• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting Songs

neeltburn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2013
South Western Indiana
Building a new Playlist for my Ipod. What songs remind you of hunting? so far I have 32 songs. Post up your favorites.

Of my list my favorites.

Granddaddy's Gun
Fred Bear- Ted Nugent
Dirt Road Diary- Luke Bryan.

Go!

Amos Moses,by Jerry Reeves, such a good guitar picker and fun guy.

Country boy will survive, by that Hank guy, not 1 but 2.

Don Williams is good shit for someone thats still around. Far as the new guys, theyre all pussies IMO.

For some reason, if the guy singin it didnt grow up dirt poor and/or start slamming groupies left and right and doing drugs then I just cant get into it. Not to be entertained by them destroying themself, but more because theyre real people with real problems like the rest of us. All them singers like Tim Mcgraw or Garth Brooks, like where did they even come from and what did they do growing up? Instead of seeming like real people, those types are something more akin to a caricature of a "country" person or the fantasy of what "country" people should be like created by some big-wig Nashville executive.

Hunting or not, these are some of my favorites:

Charlie Daniels - Riding With Jesse James - YouTube

Ghost riders in the sky - Johnny Cash - Full Song - YouTube

Lost Highway ~ Hank williams - YouTube

Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way - YouTube

Johnny Cash & Waylon -- There Ain't No Good Chain Gang - YouTube

Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue - YouTube

Alabama - Song Of The South - YouTube

The Ride David Allan Coe - YouTube

The Ride David Allan Coe - YouTube

Soggy Bottom Boys- I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - YouTube

Bill Monroe - The Wayfaring Stranger - YouTube

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road - YouTube

These are just a few of the absolute best IMO. Most of this stuff was what I was raised up on as a kid, so I automatically associate it with my pap and bein way back in the woods. If you`ll notice, pretty much every single one has some type of story to tell, whether sad, funny, serious, or about the past or atleast SOMETHING meaningful to say. They dont make em like they used to. Either that or these new guys just aint cut from the same stuff as the older singers.

After a good hunt, The Eagles - Take It to the Limit. Not sure about the rest of the song as a "hunting song" but the chorus is appropriate...