• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS Precision HTR. Thoughts.

ogonzalez13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Laredo, Texas
So I just purchased an HS Precision HTR chambered In 308 Winchester and wanted to get hide members thoughts on this rifle If you have used one before.

Many years ago when I first started buying “precision” rifles, HS precision was one of the bigger names, then came along all the custom gunsmiths and you stopped really seeing these out in the wild and heard even less about them.

I have always like the looks of the rifle and have always wanted to try one out but never did. Well long story short I recently had the opportunity to purchase one at a good price so I picked it up and I am excited to give it a go.

I decided to outfit the rifle with a scope that would have been at the top of its game when this rifle was also and found a great deal on a used Schmidt and Bender 4-16X50 with a somewhat rare Gen 2 XL reticle. It really is a nice piece of glass and it looks great on the rifle.

I have yet to shoot the combo but once I do I’ll update this thread with results.

My initial impression of the rifle as far as fit and finish is concerned is very good. The rifle is flawless and feels great in the hand. It shoulders nicely and the grip angle is nice when in the prone. The bolt runs smoothly and the trigger is nice and crisp, a bit heavy but very nice either way.

Sorry for the crappy picture but I promise I’ll get some better ones when time permits.

I have a HTR in 308, and it is one of my favorite rifles. Shoot sub 1/2” with Federal Gold Medal Match 168 gr. Bought the rifle from HS in 2004, and have approximately 1,900 rounds down the barrel. Some people don’t care for HS rifles, but it will shoot!

i bought one after shooting my bil's. very nice rifles and very accurate with just factory ammo. i hated that cheek riser so sold off the stock and got a chassis. customer service is excellent (no problem with the rifle, just ancillary questions i had).