• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hydrodip - where/who?

davere

Double Oh Negative
Minuteman
I'm strongly considering having my stock hydrodipped, so I can get it done in ATACS FG. The previous threads on the forum I was able to dig up are from 2013-2014, and don't seem to be relevant vs. who is doing hydrodipping out there now.

Anyone have recent experience with a provider? If so, how was the product, and what was the turnaround like?

Thanks!

I use Bare UR Arms in Weiser, ID . He's done several stocks and a complete AR for me and results have been great. Turn around has been 2 weeks or less once he receives the item .

Few weeks late to post, but http://www.carolinacustomcamo.com/ has done a few shotguns for friends of mine and the quality has been excellent. I'll probably send a few down after duck season. I think their turnaround time was 2-3 weeks.

I'm strongly considering having my stock hydrodipped, so I can get it done in ATACS FG. The previous threads on the forum I was able to dig up are from 2013-2014, and don't seem to be relevant vs. who is doing hydrodipping out there now.

Anyone have recent experience with a provider? If so, how was the product, and what was the turnaround like?

Thanks!

Konohawk offer hydrodipping as an alternative to their various camo patterns so I assume they may outsource that and might be able to offer advice. I have a couple of F-class rifles which are hydrodipped, just be mindful it's nowhere near as durable as cerakoting, so if you plan to bump the rifle around, it's going to scuff up quickly.There's a crazy amount of patterns out there though.

Attachments

• 280AI with Golden Eagle.jpg
    280AI with Golden Eagle.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 6BRAI.jpg
    6BRAI.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 21
Im also in Kommifornia, where abouts are you located? I have a local guy in riverside that does good work and very reasonable prices.

Im also in Kommifornia, where abouts are you located? I have a local guy in riverside that does good work and very reasonable prices.

I'm near Santa Cruz - pretty far north of you. TWN Industries (who make/distribute most of the materials for hydrodipping, it seems) pointed me at a local shop, but I haven't been able to make contact with them, yet. But, I don't mind shipping the stock, either ;)

Supersubes who do you use in Riverside? I have a buddy that is looking to have his A-5 dipped and someplace in Riverside would be great.

Liquid Dreams Hydrographics. Ive used him for coatings and laser engraving, but dipping is what he's been doing the longest. He's also just getting into nitriding and DLC. Im pretty picky about my coatings, and he doesnt hesitate to do exactly what I want. He is an FFL as well. Good dude, great prices!

He has a website under construction, but the facebook stuff is recent.

Richard
(909)772-2199
https://m.facebook.com/LiquidDreamsHydrographics/

Last edited: