• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hydroxycut

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
Has anyone tried Hydroxycut as a fat burning supplement? Just curious if it's worth adding to my current plan.

Re: Hydroxycut

i wouldnt do it...... if your losing weight i would try to stay
off of stimulants like that. iv seen alot of people get rebound
weight coming of of it and its expensive and full of other crap
to, just try to stick it out and b patiant with what u got goin on
allready.

dang, so you're saying I shouldn't be stacking my Hydroxycut and Ripped Fuel with Red Bull and 5hour Energy?

christian-bale-the-machinist.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RYNO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldnt do it...... if your losing weight i would try to stay
allready. </div></div>
agreed, and if you stop losing weight just go to your local pharmacy, and ask for a box of primatene...cost $11.99 after tax, and will last you awhile, and work better than all these so called "fat burners"..

bench

Thats just what you need to go along with all your Monster Drinks!!
grin.gif

Me and the wife tried them but had minimal results..I wouldn't waste the money again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RYNO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldnt do it...... if your losing weight i would try to stay
allready.</div></div>

Exactly , they will raise cortisol levels and thats counter productive.
If the fat comes off fast then it'll come back fast generaly speeking , so taking it of slow and steady with diet and exercise , try to only use stimulants as a last resort and not for very long

Most of the "fat burners" out their use almost the same bunch of herbs and they are all trying to duplicate the same thing which is the old ECA stanck that has been used and still is a very effective and WAY cheaper alternitive and you can taylor your dose to your needs.
the basic old ECA stack was
200mg caffine
200mg asperin
25mg Ephedrine

Ephedrine has been taken off the market for use as a diet drug but it origional use was for asthma and is still available from the pharmacy by way of Brokade or Primatine tablets
the Bronkade is 25mg and the primatine is 12.5.

When i get close to a show and need somthing cut the last little bit of fat off i use an ECAY stack , the Y being Yohimbe
and i take a half a dose every 2.5hrs rather than full doese every 4 hrs , this keeps me from having a roller coster ride of energy
I use 100mg caffine , 12.5mg Ephedrine , 81mg asperin and 5mg Yohimbe and this stanck at this does works better for me that to the old standard cutting drug Clenbuteral and is way less hard on the heart.

I had decent results with the old formula of Hydroxycut Hardcore. The new reformulated hardcore is garbage. I got this diet from 2 friends that compete in shows and it has worked well for me when I want to slim down a little. I usually stay on it for 2 to 3 weeks.
Breakfast - 3 to 4 hardboiled eggs.
Snack - small handful of walnuts or low fat yogurt
Lunch - salad with low fat italian (add half chx breast every other day)
Snack - small handful of walnuts or low fat yogurt
Dinner - 8 oz steak or chx breast with salad (add a baked sweet potato lightly buttered every other day) believe it or not after a few days you really look forward to this sweet tater!!!
I mix a couple protein shakes in throughout the day also. A lot of people I know have tried this same diet and typically loose 5 to 8 lbs a week. Obviously that is with some exercise as well. And diet Dew is ok also, No carbs, calories or sugar!

I would personally stay away from all the weight loss pill stuff. None of that can be good for you.

You cant realy localize fat loss , the body is going to pull for all aftt areas equaly as it drwas down. The fat in the lowerback and love handels , inner thighs and butt is adipose fat and its typicaly the first to come back and the last to go. These fatty areas are the hardest to lose for both men and especialy women because they are estrogen related fat stores. You can help attack these areas sooner and prevent them for comming back after by lowering your estrogen levels , that can be done with over the counter products like Nonvadex XT from Gaspari nutrition , this products helps to raise nartural testosterone production and reduce the effects of estrogen , i assume that seeing its named very closely to a commone anti egrtogen drug "Nolvadex" that it has some sort of a binder that bind to the estrogen receptors in the body to block the produced estrogen from being used. The Novadex XT is the only OTC product i have seen guys get a little leaner from and look a bit harder while adding some strength without bloating up like a pregnant water buffalo , alot of the OTC prohormones are every very effective for gaining strength and the appeariance of gaining muscle because of the massive water retention they cause.

Yohimbe has been proven to cause some fat reduction in the estrogen problem areas , not sure what exatly it does but supposedly it make the adipose fat tissues easier to oxidize and the body is able to pull from it easier.

I got a box of Ripped Freak and a lot of other samples from other brands. I'm not touching this stuff.

If I want to loose fat, I do it with some cardio and healty eating.

I don't have fat, well, maybe a little over the last row of lower abs. If I want to take it off, I'll never do it with that stuff.

