• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any reviews of TiborasaurusRex's YouTube Vids?

I have no idea who Rex is in real life. But I won't hold him to the standard of former special forces operator or PRS championship contender.

He's a guy on Youtube with some pretty helpful tips and tricks for guys who are getting started in precision shooting. He put a lot of time and effort into his videos and made a pretty good stab and being informative and helpful. He's helped a lot of people get their feet wet in the game and sped up the learning curve for a LOT of new shooters. There's strength in numbers, so we should be appreciative of that.

Just so long as no one tries to hold him up as the end all to every question then I'm fine with the guy. Understanding that he's not a Brian Litz or Frank Galli when it comes to knowledge and experience puts him in perspective. So long as you have that perspective, then there's no reason to judge him critically. Just let him do his thing. Overall he's had a positive impact with his channel.

I've watched a few of his videos.
He puts a lot of effort into them and some of them contain very good information and explanations.
For example, his explanation of humidity is excellent.
His technique is cringeworthy, but it seems to work for him.

I've been on YouTube since the beginning and for someone who people say is full of (insert: shit, old info, himself, bad info) he puts a good deal of effort into it. Most people who are full of whatever don't usually make so many videos about a specific subject unless it's a stupid attempt at comedy (SNL). Not all competitors in activities are experts and not all experts compete. I've been told this by people who are experts in their field and by competitors alike. The man's background aside, he seems to want to help people understand the fundamentals of long range shooting and the materials needed for the same. Anybody can become an expert at pretty much anything given time, research and practical application. I was never a sniper and I don't compete in anything other than not dying in a boat accident. I'd wager not all former snipers are competitive shooters and not all competitive shooters are former snipers. I'd go so far as to say not everyone who has expert level shooting knowledge is a competitive shooter or former sniper.

I have no stake in TRex's success or failure. I enjoy his videos. I enjoy Frank's videos. I learn from both. Frank's videos are great for times when I don't have hours to kill. Rex's videos are great for when I'm standing by for days or weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read this whole thread for the most part. All I can do is LoL.

I have no idea who Rex is in real life. But I won't hold him to the standard of former special forces operator or PRS championship contender.

He's a guy on Youtube with some pretty helpful tips and tricks for guys who are getting started in precision shooting. He put a lot of time and effort into his videos and made a pretty good stab and being informative and helpful. He's helped a lot of people get their feet wet in the game and sped up the learning curve for a LOT of new shooters. There's strength in numbers, so we should be appreciative of that.

Just so long as no one tries to hold him up as the end all to every question then I'm fine with the guy. Understanding that he's not a Brian Litz or Frank Galli when it comes to knowledge and experience puts him in perspective. So long as you have that perspective, then there's no reason to judge him critically. Just let him do his thing. Overall he's had a positive impact with his channel.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. He does a great job of taking a complete beginner and helping them understand the why and how of long range shooting, and, he does it for free. He obviously enjoys what he does and is good at relaying the info in an understandable manner. He also appears to leave his ego at home, which, is often not as common as we'd like these days.

I cant believe it that I just register for messing up with you guys after reading the whole thread.
Those who defame the sniper 101 series videos, please watch it through! Now it's completed, and 90% of it are done 3 years ago!
Those who think the parameters are not important, please try shoot 2000 or 3000 yards!
And if you have a better LR introductive video series that's more comprehensive and easier to understand than sniper 101, bring them up, you wankers!

I'll bet that one reason Rex doesn't compete is because he was "gutted like a fish" and irradiated to remove cancer, or that he's had another major surgery within the last year. He's said that his shooting isn't what it used to be and his eyes and nerves are not great anymore. That or maybe he just plain has no desire to show off or prove himself to hecklers.

He repeatedly states that the core information presented in the 101 series is readily available for free online in manuals. He points out an error regarding humidity in one of the manuals at one point.

Charlie Melton seemed to think he was legit enough to show up to his class and hang out like they were buddies, staying in touch and even doing a podcast together six months later. Not that I need an endorsement like that to respect Rex. I also don't need him to exhaustively tout his resume or experience to lend him credibility. His down to earth, respectful attitude, the fact that he knows more than I do about shooting rifles, and that he's willing to impart that knowledge to others upon demand in an effective way for basically free is enough for me. There are definitely worse deals in training to be had.

