• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Hurricane coming..........

xray9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
Central Wash.
If you were in the Superdome (New Orleans) right now, with a hurricane outside, roads closed & no place to run, what firearms would you want for self-protection? I vote for a Beretta 9mm, 10/22 stainless, extended clips. xray9

Re: Hurricane coming..........

You can't shoot a hurricane. I'd bring batteries, flashlight, radio, water, beer.

Why the hell would I want to go to the Super Dome when a Hurricane is coming?

I'd bring an M249 with a couple wheelbarrow of linked ammo and a couple extra barrels.

I am pretty sure the federal government has a policy of confiscating firearms when a hurricane hits Louisiana.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd bring an M249 with a couple wheelbarrow of linked ammo and a couple extra barrels. </div></div>

Especially after what happened during Katrina...

Louisiana has a history of having Hurricanes so why would anybody want to be there in the first place?

Yes the Superdome is closed and the Airport is closing. They are not to be considered shelters. I have men working in the Airport and all construction ceased at noon today, and they are moving people out of it tomorrow.

I would bring a 5 gallon bucket of GTFO, the best fight you will ever have is the one that you avoid.

If I must go, I would bring multiple M60s, a few scoped bolt guns, a couple pallets of 308 ammo, and as many of my shooting friends as I could. That being said, I would much rather retreat back to the mountains and wait it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogmessiah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure the federal government has a policy of confiscating firearms when a hurricane hits Louisiana. </div></div>

Exactly. Confiscated firearms are worthless. Swim to Texas where we have a state law that our firearms will NOT be confiscated during natural disasters. Thank you, Gov. Perry.

My area shouldn't be too bad, but we are expecting 100+mph winds, NOLA, St. Bernard, and the lower areas of LA are evacuating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogmessiah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure the federal government has a policy of confiscating firearms when a hurricane hits Louisiana. </div></div>

^^This

On a side note: It was just the local sheriff's office not the feds but based on the lack of flak they caught for that stunt it sure sets a precedent for the feds in the future.

Y'all be keepin dem herricanes down dere, we dont be needin em up here.

We get swamped with evacuee's. Not so fun.

agreed, it's pathetic how sensationalized the weather channel is making this. once again, the mississippi gulf coast will get it worse. No one seems to realize this cus Jim "the tight t-shirt wearing angel of death" Cantore is in New Orleans. I'm on the west side of this storm, we'll be just fine.

What gets me is the videos of people lined up for plywood before the storm hits. Whatthehell did they do with the plywood they bought before the LAST hurricane?? "Oh well we can build a tool shed out of that stuff, we won't ever have another storm?"

I will be watching for the plywood after the storm passes. Deer season is coming soon and I have a stand to build. LOL
The other hot items are generators. I know several people that rush out to buy a generator at the last minute. Half of them end up not using it and it sits in the shed for a year. By the time they get back to it, it doesn't run due to our high quality fuel.

Damn, and I am headed Cancun in a couple days.. lets hope it does not screw up my diving

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, and I am headed Cancun in a couple days.. lets hope it does not screw up my diving </div></div>

Do you have any access whatsoever to a map?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA-Varminter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, and I am headed Cancun in a couple days.. lets hope it does not screw up my diving </div></div>

Do you have any access whatsoever to a map? </div></div>

THIS ! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have another name for hurricane on the gulf coast.... Rain
</div></div>

I was amazed to hear that they closed schools in the Panhandle. My friends that work for contractors on Eglin AFB got 2 days of paid vacation. You'd think it was snowing or something....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, and I am headed Cancun in a couple days.. lets hope it does not screw up my diving </div></div>

page0_blog_entry16-miss_south_carolina.jpg

epic-fail-geography-fail.jpg

Here it comes, just a couple miles away from me now. Im actually surprised everything is still working right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here it comes, just a couple miles away from me now. Im actually surprised everything is still working right now. </div></div>

Dude, you should be out scouting your neighbors pads and local businesses for all the new shit you're going to get, not posting on the Hide.

Amateurs...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SwampKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My area shouldn't be too bad, but we are expecting 100+mph winds, NOLA, St. Bernard, and the lower areas of LA are evacuating.</div></div>

Not Metairie. We're still here. We've got a almost 50 mph outside right now. It's so awesome. I'm watching some kids playing outside and there trying to fight the wind but isaac is winning. So damn funny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here it comes, just a couple miles away from me now. Im actually surprised everything is still working right now. </div></div>

Dude, you should be out scouting your neighbors pads and local businesses for all the new shit you're going to get, not posting on the Hide.

Amateurs... </div></div>
Instructional video.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kryIY_UEMcc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kryIY_UEMcc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here it comes, just a couple miles away from me now. Im actually surprised everything is still working right now. </div></div>

Amateurs... </div></div>

Just remember this is Louisiana we shoot first and ask questions later. Riding it out in South Louisiana.