• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hunting scope help

smokinbobf4

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I am currently building a lighter shorter hunting gun and am having some issues finding what I would like. I have been eyeing the nf nx8 4-32(which I already have 2 and do like), leupold mark 5 3.6-18 (which I question the durability with leupold but have heard good things) and now found the March 2.5-25 which I know nothing about and can’t find that much about and don’t know about durability or tracking but is lighter and costs a bit more. Looking for ffp, light, moa, around 18-25 power.

Going on a 6.5 creed and looking to be able to take out to a thousand on steel but not hunt more than 500

Well.

I have hunting rifles and LR rifles.
My hunting rifles are used for that. Not banging steel at 1k. They see little use beyond loads and killing.

For hunting I like a 2-10, 2-12, or 3-12. Mostly because of their weight and they work.
My main hunter wears a 3-12 LRHS.
Back up/loaner a leupold vx2. Works just fine.

Reactions: isofahunter
Changed the title! Also I do understand the point of a smaller scope, which I do have a vx 2 and another something, I just really like ffp and want to have that with all of my optics, and whether or not I use it for it a lot, I want the option to dial and getting one that tracks and is durable are the most important. The mark 5 almost sounds the most appealing but just not sure of the durability and tracking. Also ran into a maven rs1. Maybe any input on that?

NX8 would be a fine choice IMO, hard to beat for the knob repeatability and size.

Going to get one for my 300WSM build in fact!