• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting yotes at night ??

jdh4376

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2011
Americus,GA
Does anybody use decoys at night or are they not worth it at night . I always use one in the day ,but didn't know about using one at night.

I call coyote about 85% at night. Never use a decoy any longer. The times we did use a montanna coyote decoy and they came flying in and saw it they split as fast.
I have not used the mojo at night & may pal keeps his FoxPro one off thats attached to his shockwave.
During the day I just use the wing on a stick....works the best IMO.

I just have a sit ,and spin ,but didn't know if they can see it at night like during the day.

I don't think it will be worth it. More gear you have to use at night means less gear for the yotes will be better.

No decoy. If you're runnin' an e-caller, you'd be better off sticking it(the caller) in a clump of grass, shrub or whatever.

ETA: I don't use artificial light, only moonlight.

Last edited:
No decoy. Put the caller at your feet or just a few feet in front of you. Stand up while using a tall bipod or tripod.
No need to hide the caller or even hide yourself. Keep the light in their eyes and they cant see you. Nights with No Moon are best.
We do it with 3 guys, but it works solo as well. It's just nice to have 1 guy running the caller and spot light in between 2 shooters.

Last edited:
Semi new to night hunting but have bagged 3 in the last 2 weeks. I use nothing except a hand call and going to try a FoxPro this week.

( at Night ) . I have set-out a foxpro jackinbox with it letting it run on squeak sound . out in open fields a few times just to see what happens and try something different .
It did work, the coyotes did hear it & ran in to check it out and I popped a coyotes with it . They would never get more than about 50 yard to it and do a couple half-cycles and start to trot off.
They for sure did see the decoy spin and shake when they got close enough . but in reality ( st night ) it's probably no different than just putting out a remote call working in the same role .