• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report HSM .223 50 V Max

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    I've been a pretty die hard 75gr BH Match guy for quite a long time. Still will use it a lot, but ordered a 1,000 rounds of the HSM reman 50 V Max. No other way to say it, but this shit shoots. Very impressed out of 2 different 16" AR's and going to run some over a Chrony tomarrow with an 8 twist 20" AR and some other variations.

Main reason for posting is that I never put much stock in HSM. I had seen it at Cabelas, but never picked any up. Package looked a little generic, etc. I inquired with some about setting up a Dillon Reloader and running some good AR ammo.

Give it a try, pretty impressive so far!

Re: HSM .223 50 V Max

Have heard good things about HSM reman's but havent tried any myself.

Recently loaded up 50 gr A Max's and 26.0 grs of Varget and shooting them in a 1:8 Sabre Defence varminter and they shoot very well. Was able to average .609" for five 10 shot groups. Not bad considering a fast twist and a stock rifle.

I laid my free floated AR over a jacket and punched a sub minute group with it. Then I adjusted the scope and punched another, right where I wanted it. Left it and hunted. I thing with bags it would be a half minute load.

I have also used a little bit of the HSM ammo and been pretty pleased. I also love that 50gr Vmax, not sure what Hornady did but it is incredibly accurate in almost every rifle I have tried with a variety of loads. Also wonderfully explosive on the small stuff.