In addition to dieting, weight training gives us:
a) caloric burn from the exercise;
b) caloric burn from the higher metabolic rate resulting from more muscle;
c) ever increasing basal metabolism caloric burn as muscle mass increases;
d) ever increasing caloric burn from the exercise as muscle mass increases.

One look at Jjones says he an expert and that he works out. We're not trying to look like him, but his dieting might well be disigned to look the way he does. Nevertheless, exercise has been good for my health and my shooting.

I think everyone has put some good information here but I'll just throw my opinion out anyways.

I wouldn't take any kind of pill to burn fat. I'd focus on proper diet, lifting weights to get your muscle mass up to burn that fat, and doing some cardio.

<span style="font-size: 17pt">Outstanding !!! , and more than anything i'd like for people to see that Mr. Roscoe diden't have to go on some radical "diet" just a few simple lifestyle changes has made a huge differance in his body. I'd be willing to bet that he is sleeping better , joints feel better and has an over all better sense of well being.</span>

I'm very very far from an expert but i have spent years and many dollars trying to figure out what works and in the long run it all boils down to nuitrition and finding out what your body wants to run on.

Their is no magic pill that shreds fat off , at least none that arnt realy bad for you , sure their are some things that have their place and i'll admit that when i get to a sticking point i dig through the tool box and sfind the wrench to make the proper adjustment then continue on

If you have high blood pressure stay away from this crap. my buddy was taking this stuff and i took one tablet and my blood pressure shot up pretty high. it felt like the top of my head was going to pop.

The only stimulant ive seen that has 100% results on anybody is METH....have you ever seen a fat meth-head???

Speaking of nutrition; the last several days, and probably since paying attention to these threads, I've gotten into blending shakes at home. I used to drink juices but was buying them and "them bitches get spensive" though I learned about liquifying carrots.

Just now I blended a banana, half an apple, three carrots, @ five strawberries, @two cups Silk Soy milk, one scoop MRM whey protein powder, @three tbspns flaxseed meal, two hands full of raw spinach.....the shake was much better than the ingredients might sound.

Today, this was lunch.
For breakfast, I had about ten almonds and a protein shake but that is not typical. This morning I was disorganized and its an off work-out day.

Although we're shooters and loaders, try and remember there's no wrong way to blend or juice. Throw in what you have. Taste test and if it sucks add some Stevia liquid or powder or Splenda or salt substitute or even ground cayenne pepper. Its a superior anti-oxidant. If it still sucks pour it down the drain.

Yesterday I did a shake with an avocado, spinach, soymilk, ground cayenne, a lemon peeled, oranged peeled, protein powder, and something else but it wasn't a varmint. Get your own blender if you think your wife might not like your grinding ice in hers because that might dull or chip her blades but on yours you can call that "serrated"
smile.gif

By the way, I'm having alot of fun exchanging ideas with you guys on nutrition and fitness. It all can become droning after a few years without something refreshing.

Casey, i'm enjoying it too. I've learned a lot and it has helped me to make many positive changes in my life. I'm very glad this section got added.

I'm not progressing at the speed Roscoe is, but i'm working with heavy weights several days a week, and I know it is just converting one form of weight to another... i'm good with it. While i'm not looking ripped, I can tell the muscle is there because I can lift things I couldn't before, and My arms are way huge compared to before.

It rocks, i'm never going back. Good on ya to everyone who posts in this section and tries to make themselves better by learning & doing.

BTW- I tried a thermogenic in the past (not hydroxycut), and it gave me serious jitters and anxiety. Don't know why that is, but I know it was that stuff because I stopped taking it and stopped having symptoms. I put no stock in them, and won't take them.

Try to get away from the soy products , soy protein has been proven to raise estrogen levels in those who drink it. If you are lactose in tolerant try drinking some raw milk or use almond milk.
I actualy make a milk substitute out of vanila whey and water

I'd recommend USP Lab's Oxy Elite Pro. These types of supps are not the be all end all. Nothing will take the place of a good diet and exercise. I've used OEP in the past to take advantage of the high levels of caffine for early morning workouts.

Jones, the soy milk has more sugar content than almond too as I recall. I'd been getting almond but they were out though I didn't know that about soy. Dammit! So that's why I'm gay.
wink.gif
Where's the testosterone when you need it?

Way ta go, Roscoe.

Jones, come shoot with us? We're gonna have a club match in April.

From my experience (and I have a lot) if it isn't illegal, it isn't worth using.

Good piece of advise-

Buy 200mg caffiene tabs as cheap as you can
Buy 81mg baby aspirin, enteric coated
Buy "Bronkaid" (ephedrine sulphate, it's available behind the pharm counter.)

