• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Hurry and get your 1911s before it's to late!

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.

So, seeing as it's 2011, this marks the 100 year anniversary for this gun. There are a lot of great 1911s out there and if your a huge fan you probably want to purchase one the is manufactured by colt, seeing as they were the original designers/manufacturers of this sexy firearm. I know there are several companies offering specially marked anniversary 1911s which are a lot of money. At least for me. I'm just happy to get one.

So just a friendly reminder hurry before it's to late. You'll never get another chance like this again. If you just want to go for a decent 1911 like me and you like plinking around. Go for something like Taurus or para ordanace GI 1911s just to say you got one. I've read reviews on the taurus and for the money they can hang with the big boys pretty well from what I here; not just in magazines but from individuals who either own or have shot them. Well good luck everyone. As I always say. "To each His own".

P.S. Tomarrow is by birthday. Anyone want to buy me one? lol hehehe. J/k J/K.
smile.gif
I'm not that lame. But I do have a serious question. <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">How do I know before I buy my 1911 that it was actually manufactured in 2011?</span></span> Please let me know. I'm really concerned about this. Thanks and have a great day everyone.
smile.gif

Re: Hurry and get your 1911s before it's to late!

I have bought two in the last month. Haven't checked to see if they were manufactured this year, but oh well. At least I have a few now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a lot of great 1911s out there and if your a huge fan you probably want to purchase one the is manufactured by colt</div></div>

Bought my last Colt about 25 years ago. Did buy a couple other 1911s this year, though. I'm not real big on collecting.

Only got two, a colt 1911a1 USGI, with both a colt slide and a Union Switch and Single Company Slide Made in 1944.

I also have a 1976 Colt Series 70 Gold cup.

You guys are a century out of date.

The year is 2011...get a 2011....welcome to the new millenium!
ee.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are a century out of date.

The year is 2011...get a 2011....welcome to the new millenium!
ee.jpg
</div></div>

Now that's sexy. Didnt they use that on Top Shot this last season?

No. They used an infinity...not an sti model. Sweet gun though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. They used an infinity...not an sti model. Sweet gun though. </div></div>

That is an infinity

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. They used an infinity...not an sti model. Sweet gun though. </div></div>

Epic fail.....slap yourself and feel shame !

That is really purdy. On the xmas list. Maybe I will afoord one before they are having they're 200 yr b-day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. They used an infinity...not an sti model. Sweet gun though. </div></div>

Epic fail.....slap yourself and feel shame ! </div></div>

Hahahahaha I'm dying laughing at your comment. lol hahahaha omg! It's freaking priceless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.

So, seeing as it's 2011, this marks the 100 year anniversary for this gun. There are a lot of great 1911s out there and if your a huge fan you probably want to purchase one the is manufactured by colt, seeing as they were the original designers/manufacturers of this sexy firearm.</div></div>

Why?

It's not a Glock ...
whistle.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.</div></div>

Uh, no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and if your [sic] a huge fan you probably want to purchase one the is manufactured by colt, seeing as they were the original designers/manufacturers of this sexy firearm.
</div></div>

Please tell me you're not this stupid, and you don't actually think that "Colt" designed or manufactured the first 1911s, or that they were "first created" in 1911.

Well intentioned but epic fail thread. lol Though, in the OP's defense, this is being treated as the 100th anniversary.

That aside, I looked at a Colt Wiley Clapp Edition Lightweight Commander. One of the better guns they've produced.
Issues I saw:

Poorly arranged beavertail (lines are plain wrong and it's bulky)

7 pound trigger (guessing...at least it was crisp)

NO DEHORNING WHATSOEVER (though, considering they typically use a belt sander this may be a good thing)

Thumb safety is poorly blended

For $1300, I expect more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.</div></div>

Uh, no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and if your [sic] a huge fan you probably want to purchase one the is manufactured by colt, seeing as they were the original designers/manufacturers of this sexy firearm.
</div></div>

Please tell me you're not this stupid, and you don't actually think that "Colt" designed or manufactured the first 1911s, or that they were "first created" in 1911. </div></div>

OMG are you serious. I knew someone was going to throw a fit about the details. John Browning designed it. US military adopted it just like they did the AR-15 which was derived from the Ar-10 battle rifle Eugene Stoner of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation , or else everyone wouldn't be selling there own versions of both. No one owns the rights to either gun and no one ever will. I wasn't born yesterday. There you happy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.</div></div>

Uh, no.

