• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am creating a.308 BDC reticule and can use your guys help.

camomallninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
Hi everyone I am putting together a .308 reticule with BDC for 175 SMK out to 1000 and wanted to get some feed back from experienced guys.
From my understanding most shoot rem 700 in .308 and AR10/.308. I am trying to find a good FPS that will match up with most guys needs.
So far I am thinking 2650 any other suggestions? I know factory ammo will have less fps then most reloads.

Also would like to match up either with same 0 or .5 high at 100 168smk out to 600

Thanks again everyone.

Camninja

Last edited:
I've a 20" factory that runs 2623, and a 22" Pac-Nor that runs 2695 both with the same load.
45grs of Varget pushing a 175smk. These are good numbers as the up to a grand confirms the Cronny speed as well.

I've a 20" factory that runs 2623, and a 22" Pac-Nor that runs 2695 both with the same load.
45grs of Varget pushing a 175smk. These are good numbers as the up to a grand confirms the Cronny speed as well.

Great info thank you. It seems most are around that that range and why I am thinking 2650. Then others with longer barrels push them at 2700+
I would prefer to be low on target then high that way splash can be seen.

Have you thought about making it for a 155gr Scenar @ 2950?

We have looked at several loads but it appears most guys are shooting either 168 for 600+ and 175 for 1000+
most .308 loads line up out to 600 well with different zeros. What is the BC on the 155?

I would prefer to be low on target then high that way splash can be seen.
Better to Error low for 2 reasons, one of which you made comment to.
Also forgot, I had a Gap with a 26" 11.27 Rock that ran that same load at 2696-98 as well.

Just ask NF to offer the Velocity reticle they have for the military in Mils and their drop.

They use 2575fps I believe or something really close for the military and it works well.

Most people are running Much Slower than advertised... especially to get function and accuracy.

I also use .496 and have been forever... Pre-Litz that the was standard BC for the 175SMK and it worked great. Most of the tables you find are with that... or better use the banded numbers as 1 number and Point Mass is usually not as accurate which is why you can Band G1 and have just as accurate data as any single G7 number.

I chrongraph every class I do the numbers are never close to what people think they have. Most gas guns are closer to 2600fps even or slightly less with a 175

I use:

.496 and 2620 for bolt guns.
.496 and 2575 for gas guns.

There's not much difference.

I see what would you guys like to see in a reticle or reticule?
I'd like one with at least 60-80 IPHY of up reticle sub-tension(in small 1 iphy hash's w/2's larger and 10's much larger), with the zero/100yd setting at the top.(Which in most scopes is a wasted space) I like the MD-MOA from USO because it allows 60 IPHY before having to add with the knobs and still has a 100yd zero. Just wish the +20 had been a zero with 60 more or better. I do not like a retical or knobs that have a range hold/mark, I prefer just a sub-tension reticle. 60 iphy does 98% of all my shooting be it either .308win or 300wm, be they subs or full power.

I don't like to dial if I can get out of it, waste of time I may or may not have. 40 iphy of wind both ways would be nice as well, as subs at long have exceeded the MD's 30 iphys ability many times.

Just ask NF to offer the Velocity reticle they have for the military in Mils and their drop.

They use 2575fps I believe or something really close for the military and it works well.

Most people are running Much Slower than advertised... especially to get function and accuracy.

I also use .496 and have been forever... Pre-Litz that the was standard BC for the 175SMK and it worked great. Most of the tables you find are with that... or better use the banded numbers as 1 number and Point Mass is usually not as accurate which is why you can Band G1 and have just as accurate data as any single G7 number.

I chrongraph every class I do the numbers are never close to what people think they have. Most gas guns are closer to 2600fps even or slightly less with a 175

This is correct. We use G7 and noticed what you mean on the gas guns.

We run several software and confirm on paper

Last edited:
2450 for a 16" gas gun.

2600 for 20 " Bolt should work, although I have seen up to 2650 on occasion.

-J