• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am a Wisconsin TOUGH MUDDER

Francotirador

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Wisconsin
So I did the TOUGH Mudder event held in Wisconsin. Let me tell you, it is not for the weak.

3508bhd.jpg

13 Miles with 29 obstacles.

Re: I am a Wisconsin TOUGH MUDDER

Outstanding, I cant wait till I have the opportunity to participate. Do they allow you to drink through the competition?

Very nice, they are fun! How was the terrain where you ran it? The last one I did was at Mt Snow VT and it was straight up and straight down a ski slope about 25 times to include all the obsticals and MUDD with a good bit of water thrown in. I thought the obsticals were very easy and belw threw them (all but the 15 foot wall, thats a big jump, it took me 2x). I just signed up for the next one in Boston and it should be a bit flatter. They are a good event and well orginized, everyone should run one.

They provide water stops and banana stops. The terrain was like you average farmland, hills, ponds and very muddy at times. I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR!

It was a blast, I'm going to sign up for next year. I'm a little sore a buddy of mine tore a lig. in his ankle on Everest but he finished.

I ran the Minneapolis, MN (somerset, WI) on May 19. I didn't think it was too bad. The running through the hills was the toughest part by far. Everyone should do a tough mudder in their lifetime. It was a lot of fun.

Im doing the NJ one in Oct. The ice is gonna suck then. Hope its not too cold on the 20th.

My wife and I have both done them.

Anyone tried a GoRuck? www.GoRuckChallenge.com

I've done two... love them.

The remind me a bit of the suck that I'm missing being out of the service and it's really cool to see civilians come together and work like a team to get through the event and accomplish the objectives.

The difference is that in a TM you can do the whole course with no help as long as you are fit and athletic. In the GRC it's a team building event. Everyone starts together and finishes together.

My last one was New Years Eve and we had a guy who just got done with Cancer treatment. He gave what he could and made it. We ended up carrying has ruck for about half of it.

It was 19+ miles and took just over 12 hours to complete. We started at 2200 NYE and ended NYD at about 1130.

Highly recommended.