• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Huber Concepts Bolt Release Issue...

kumaichi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I can't see what I'm doing wrong with the bolt release on my new Huber Concepts trigger. I posted some pictures below:

Tigger Installed:
installed.jpg

See anything that doesn't look installed correctly? It's a pretty simple procedure, right?

Bolt Release Pressed:
pressed.jpg

It looks/feels like there isn't enough travel on the bolt release, it only raises the release about half way of what it needs to be to actually release the bolt.

And Finally, the bolt released so it will actually slide out with my thumb:
boltreleased.jpg

That is how it needs to look so the bolt will actually slide out.

I tried contacting Huber Concepts but haven't heard anything back yet so I thought I'd see if anyone has had a similar issue and how they fixed it.

The rifle is a Remington 700 Mil-Spec 5r with the 40x trigger.

Thanks advance,

Craig

Re: Huber Concepts Bolt Release Issue...

Bend the tab forward slightly. Every 700 trigger I have ever installed needed some adjusting.

Thanks skog, I'll give that a try and report back with my results.

Its difficult looking at photos but it appears that the safety lever is hitting the action and relieving the top of the safety may be needed as well or than bending the tab and make sure the spring loading the release leaver dose not interfere.

I got it working that's to your guys help. I had to "finesse" the tab a bit.

Thanks again for the help.