Take 1 caffiene tab, 1 aspirin, and 1 Bronkaid. Start at 1 per day, work up to 3 per day. Way more effective than any diet pill on the market.

Thats your basic ECA stack. Its easier to go to a dr and get duramine. They can also monitor your positive or negative side effects.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From my experience (and I have a lot) if it isn't illegal, it isn't worth using.

Good piece of advise-

Buy 200mg caffiene tabs as cheap as you can
Buy 81mg baby aspirin, enteric coated
Buy "Bronkaid" (ephedrine sulphate, it's available behind the pharm counter.)

Take 1 caffiene tab, 1 aspirin, and 1 Bronkaid. Start at 1 per day, work up to 3 per day. Way more effective than any diet pill on the market. </div></div>

lol didn't expect to see people posting ECA stacks on snipershide
laugh.gif

I view training and nutrition as healthy living and except for my ego wanting to look as good as possible thats the only reason I do it, but I don't want to look good to the extent my health suffers. Isn't that counter-productive?

I can tell you that ECA stacks work. Problem is there to dangerous. The ephedrine is used as a stimulant increasing the heart rate and metabolic rate whilst suppressing the appetite, same with the caffeine but on a lesser level. The aspirin is used for thinning the blood. Ephedra is used in over the counter cold and flu tabs but heavily monitored. If you still don’t think ephedra works, go a day without anything with the cold then go a day with the ephedra based cold and flu and see for yourself.

The major problem with the ECA stack is it dehydrates you big time. Party users use it for a speed substitute because its cheaper and easier to get. Problem is they take other drugs and alcohol that increases dehydration on a cellular level causing your body to over heat.

I have a mate that was diagnosed with ADHD and took 10x 5mg dexamphetamine tablets each day. This boy could pop 3 and go straight to sleep. He did weights and was lean, like 8% year round. Now he has serious joint problems. The possible correlation between the two is obvious and that is why I always say see a Doctor. I have known way to many people and friends with health issues and side effects because of vanity.

Epherine is an over the counter asthma med , it opens the air ways. This is not to be confused with sudoephedrine (sp) found in sinus meds , though they are both vasodialators the normal ephedrine is a bronchial dialator.
When combined with caffine and asprine its causes a thermogenic effect due to increased metabolism. If you replace the asprine with 5mg yohimbe its works even better.
Is it dangerous , of course but like anything if its used in moderation and the person taking it is healthy then the side effects are not as bad as the media has blown them up to be , the trouble lies when uneducated people take way to much as an effort keep from having to be stict with a diet and exercise , it can be a usefull tool to get off that last little bit of fat , that said it is not that hard to get your bodyfat to the single digitsThats good , if you want to go to the gym i dont mind Taking him so you can go get an early start with just diet and not even alot of cardio , now to get into the low ssingle digits then its effective to give the body a little push

All that said i DO NOT recomend it for anybody not trying to get to a very very low bodyfat

I did not think you could even you could get ephedrine based meds over the counter anymore. In california even sudafed has had all the good stuff pulled out of it and its now worthless to take when you have a cold.

you can get it here, you just have to ask the pharm counter... and you can only buy 2-3 boxes @ a time... from any one store.

The stuff in cold meds is a favorite for making meth , things that work like Aleve cold and sinus have it in their and you have to go to the counter and sign for it , here in Louisiana they scan your DL and im pretty sure if you try to buy more to sonn it'll throw up a flag..
Regular ephedrine can stll be had in most staes but is the same way kept in pharmacy and signed for to buy it.

The FDA took ephedrine off the market several years ago AS A DIET DRUG , its still sold as a asthma med and like anythig else im sure they could give you alot of shit if your were "miss-useing it" for dieting purposes.

In the body building community a drug called Clenbuteral is very popular for the same reason that the ECA stack is but it last much longer so once a day dosing is enough , i know three people that fucked themselves up with this stuff because it takes a couple days to feel the full effect of the dose and they did not sneek up on their max dose and when the compound saturated their system and they got the full effect they were well above their tolerance both have permenent heart conditions now.

Diet drugs are nothing to play with and reading some of the forum and hearing some of the "bro-ology" that these guys are passing around its a wonder more guys don't drop dead in the squat rack. I've heard 18yr old kids talking about stacking crazy doses of clenbuteral with high doses of T3 (thyroid hormone) justto get cut up a little to go to spring break!