I understand that not everyone is going to get along fabulously, and that is fine, but I'd really like to see people being cordial to each other. Gun people have enough to worry about without crapping on each other for little reason. We all can get along, we have enough in common.

Rex is great in my opinion. Anyone who takes thousands of hours to help expand our knowledge for no personal benefit at all is worthy of my respect. When I first started studying long Range shooting, I read all of Brian Litz books and watched all of Rex’s videos. Didn’t make me an expert by any means but gave me a good basis of knowledge. Kind of irritating to see a bunch of dickheads criticizing these two important contributors to our sport. Not perfect but what is.

I started reloading after watching Rexxx’s videos, and continued to watch the entire 101 series. When he started the RX17 seminar, I attended the first one, and also took a RX17 live-fire course.
In my opinion, Rex puts a great effort of providing unbiased information to the public, with unbiased reviews.
I have learned much from his videos and classes, and am grateful I was able to find it in one area.

To truly master something, you have to be able learn something from everyone, regardless of your skill level. A closed mind is the biggest obstacle to progress in any discipline.

He may not be your cup of tea, but there is someone out there who has improved by watching his videos. I've been shooting LR for a decade (most of that time professionally on two way ranges), and I still felt there was some value to his videos.

To truly master something, you have to be able learn something from everyone, regardless of your skill level. A closed mind is the biggest obstacle to progress in any discipline.

He may not be your cup of tea, but there is someone out there who has improved by watching his videos. I've been shooting LR for a decade (most of that time professionally on two way ranges), and I still felt there was some value to his videos.

Totally agree, if I can, Id like to use your quote, "A closed mind is the biggest obstacle to progress in any discipline". Ive been competeting with a pistol for close to 40 years, listening to and watching others still has my game improving. As for long range, Im like a sponge, absorbing every bit of information I can. Ive watched and learned from Rex, this site, the pod casts, books and anything related to long range shooting I can get my hands on. I love this Google machine, 30 years ago it would have taken me 10 years to learn what Ive learned now in a few months! Thank You, to all you fellows on this site!
Mike

REX KWON DO!!!!!
Why would Rex compete when he gets to go home to Starla every night?

e82e0ef4f14e6a9c9152a27dd14d3bc73606415e3b0c50508c4f9be18fd73807.jpg

When Rex puts on a seminar it sells out in a few hours he teaches rock solid shooting ranging environmental soloutions and all he needs is a mill dot based scope for ranging and a pencil or calculator.

He's the nutnfancy of the precision rifle world. Takes him 60 minutes to go over 5 minutes of actual material.

Painful to try and make it through a full video of his.

People would be way better served by shooting matches and/or getting professional training (preferably both). There's only so much you can learn from a windbag on YouTube...

Aren’t Rex’s seminars like $600? That’s pretty expensive for “free knowledge”

Seems like his posse do not have a problem with it..... me I'll keep my cash buy more equipment and ammo and figure shit out myself here on the farm and the Hide,

A fool and his money are soon parted,

I am still waiting for someone to post their one favorite video.

I'm pretty new to this forum but this thread makes me want to take your class so bad. LOL

I have a 21 year old daughter that recently has become interested in precision shooting. She has very limited time behind the gun. The description of your class says that you tailor the instruction to the student. We've talked about taking a class together. Would it be better to bring her with little experience and no bad habits or wait until she gets more time behind the gun?

When you consider he is a giving a talk and lot of what he does is freeware stuff including his ballistics, the AB Seminars are less money, and you get almost all of it back with free books and DVDs from Bryan, so you be the Judge as to actual value.

$600+ for Rex to talk to you about things he learned in free Army manuals from the 90s, or Applied Ballistics Seminars with Bryan Litz and his crew for $100 less money.

I would never pay $600 for a non-shooting seminar talking about shooting, his posse just doesn't know any better. People will often accept anything when they don't have a foundation, to begin with. If you don't know the difference, bad information is still information and might be more than thought about the day before.

TXBO,

My classes are pretty full, you might be able to get into my August class but I believe that is pretty close to full too. Everything else before is full. I would recommend starting her off sooner than later. When you start with a solid foundation of the fundamentals you will grow more so than trying to correct mistakes down the road. People do get bad advice and do well with it, the issue is, they either reach a plateau or they never really see any growth because they don't have anything to compare it too. They may shoot better, but the world is full of good, bad shooters. They just learn to adapt their mistakes vs understanding what they are doing wrong.

