• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report HUNTING SHACK AMMO

Re: HUNTING SHACK AMMO

I guess you are taking about HSM ammo, through Mele @ Sniper Central. I use the 155gr Sierra Palma 308 load, when I get too tired or too lazy, to stuff my own loads. It's fast, accurate and goes BANG when you pull the trigger. And at $22.35 a box, fairly cheap. I have not tried the 155 a-max's, not usually in stock.

Hope that helps,

Bob

its pretty good stuff,ive shot hundreds of it with no probelms.

I have had good luck with HSM ammo, specifically the 180gr SPBT 30-06 ammo they sell. They use Winchester brass on all the stuff I have but I think that is subject to change?? I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products either way...

I bought 1000 rds of their version of the Hornady T2- 5.56 round and velocity is about identical but the accuracy was way way worse. I would have to look at my book to be exact but I remember the groups were almost double of the Hornady ammo out of the same rifle. The hornady was about 1 moa and the HSM ammo was 2moa or more. But for storage ammo or blasting ammo its good to go.

I've used some on their M118LR in my Noveske N6 and it's done as well as the Black Hills 7.62 that Noveske sells.

I tried their 77-gr .223 SMK loads and they matched the accuracy of my best stuff out of that gun. IIRC, the ES on velocity was also better than my reloads with thrown charges of spherical powders (usually +/- 0.12 grain from that measure!).

How's the price on their .308 155 A-Max ammo? I can get the Hornady stuff locally for $31 per box of 20...that used to be outrageous, but FGMM in any bullet weight is $38/20!

its $20.05 per box of 20 at sniper central.com

I actually recieved an order of the 155g a-max this week

I am going to run this ammo in the Practical Marksman Match this Feb.

its 308 only this year, so i am borrowing a gun and running factory ammo

we will see how it goes,

i will know more how it shoots this weekend at 100yds then Jan 30th, i will try and stretch it out to 11ooyds

I'm curious how the 178 gr Amax ammo will shoot out of my .308? I just purchased 100 rounds earlier this week.

I have used it in 223, 260 Rem and 308. It has all performed very well. I can get better accuracy on reloads in the 260 and 308 but better is relative. It has all produced sub MOA accuracy. The 223 55gr VMAX performed equally as well to my reloads with the same bullet. When you consider the reasonable price it is hard to beat.

Haven't had any trouble with the rifle stuff. Mainly 223's, but it was awful dirty. 40 cal stuff we had some trouble with off and on and there was some noticable power shifts between loads. I don't think it's bad stuff for the money though. I'd shoot it again.