• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes hunting scope

wayyonder

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2010
eastern n.c.
any suggestions on a scope for a 300 wm would like an illu. reticle and decent glass. any comments on trijicon

Re: hunting scope

Trijicon gets a good rep. Never spent enough time with one myself to comment but everyone i've talked to who has says they're pretty damn good.

I've got a Bushy with illumination. Works brilliantly.

The Vortex PST would be a good one to take a look at, I got one and like it a lot. Wouldn't hesitate to get another. Vortex or Nightforce....can't go wrong.

The Trijicon AccuPoint is an excellent scope! I have yet to own one for myself but have looked through many. It is top tier in terms of optical clarity and light transmission. The adjustments are crisp and solid. You can also adjust the amount of ambient light being filtered into the reticle.

Chase B.

Is A Bushnell 3-9x40 a good option for hunting on a Ruger in 270?

I have looked through a trijicon 3-9 and was not impressed. Distortion at the edges and not clear. I have vx-1s that are alot better.

A 3-9 bushy 4200 would be a good choice.

I run Monarchs and Loopys for hunting. 1 Loopy wouldn't hold zero on a 300SAUM. Put it back on a 260 and no problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold VX-R Patrol
PST 2.5-10

</div></div>

A buddy of mine just bought this scope for his hunting rifle. It seems to be a great scope for the money.

I use a Sightron SII and a Vortex Viper on my two hunting rifles, but if I was going to buy a new hunting scope, the VX-R is what I'd buy.

Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10x42. Best glass you can get in a hunting scope, 4" eye relief for the 300wm and tough as guts.

I have a Z5 3.5-18x44 with ballistic turrets on my .220 swift and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gopherslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked through a trijicon 3-9 and was not impressed. Distortion at the edges and not clear. I have vx-1s that are alot better.
</div></div>

you must have had a really bad one
that is far from the normal take on the Accupoints

I have an ex-marine friend who is an advid hunter and he told me once that anything more then 6x would be hard to track and movement. Has anyone ever used the afrian hunting scopes? I know Leupold and Nikon have one and the are getting cheaper. I think they are 1-4x. Any feed back is good. I'm going to be getting back into deer hunting next season! Rifle and Bow. From what i read if you were doing big game like cats you need something like this for better feild of view...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-monarh-african-1-1-4x24-matte-riflescope-german-4.html

699.95 at Optics Planet! Minus 5%

A hunting scope should be light, rugged and inexpensive, the Leupold FX3 6x is an excellent choice. The FX2 6x36 is pretty close.

These are very user friendly scopes...glass is clear and bright, FOV is excellent, and 6x is enough mag for 600 yd shots easy.

Illumination isn't much needed for legal hunting hours. The heavy duplex stands out at low light, as does the LR reticle version, or whatever they call it.

It's a simple solution.

TC