Nobody who shoots alone ever sets themselves up for failure, everything will always be positive. A guy can watch anything on the internet, if the next day they go out and hit the target, credit will be given, even if it is misplaced.

As a newb coming back into shooting and getting into precision rifle I came across his videos. I found them easy to listen to for the most part. He goes on and on at times but I would skip though some parts. Listened to a lot of information and early on it was helpful to a degree. I quickly realized I was looking for more. I looked at his classes and one here in Texas but there was no shooting, for a lot of money and I was like "WTF?"

You quickly realize the info he presents can be found other places. I found some of his stuff entertaining and easy to digest. When I first started getting into this. Now it is harder as I am looking for more. For a class you would be better of finding a class that actually shoots. You'll learn more and have a funner time. Yes, I said funner.

TXBO,

My classes are pretty full, you might be able to get into my August class but I believe that is pretty close to full too. Everything else before is full. I would recommend starting her off sooner than later. When you start with a solid foundation of the fundamentals you will grow more so than trying to correct mistakes down the road. People do get bad advice and do well with it, the issue is, they either reach a plateau or they never really see any growth because they don't have anything to compare it too. They may shoot better, but the world is full of good, bad shooters. They just learn to adapt their mistakes vs understanding what they are doing wrong.

Nobody who shoots alone ever sets themselves up for failure, everything will always be positive. A guy can watch anything on the internet, if the next day they go out and hit the target, credit will be given, even if it is misplaced.

Where can I find the date for the August class? I'd love to do that if I can get it in before she starts nursing school in the fall. In the mean time, I'll try to limit the bad advice she gets from her dumbass father. LOL!

I'll second Rifles Only. The week long class was worth the cost of admission. The mouse trap was outstanding.

Reactions: kthomas
Frank's videos are great for times when I don't have hours to kill. Rex's videos are great for when I'm standing by for days or weeks.

I can't relate to standing by for days or weeks. It's just not in my vocabulary. Even if I threw out my own life wish list, my wife and kids could keep me going 18 hours a day. And then there's work...

I did get a kick out of TRex shooting a beer can at a mile, but he could make better video product by getting to the damn point. And maybe sharpening the point.

Rex is great in my opinion. Anyone who takes thousands of hours to help expand our knowledge for no personal benefit at all is worthy of my respect. When I first started studying long Range shooting, I read all of Brian Litz books and watched all of Rex’s videos. Didn’t make me an expert by any means but gave me a good basis of knowledge. Kind of irritating to see a bunch of dickheads criticizing these two important contributors to our sport. Not perfect but what is.

....no personal benefit......except for the $600 a pop he charges for classes that sell to his followers who see him as a demi-god of shooting.......

the thing that pisses me off about him is he touts himself as an "expert"......yet has no formal education or pedegree other than reading articles on the internet and posting videos on youtube.

Didn't mean to make an association with him. I would be looking into getting some professional range time with them. Sorry for any confusion.

I watched some of his stuff and I got some info from it but no way in heck am I gonna pay that much to go to a class and not get behind my rifle.

Couldnt have said it better, shooting is a lifelong endeavor. I have taught while in the Army and now retired we teach everything from entry level to MIL/LEO, no matter the background i personally learn something new from everyone.
Master the Basics

Reactions: Mike Islander
....no personal benefit......except for the $600 a pop he charges for classes that sell to his followers who see him as a demi-god of shooting.......

the thing that pisses me off about him is he touts himself as an "expert"......yet has no formal education or pedegree other than reading articles on the internet and posting videos on youtube.

He sure knows how to make idiots part with their money.

I'm amazed people sign up for his classes. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Reactions: Bender
Wait, he charges fucking $600 a class?

I taught a brand new shooter with a 300$ Savage hunting rifle package, factory hunting ammo and a Chinese Nikon scope to get a 2nd round hit on a 530 yard 6 inch circle a few weekends ago after going through the basics with him for a few hours.

Jesus Christ. I need to get into this fucking game; if he can charge that, holy shit.

This is the Internet. You don't need no pedigree or credentials.