I post a video? It’s not letting me. The video doesn’t show up when I try to attach files, only photos

Let me get this right. Your rifle ejects properly if the bolt is operated properly. If you go really, really slow, the case drops off the bolt face but doesn't eject fully from the chamber but drops through the mag well with the magazine removed.

Mine can do that if I operate the bolt like that, some others apparently don't.

My question to you is: are you going to send it back to AI because of this "issue"?

Try and stop being paranoid. Shoot your rifle or get rid of it because it doesn't sound like you will ever be happy with it because of what you have gone through.