• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting Quiver

Penguins

Floppy feet
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2019
Illinois
I am starting to mark and pick out the best arrows I have for hunting. I usually shoot them all 5 times and each time they are a bull or accurate I put a mark on the fletching if I know I had good form. The top 6 arrows are for hunting. Well right now I have 4 arrows set aside for hunting and 2 more to pick out. The 4 arrows are different brands and models. I have Easton Axis, FMJ, & 2 Carbon Express Piledriver Extremes. Is it bad to have that kind of arrow mixture? They are all accurate good flying arrows.

Any comments or advice is appreciated.

Are you saying that you’re wanting to put 3 different kinds of arrows in your quiver at the same time? As long as they are the same diameter and close to the same overall weight I would do it but you have different diameters mixed in with those arrows

Well I guess it depends what kind of hunting you’re doing too. If you’re only shooting 20 yards out of a tressstand it probably wouldnt matter what you’re shooting. They would probably all be close enough

You need to make sure they all shoot broadheads together at your max hunting range. Oftentimes different arrows react differently, only way to know how much is to test.

If they group the same as your other arrows you should be good. Finding a arrow that will group the same as an arrow of a different brand/diameter can be a challenge. Last thing you want is to be presented with the trophy of a life time only to wound the animal/miss because of arrow selection.

Sounds like you are being extra cautious to find arrows that fly true. I would find which brand is most consistent with my set up and stick to it