• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Huber 2-stage vs. Bix'n Andy for Rem. 700

BroncoMustang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 5, 2018
I have done a little research on Huber concepts' two-stage trigger and the Bix'n Andy trigger. Both appear to have some similarities and I am wondering what differences there are? It appears that the Bix'n Andy costs $75 more. What has been your experience with either?

I have both and love both of them. If you go with HUBER, go with 1.5lbs. total.

Reactions: BroncoMustang
I have done a little research on Huber concepts' two-stage trigger and the Bix'n Andy trigger. Both appear to have some similarities and I am wondering what differences there are? It appears that the Bix'n Andy costs $75 more. What has been your experience with either?

The Bix 'n Andy Tacsport 2 stage trigger is a cheaper trigger than the Huber, and is a damn fine trigger to boot. I have 3 of them and love them.

I've played with the Huber's, though don't have much experience with them. They seem nice, people seem to love them.

The adjustability of the BnA is why I went that route. The Huber is not hser adjustable. If user adjustability is not a priority, then I don't think you can go wrong with either trigger.

KThomas,
I appreciate the feedback, especially based upon your experience. I have none with Bix'n Andy triggers, so hearing from someone who does, helps.

JeffD and LanMM,
Thank you also for your feedback. I appreciate it. I just received my Huber two-stage trigger, but am waiting for the action to arrive. Can't wait to take it out on the range.

Reactions: Jeffd
I haven't handled a Huber, but the B'n'A Two-Stage Tacsport is a top notch trigger. I liked it much more than the Timney CE Two-Stage, which simply wasn't as crisp and had a touch of creep that couldn't be eliminated. The trigger is extremely adjustable, which was nice if you're a tinkerer like I am. Bullet Central should have swappable trigger shoes for them soon, if they don't already.

The Tacsport, for what it's worth, is quite a bit cheaper than the Huber. You must have been looking at the B'n'A benchrest models, which don't have safeties and aren't fully sealed like the Tacsport.

I've never had my hands on a Tac Sport, but the design of the Huber is brutally simple, I just don't see much going wrong with it. It also has a ton of sear engagement before you take up the first stage. There's no way even the roughest of handling is going to cause an AD.
The Timney is nothing but a single stage trigger with a ton of spring loaded slop serving as the "first stage".
Also, the Huber's are selling for $289 now.

Last edited:
I haven't handled a Huber, but the B'n'A Two-Stage Tacsport is a top notch trigger. I liked it much more than the Timney CE Two-Stage, which simply wasn't as crisp and had a touch of creep that couldn't be eliminated. The trigger is extremely adjustable, which was nice if you're a tinkerer like I am. Bullet Central should have swappable trigger shoes for them soon, if they don't already.

The Tacsport, for what it's worth, is quite a bit cheaper than the Huber. You must have been looking at the B'n'A benchrest models, which don't have safeties and aren't fully sealed like the Tacsport.
Oh, you may be right (about looking at a benchrest model). Though I probably would adjust mine, it might be a nice feature in case I want it lighter than originally set. Thanks for your input.

I've never had my hands on a Tac Sport, but the design of the Huber is brutally simple, I just don't see much going wrong with it. It also has a ton of sear engagement before you take up the first stage. There's no way even the roughest of handling is going to cause an AD.
The Timney is nothing but a single stage trigger with a ton of spring loaded slop serving as the "first stage".
Also, the Huber's are selling for $289 now.
Hearing that they are currently going for $289 is a good price. I've heard great things about the Huber two-stage, and Rex (who does Sniper 101 videos on YouTube), loves them, and he appears to have good taste in all things related to guns, shooting and ingredients for reloading. Thanks for your feedback; I appreciate it.

Reactions: Jeffd
Had both, was a big Huber fan til i tried the TacSport, moved all over to BnA now. Love the adjustability. Have a geissele S700 on order, if it ever gets delivered ....

Both are good triggers, I sold my Huber a long time ago. I still have my bix 2 stage it has a much nicer break and it’s sear and pull weight adjustable. Every rifle platform is different and having a trigger that doesn’t let the end user adjust the triggers top sear to the rifle bolt cocking piece is a detriment... just my opinion to stir the pot.

Had both, was a big Huber fan til i tried the TacSport, moved all over to BnA now. Love the adjustability. Have a geissele S700 on order, if it ever gets delivered ....
Was the main reason for the switch due you being able to adjust the pull weight? Just curious.