Their is no magic pill or juice to take to make you pack on 15lbs of muscle or drop 30lbs of fat , their are things that will give you this illusion but its just that , not somthing thats gonna stick around for long

Their is no substitute for hard work and dedication in the kitchen

Im more than familiar with ephedra extraction from my time as a cop. Still remember when a snitch at Costco would call for people cleaning out the shelves of all the cold medicine. They would grind the pills in a blender then strain it through a variety of means to extract the ephedra and then sell that in bulk to a chemist that would do the cooking....

And to think we will pack the same stuff into our bodies for the sake of cutting away some fat. I know in my younger days I used exinadrine and hydroxycut to stay awake when working mids but now look back and that and cannot figure out WTF I was thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always had a problem with my side handles, even when I ran 5 miles per day and weighed 197#. I read an article talking about the Oxy Elite Pro at GNC saying that it helped to shed/burn fat from the sides, abs and rear. Something about a chemical that reversed the bodies chemical that caused fat storage in these areas.

Just curious as it has 100mg of caffeine and 119.5mg of what’s called a "proprietary blend"
</div></div>

Fitness is somewhat my expertise and you can't target burn fat. It just falls off where it falls off, some places take longer to slim up than others.

build muscle and change your diet. low unnatural sugar. ie. fruit sugar ok. low fat. low dairy. low meat.

lots of veggies, fruit, and whey powder. build lean muscle ie. do 12-15reps.

do workouts that get you a good afterburn. ie. multiple movements using large muscle groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Km22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fitness is somewhat my expertise and you can't target burn fat. It just falls off where it falls off, some places take longer to slim up than others. </div></div>

Yea, I know. It sucks balls but a guy can wish cant he
wink.gif

I know they'll go away eventually. </div></div>

There is a grain of truth to this whole myth, but it's buried under a silo's worth of bullshit. One particular example that I like to pick on:

Cortisol (a stress hormone) does affect fat storage, but the crap that salesmen claim about it being predisposed to "belly fat" is utter bullshit... there is little to no credible science to back it up. This is why those fuckers that used to hawk Relacore (and many similar things) on TV a few years ago got in trouble for the claims they made about it, and are now facing a class action law suit and FDA reprimand.

What I think a PSA bout these drugs should say:
The best way to go about solving the issue is to reduce your stress level, not take magic pills. That and get your fat ass up off the couch.

I wish more people had common sense these days, everyone wants something for nothing (present company not included).

You are so right ... quit eating the fried chicken and start eating salads-- get a vitamix ... make spinich smothies. I got on a rowing machine now, exersizing every morning (most days) dropped 25 pounds in 3 months ...

Forget thoes gimmics and the drugs .. cut your in-take and eat right and exersize.

P90X works as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get your fat ass up off the couch. </div></div>

Thats the problem with our society as a whole, the way I see it anyway. It still floors me to think what can be acheived with a simple diet / life style change. Add excersise to the program and your in the race.

Over these last two months I've been watching people where I get gas and or shop. Big Gulps, king size snickers, family sized bags of chips and over sized hot dogs seem to be the mid day snack and luinch for the 7-11 and Circle K crowd. At the grocery store people have sacks, buggies, and bags filled with cokes, candy, chips, cakes and general junk. These are the same people that are saying they're fat and cant seem to get a grip on it or loose the weight.

All we have to do is look around, we'll see plenty of examples of what not to do. </div></div>

What do you mean? Are you saying I'm not going to loose weight getting a diet coke with my quarter pounder w/cheese and large fries? Damn it.
frown.gif

What gets me is the people who are starting their kids off this way , I pay good money for my 6yr old to go to a nice private school where they still say the Pledge every morning and say a blessing before they eat lunch , this same school serves the worst shit food to their children so i send my son with his lunch eveyday and he does get picked on for it , more buy the teachers than the kids , i went and addressed this issue with them and i was found to be the bad guy for making my child eat healthy , I was told
"he is just a little kid their is no reason to make him eat the things you eat because you want him to look like you"
I don't want him to look like me but i do want him to be healthy and not be way over weight or have health issues when he is in his teens. The only responce i could muster is
"i don't want him to look like me , but i damn sure don't want him to look like you!!"

America has become a place built around lazyness , eveything is made so people have to work less , drive through fast food , super size meals , king size candybars. Lord knows if your gonna burn 15 calories to open a snickers bar you may as well open a 1000 calorie bar rather than a dinky little 500 calorie one right??

Now i have to admit im guilty of eating a KFC "doubledown" and drinking unsweet tea with it , but im following a diet that allows alot of fat but no carbs and i've only done that twice.