</div></div>

Please tell me you're not this stupid, and you don't actually think that "Colt" designed or manufactured the first 1911s, or that they were "first created" in 1911. </div></div>

OMG are you serious. I knew someone was going to throw a fit about the details. John Browning designed it. US military adopted it just like they did the AR-15 which was derived from the Ar-10 battle rifle Eugene Stoner of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation , or else everyone wouldn't be selling there [sic] own versions of both. No one owns the rights to either gun and no one ever will. I wasn't born yesterday. There you happy? </div></div>

Seriously, dude, lay off the wikipedia and take an English class. I really don't care if you think you know what you're talking about when your post is rife full of factual inaccuracies from top to bottom. I'd rather be shooting.

Search for my old posts for many pictures of my many 1911s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">How do I know before I buy my 1911 that it was actually manufactured in 2011?</span></span></div></div>

Depending on which mass-produced 1911 you buy (almost all of them except Kimber); there should be a small envelope inside the 1911's box which will have a spent casing in it: on the outside of the envelope should be guns serial #, the date it was test fired, and by whome. It would be safe to say that the gun was manufactured within a few weeks from that date.

Just ask the dealer if you can see the box before you purchase it. They should understand just fine.

P.S. Happy Birthday!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.</div></div>

Uh, no.

lol cute. Whatever man. If you don't care dont say anything. Enough said. Were done with this.
</div></div>

OMG are you serious. I knew someone was going to throw a fit about the details. John Browning designed it. US military adopted it just like they did the AR-15 which was derived from the Ar-10 battle rifle Eugene Stoner of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation , or else everyone wouldn't be selling there [sic] own versions of both. No one owns the rights to either gun and no one ever will. I wasn't born yesterday. There you happy? </div></div>

Seriously, dude, lay off the wikipedia and take an English class. I really don't care if you think you know what you're talking about when your post is rife full of factual inaccuracies from top to bottom. I'd rather be shooting.

Search for my old posts for many pictures of my many 1911s. </div></div>

Look man it's obvious we are not going to get along about this. So lets just stay on topic. I was just giving some friendly help. If you feel you need to add something that's fine with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blood Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">How do I know before I buy my 1911 that it was actually manufactured in 2011?</span></span></div></div>

Depending on which mass-produced 1911 you buy (almost all of them except Kimber); there should be a small envelope inside the 1911's box which will have a spent casing in it: on the outside of the envelope should be guns serial #, the date it was test fired, and by whome. It would be safe to say that the gun was manufactured within a few weeks from that date.

Just ask the dealer if you can see the box before you purchase it. They should understand just fine.

P.S. Happy Birthday! </div></div>

Ok cool. Thanks for the Happy B/D man. I really appreciate it.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure most of you know and there have probably been post previous to this but I just wanted to remind all 1911 fans before it's to late. As you very well know (and maybe some don't, no big deal)the 1911 was first created in the year 1911. Hence the name.

So, seeing as it's 2011, this marks the 100 year anniversary for this gun. There are a lot of great 1911s out there and if your a huge fan you probably want to purchase one the is manufactured by colt, seeing as they were the original designers/manufacturers of this sexy firearm.</div></div>

Why?

It's not a Glock ...
whistle.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

right right, 1911's dont spontaneously explode after 100 rounds! =] jkjkjkjk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Why?

It's not a Glock ...
whistle.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Thank god. I might actually be able to reach the trigger on a .45.