Both are good triggers, I sold my Huber a long time ago. I still have my bix 2 stage it has a much nicer break and it’s sear and pull weight adjustable. Every rifle platform is different and having a trigger that doesn’t let the end user adjust the triggers top sear to the rifle bolt cocking piece is a detriment... just my opinion to stir the pot.
Do you think that a good gunsmith could get rifle bolt cocking piece to work smoothly with a Huber two-stage without needing to have the trigger adjusted?

Do you think that a good gunsmith could get rifle bolt cocking piece to work smoothly with a Huber two-stage without needing to have the trigger adjusted?
Oh yeah, that’s a “trigger timing” service most gunsmiths can perform and that’s if it’s needed ... Huber’s top sear will work for a good majority of bolts as is without timing for cocking on close.

Oh, you may be right (about looking at a benchrest model). Though I probably would adjust mine, it might be a nice feature in case I want it lighter than originally set. Thanks for your input.
You may already know this, but it's more than just pull weight. You can adjust pull weight for each stage independently, change the length of pull of the first stage, and of course change the sear engagement. You can get it just right, if you're so inclined. With swappable shoes and sears, it's about as customizable as they come.

Oh yeah, that’s a “trigger timing” service most gunsmiths can perform and that’s if it’s needed ... Huber’s top sear will work for a good majority of bolts as is without timing for cocking on close.
Thanks for the information; much appreciated.

You may already know this, but it's more than just pull weight. You can adjust pull weight for each stage independently, change the length of pull of the first stage, and of course change the sear engagement. You can get it just right, if you're so inclined. With swappable shoes and sears, it's about as customizable as they come.
I knew that it is possible to adjust the pull weight and possibly the length of pull, but did not know that it's possible to change the sear engagement. Thanks for the information; I appreciate it.

I completely agree with this. My only complaint with the Bix'n Andy Tacsport is the "generous" amount of over travel. In all other aspects it is the best trigger I've ever used.

I’ve got a BnA Marksman trigger on my Rem 700 custom build and it is an absolutely beautiful trigger.. love it!

I completely agree with this. My only complaint with the Bix'n Andy Tacsport is the "generous" amount of over travel. In all other aspects it is the best trigger I've ever used.
Thanks for the information about your experience with the Bix'n Andy trigger. Other than the generous amount of over travel, I've heard great things about them.

I've had both. I liked the Huber, but it wasn't adjustable so I sold it. I recently went to the Tacsport on my match rifle and love it. It's adjustable in about every way. I don't have any issue with over travel. I also have a XTSP Mod 22 on another rifle. It's a very good trigger although a bit more expensive. It has a different feel then the Tacsport, but I'd say they're both comparable in function and adjustability. Personally, for the money I'd go with the Tacsport

I've had both. I liked the Huber, but it wasn't adjustable so I sold it. I recently went to the Tacsport on my match rifle and love it. It's adjustable in about every way. I don't have any issue with over travel. I also have a XTSP Mod 22 on another rifle. It's a very good trigger although a bit more expensive. It has a different feel then the Tacsport, but I'd say they're both comparable in function and adjustability. Personally, for the money I'd go with the Tacsport
Thank you for sharing from your experience; much appreciated.

Here is a link to a guy named Rex on YouTube: I believe the video is called "EXTREME DUTY! - Huber 2-Stage Trigger for Remington 700 - Rex Reviews."

His videos are way too repetitive for me.
You are not alone in thinking that (prior post said something similar). He is a very accurate shooter, though, hitting a beer can at 1,236 yards away. I enjoy learning from him. You should check out the video where he hits the beer can; it's pretty cool.

You are not alone in thinking that (prior post said something similar). He is a very accurate shooter, though, hitting a beer can at 1,236 yards away. I enjoy learning from him. You should check out the video where he hits the beer can; it's pretty cool.

But can he hit a can of Dinty Moore at a mile? That's the true mark of a marksman.

That Rex fella doesn't have the best reputation around these parts. I'll just go ahead and skip that video. Marky Mark is more entertaining anyways, perhaps I'll throw on Shooter and crack a beer. I bet I would learn more about precision rifle shooting that way.

Glad some people can learn from him. I can't stand him (nor can many people here = http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...f-tiborasaurusrexs-youtube-vids.159427/page-4). You can keep him.