Im not saying everybody needs to avoid all fast food and processed foods forever just don't make them a staple of your eating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What gets me is the people who are starting their kids off this way , I pay good money for my 6yr old to go to a nice private school where they still say the Pledge every morning and say a blessing before they eat lunch , this same school serves the worst shit food to their children so i send my son with his lunch eveyday and he does get picked on for it , more buy the teachers than the kids , i went and addressed this issue with them and i was found to be the bad guy for making my child eat healthy , I was told
"he is just a little kid their is no reason to make him eat the things you eat because you want him to look like you"
I don't want him to look like me but i do want him to be healthy and not be way over weight or have health issues when he is in his teens. The only responce i could muster is
"i don't want him to look like me , but i damn sure don't want him to look like you!!"

America has become a place built around lazyness , eveything is made so people have to work less , drive through fast food , super size meals , king size candybars. Lord knows if your gonna burn 15 calories to open a snickers bar you may as well open a 1000 calorie bar rather than a dinky little 500 calorie one right??

Now i have to admit im guilty of eating a KFC "doubledown" and drinking unsweet tea with it , but im following a diet that allows alot of fat but no carbs and i've only done that twice.

Im not saying everybody needs to avoid all fast food and processed foods forever just don't make them a staple of your eating. </div></div>

Right on.
My daughters go to preschool and when its our turn to provide the snack its always something decent. The rest of the time its straight garbage. They give them the cheapest juice boxes they can find and then load them up with whatever gummy candy they have. Of course most of the teachers there are overweight as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Diet drugs are nothing to play with and reading some of the forum and hearing some of the "bro-ology" that these guys are passing around its a wonder more guys don't drop dead in the squat rack. I've heard 18yr old kids talking about stacking crazy doses of clenbuteral with high doses of T3 (thyroid hormone) justto get cut up a little to go to spring break! </div></div>

You can thank the internet for this. I hadn't even heard of clen until I started reading bodybuilding/powerlifting forums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can thank the internet for this. I hadn't even heard of clen until I started reading bodybuilding/powerlifting forums.
</div></div>

Exactly , and some of these "guru's" on these sites are nothing more than punk kids that have read up and believe everything they hear and its passed along as the facts.
I'm lucky enough to have the chance to talk to real world pro body builders who have "been their and done that" and know exactly what works and whats bogus info

At the start of 2010 I lost 6kg (13.2lb) in about 10 days by using Hydroxycut, eating a tonne of tuna and running about 4km every day.

It was great, seeing quick results is good for the mind.

BUT

I would not recomend hydroxycut. I dont think its good for the body at all.

I gave the pills to the Mrs because she wanted to cut back a bit. Shes 5'0" and 108 lb. She had two in the morning, went to work, had another two before lunch... when she went to have her lunch her boss dropped some urget work on her, so she skipped lunch. 4 hydroxycuts later and no lunch had her freak out at work. She had a massive anxiety attack, started crying and she had a break down. I had to drive in to the city and pick her up from work thats how bad she was.

She said she felt like she had overdosed on ecstasy whilst at work... Keep in mind shes a woman, not a party animal... me personally, I would have just danced it off with the boss or some shit! Seize the day I say.

I think theres better ways to do this. If you have access to clenbuterol I hear it works wonders.

Nothing beats going for a run every day
laugh.gif

That anxiety is exactly why I refuse to take thermos like that anymore, it does the same thing to me. That many in one morning would drive me over the edge too, hell two of them flat tweaked me out. I was using one from Xyience, can't remember the name (was a few years ago). For me, it contributed not only anxiety, but also irritability. I have a short fuse anyway, so not a good combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.
I think theres better ways to do this. If you have access to clenbuterol I hear it works wonders.
</div></div>

NO NO NO !!! , if you want to feel like shit , then thats the stuff to take.
Their is no substitute for improving your diet and exercising , ALL of these diet pill state that the results seen are not common and best results are seen with diet and exercise. Fpor the average couch potato when they decide to get off their ass and do somthing about the 40 pounds of fat hanhing on their waist they automaticly look to these wonder drugs , well they start a diet and start exercising then when the weight falls off it was cause the bulls hit stimulant they used not thinking what drastic changes they made to their life style.
The same goes for the dumb ass HCG diet , everybody wants to blame the HCG for the amazing "WEIGHT" loss never mind the 500 cals a day they were taking in. Their is no pharmacology to support that HCG does anything benificial to support fat loss , in men , it might raise testosterone levels a little which could aid in some fat reduction but nothing like chopping your calories back to nothing

I think vman was being sarcastic about the clen, but it's so hard to tell on the net. Great insight as always Jones, you're squared away.