• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Hunger Games - Catching Fire review

chooter

A#1 BMF
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Kind of long(2h26min) and a very slow paced movie. Kept waiting to see the "kills" but too many were not shown. For the ladies here the love scenes were bland.

First movie was better. This one is just a set up for the finale. Two and a half stars.

Almost went tonight. Glad I saved the $17.00. Ill wait for it on HULU. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm planning on taking my son in to see it this week. He's read all the books, and really enjoyed them, so I'm sure he'll like the film if it's anything like the books were.

First one was surprisingly good. But I saw it way late when it came out on Redbox. Might do the same with the sequel.

Wife and I saw it last night and we both thought it was excellent. The crowd made me feel very old.

Took my wife to see it last night and thought it was ok, long as hell but ok. I think it is just a set up for the next one.

I liked it much better than the first one. It showed the oppression and brutality much more unvarnished & was pretty well paced.

As someone who has read the three books I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed both of the movies. Predictably the second installment is a bit more "darker" and intense and the conflicts of the principals is more evident. I found that the character development is well done. In fact you could argue that a few of the supporting characters might be stealing scenes <g>

Any deviations from the novel is slight and doesn't detract from the film IMHO.

quark

I agree with quark. I also have read all 3 books. The casting is really good, as the actors who play the roles are quite like what I imagined when reading. Pretty sure I saw in the credits that the author is a producer or exec. producer; probably why the film has very little deviation from the book. I heard the last one may actually be split into 2 more movies as there is so much content with the revolution.

I haven't watched the second one yet. I liked the first Hunger Games movie but, I'm still in a conflict over why someone made a movie about kids killing each other.

I watched it on Wednesday. I thought it was very good and would recommend it to anyone apart from my wife (she hates sci-fi).

One tip though, do not buy the extra large soda, I did and regretted it for the last 45 minutes of the movie.

Maybe reading the books helps you enjoy the second one more. I thought it was good, saw it on Imax.

The ending was pretty abrupt, but people said the same thing about Lord of the Rings at the end of the first one.

I agree that the secondary characters were great.

If you liked the first one this is worth it. Really showed the darker side of the capitol, the oppression that finally forced the people to begin resisting, even though unarmed. You start to see the willingness of the established power to commit any act to stay in control. Not bad themes for teens to begin to ponder in our day and age.

just found out over thanksgiving vaca that my uncle in his 60s saw this film. thought it was funny because it completely out of the blue and unlike him.

Saw it at an afternoon showing. I thought it was very good, better than the first. I have not read the books. Overall, I thought the characters (actors) were portrayed "better", especially E. Banks (Effie). I thought the movie flew by and was disappointed on how they ended it.

I recommend.

I've read the books and saw it with my daughter as planned. It tells the story very well and sticks to the story line. The ending is as written as a setup for the next two movies, which tell the story of the last book.

I recommend.

Well seen the first one- kept waiting for something to happen and waiting and waiting and then the credits. Don't think I'll bother with two.