• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing hydro dipping...

hero's machine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
E. WA
Anyone do much of it? I am going to start on a 375h&h for myself and I have a mc millan that I want to dip in something like.... http://www.dipshitzhydrographics.com/WTP-369.jpg and the mrc action will get hosed with graphite black. I am looking to make a fine looking wood rig with the bullet proof features of composites.

I am curious if anyone has used cerakote clear over water transfer film with success.

Re: hydro dipping...

Yup....that's what I am talking about. I want to find some film like my shotgun....to do my rifle with.

IMAG0291.jpg

I'm a dealer for Tarjac which is a local company here that does a LOT of Hydro and they do have several burl wood patterns. They put their own clear over it - not sure what it is but I know it's tough. You can get matte, satin, or gloss. their website is: Tarjac check out their patterns - you can deal directly with them or email me (email on my website).

There are a few sample guns (not the wood pattern) on my show and tell page Darkeagle Custom Inc

Dan

Check out #121 (Turkish Walnut) on the Tarjac website. Something to remember when I get to build my custom hunter (daughter is 2 months old, so in about 22-24 yrs!) HA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdahound76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out #121 (Turkish Walnut) on the Tarjac website. Something to remember when I get to build my custom hunter (daughter is 2 months old, so in about 22-24 yrs!) HA </div></div>

That is real close to my plan....kinda over the top. If I could find something between that and my parkers wood......its going on.

I tried to open the price page, it would not fly on my computer.