• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting w/ your tact rifle, packing it n your gear

Re: Hunting w/ your tact rifle, packing it n your

Anyone have any experience with the "mini me?" looks like a sweet little gun pack.

I use the X1A1 it works for my tactical rifles. I have hunted near PGS and that is great country. Great animals PGS. I have taken two nice mulies from that area and seeing those pictures I want to go back. The X1 A1 will work well, it also provides a pretty good rest, if you chose not to take the bi-pod along because it keeps getting caught in the saddle scabbard. But that is another story.

Just my .02 but here you go!

I carted this (16+++ lbs!!!) thing over a 5000 acre free range hunt in South Texas in early summer!
IMG_6783_crop_resize.jpg

It did the job and was not to bad but I had Gene Williams build me a .300 win mag at ~7.5 to 8 lbs ready to hunt. I will still hunt with my tactical rig but for the long walk, climbing , blah blah blah I will start taking the light stick.

Oh and thanks for the great pics PGS, man I would love to have been on some of those hunts!

NOmag

Re: Hunting w/ your tact rifle, packing it n your gear

Here's my tacticool rifle.

Seems to be accurate ouit to 400 yards, has enough power to take a deer, and its super lightweight.

Carrying a super accurate super heavy rifle on a hunt is great if you want to risk a 600 or 1000 yard shot on an animal, I do not...I hunt better than that.

788_1.jpg

Re: Hunting w/ your tact rifle, packing it n your gear

This rifle weighs 12.5 lbs with the bi-pod and strap. 21.5" barrel. I use the J107 and it tucks in there nicely, even with the USO. I built it as a dual purpose gun, to compete and hunt, because i like to hunt with what i'm most familiar with. It will draw first blood in Montana this year!

Picture2013.jpg