• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HTG or Varmint stock..

Northman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2005
Im looking into either of these two stocks for a hunting/target rifle Im building.

I want your opinion in wich you prefer? I have heard that the HTG has a lower comb then the Varmint stock, so its easier to get a clear sight with the varmint. Has anybody experience with both? And could comment?

Re: HTG or Varmint stock..

I have the Varmint and it fits well....No stock pack needed with a NXS 3.5-15x50.

I will try the Manners T3 for my next combination build. The McMillan A3-5 also looks like it might work.

The Varmint stock looks best with a shorter (22") barrel. If you plan on running a longer barrel than that, the Remington Hunter would be another good option.

I like the McM Classic although it is not for heavy barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Manners MCS-T stock!! </div></div>
isnt that the same thing?......in all honesty i am done with mcmillian.....any stock i buy from here on out is going to be manners, or AI...

bench