• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting and shooting Tripod options that don’t involve China

z7.jled

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
I want a RRS but my wallet doesn’t, what other tripod options are there that are not made in China,

I’m cool with made in Vietnam/Singapore/Indonesia etc, but fuck China

PVA comp 40? I know it’s made overseas but anyone know where?

Pig0311?

Others?

Reactions: Bob2650
Rrs is made in US. You either buy Rrs or buy foreign. I want US made but don’t want to spend the money. Love these threads!

Rrs is made in US. You either buy Rrs or buy foreign. I want US made but don’t want to spend the money. Love these threads!

I might end up buying a RRS, quality and US made, but I don’t mind Taiwan, they hate China as well ?

Reactions: Bob2650
I want a RRS but my wallet doesn’t, what other tripod options are there that are not made in China,

I’m cool with made in Vietnam/Singapore/Indonesia etc, but fuck China

PVA comp 40? I know it’s made overseas but anyone know where?

Pig0311?

Others?
You need to look at the Colorado Tripod Company.
You will be impressed.

Reactions: z7.jled
Can you provide any more information on Colorado Tripod? Are there any out yet that folks have put through the paces?

SLIK Pro 700 DX. Made in Japan. Then just paint it if you desire. Only $100...then spend your money on whatever head you’re going to use to attach your rifles to the legs

carved sticks from american trees . Two American , leftist , snowflakes duct taped into the shape of an x , is that american enough , not sure if its practical it sure would be funny to see ?

My guess would be Colorado.

You would think they would specifically say made in the USA and/or Colorado somewhere on their website, that’s a big deal to be domestically manufactured in that space. They do state that ownership and development are done in Denver, but that’s about it.

Two follow on questions-

Are CT Company and Rocky Mountain supports the same folks?

Second - for hunting here in the Eastern US (usually less than 300yd shots) do you think a tripod and a bag (tactical udder) or a ball head/arca setup would be easiest to use, gonna try to get the kids out hunting from a tripod

Two follow on questions-

Are CT Company and Rocky Mountain supports the same folks?

Second - for hunting here in the Eastern US (usually less than 300yd shots) do you think a tripod and a bag (tactical udder) or a ball head/arca setup would be easiest to use, gonna try to get the kids out hunting from a tripod
I spoke with a guy from Colorado Tripod Company just the other day. He said that Tactical Supports is the same company, just geared more towards shooting rather than photography etc.

Tripod with a bag will be terribly unstable compared to a tripod with a ball head or clamp that lets you lock your rifle down. Not much of a comparison.

Actually tacital udder on top of a tripod without ball head is very stable

Reactions: z7.jled
I would go with a RRS plate and leveling base or ball head. I went with a Pig tripod, an Innorel 44mm ball head, and a RRS Mlok plate so my daughter could handle my AR this year( right at $270 total price). Once we were set up in the blind she only had to worry about aiming and pulling the trigger. The tripod held every steady. She got her first deer on our first set in the blind. No way would she have been able to hold the rifle up and shoot off the poles of the blind.

Reactions: Backcountryguy
I would go with a RRS plate and leveling base or ball head. I went with a Pig tripod, an Innorel 44mm ball head, and a RRS Mlok plate so my daughter could handle my AR this year( right at $270 total price). Once we were set up in the blind she only had to worry about aiming and pulling the trigger. The tripod held every steady. She got her first deer on our first set in the blind. No way would she have been able to hold the rifle up and shoot off the poles of the blind.

A 7lb rifle is a beast for an 8yr old, (10-15% body weight)

I like the idea of a good sturdy ball head setup to help the kids manage, and if I can use it at a match or hunting then everyone wins

Do yourself a favor, save up and buy RRS. You will always be wondering if you get something else.

Massive plus one. I got an RRS TFCT24L for backcountry hunting/glassing, and precision rifle competitions. I leave my bipod home for hunts now. This pic was taken moments after I put 2rds thru the lungs of my first mule deer at 936yds. Dead solid, could not recommend this enough for hunting. "The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten."

IMG-20191021-WA0033.jpg

@mlpkhl I’m cool with Japan, they really piss in China’s cereal.
Regrettably it is difficult find a product that is entirely made in USA that uses many sub components