• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am going to be a father!!

maccrazy2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2009
10 minutes S. W. of denver
I had dinner with my parents last night to let them know they are going to be grandparents. I am quite excited! I do not know what to expect but I am looking forward to it.
And to think I thought I was too buisy to go shooting as much as I wanted this summer.

Re: I am going to be a father!!

piece of advice, every time you go to Walmart, Target, or anywhere that sells diapers. Pick up one box each time, and you won't have to run out to get diapers at the worst times when the little one is born.

Congrats, they are fun, watch out though time flies.

Congrats Man !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">piece of advice, every time you go to Walmart, Target, or anywhere that sells diapers. Pick up one box each time, and you won't have to run out to get diapers at the worst times when the little one is born.</div></div>

+1

Congrats! As others said, rest now, 'cause you won't be getting much sleep later
smile.gif

Also remember that reading is important. Here is my son's idea of a bedtime story:

IMAG0052.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">piece of advice, every time you go to Walmart, Target, or anywhere that sells diapers. Pick up one box each time, and you won't have to run out to get diapers at the worst times when the little one is born.</div></div>

+1. Start buying now. I just had #4 less than 2 months ago. Each time we started buying needed supplies a little at a time long before the due dates. Stretching out the purchases really helped us stay on budget. After everything is settled in, start saving for school. Love and attention are the most important things you can give your child. Next on the list is private education.

Congratulations man! Best thing that ever happened to me - twice

life changing for sure man. it is an instant best friend forever and then you get to see the grey hairs just come in lol. Cant wait for the next one here is a pic of my monster at 20 months

IMAG0073.jpg

About the private education comment. I am torn on that subject. I went to private schools untill 8th grade when I asked to go to public schools so i would have more friends around my neighborhood. However when I went to the public schools it was easy because they taught to the dumbest kid in the class. I would say they were about 2 years behind my old school.
However the schools here in colorado seem much better than atlanta. I finished my senior year here and the school was much better.
I will have to give this some thought over the next few years. My best friend has twins that are 4 and a 2yr old so i will see what he has to say about their schooling.

You’re putting thought into it, so I’m sure you’ll make the right decision for your family. For my family, moral issues were a big consideration, but that’s religion and politics…

Congratulations on the addition!

Just curious. How long did your wives stay home with the baby? I was cared for by my mother untill I was in school. Then she got a job where she could pick me up after school. (There was no buss service at that school)
Once i was old enough to be home alone my mother started working full time again. I would prefer this arrangement myself. I do not know yet how we will handle caring for the baby.
My girl and I have not really discussed any of this yet. I think I could support all 3 of us on what I make now if I get on a budget and cut back on everything a bit. We will have to figure all that out as it comes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtnCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You’re putting thought into it, so I’m sure you’ll make the right decision for your family. For my family, moral issues were a big consideration, but that’s religion and politics…

Congratulations on the addition!

</div></div>
I was raised catholic and went to a babtist private school. It led to some funny conversations over the years.

A little over 12 yrs so far.
smile.gif
She's a homemaker... and I cooked supper last night, the kids cleaned up the mess, I took the kids to school this morning... I'm not sure what a 'homemaker' does, but it doesn't leave much time for cooking and cleaning...
smile.gif

interesting question, my wife just retired to stay at home this year, my daughter is 13. i should have done without a lot more toys when she was younger so she couldve stayed home. It makes a big difference. Mom and daughter are a lot closer now

Congrats! Yes buy a box of diapers EVERY time you go to target or walmart and buy all sizes and a box of ammo cuz that spending will slowwwww down a bit.

Congrats to you. I've got the second on the way myself. The wife hasn't worked since about 3 months before she was born so we're going on 4 years now of her being home. If you can afford it do it. You will know who is taking care of YOUR child 99% of the time that way.

A small child will drink up quite a bit of formula if she don't breast feed for some reason. My little girl wouldn't take it and ended up on formula. Diapers are expensive the bigger they get. When they get to around 1 and eat real food it seemed like the feeding them just blends in with normal grocery bills but a little raised. The diaper idea is something I may start doing. Sometimes sams or something like that is great to buy formula and diapers but really do the math on it as sometimes it's cheaper at your local grocery store.

Congrats on the baby!!!

+1000 on the buy diapers and other items starting ASAP!!!

If at all humanly possible let your wife be a stay at home mom. The rewards far outweigh the money lost, unless she makes more than you do of course. When we had our first my wife went back to work, same with the 2nd, when our daughter was born she decided that she wanted to stay at home and I would not trade that for the world.

Congrats! And when people ask for gift ideas, ask for toddler sized diapers. Everyone always gives newborn diapers which is nice, unless your kids are like mine and never wear newborn clothes, but it's nice to get a break on diapers when they're a little older too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious. How long did your wives stay home with the baby? I was cared for by my mother untill I was in school. Then she got a job where she could pick me up after school. (There was no buss service at that school)
Once i was old enough to be home alone my mother started working full time again. I would prefer this arrangement myself. I do not know yet how we will handle caring for the baby.
My girl and I have not really discussed any of this yet. I think I could support all 3 of us on what I make now if I get on a budget and cut back on everything a bit. We will have to figure all that out as it comes. </div></div>

Mine are 5 and 3, and my wife is still at home. She's homeschooling the older one for now as well. Finances can be tight with one income, but it's worth it.

congratulation the happy event, make sure to have a diaper genie with plenty of refill, you don't want to run out of those and take lots of pics of the little one everyday.

Thanks Guys. For now I am socking away as much money as I can to cover baby stuff and living expenses. I was saving to buy a new truck so I have a good headstart. I will still need a new truck but I will scale back what I was planning on spending and wait a little longet to get one.
I asked about her staying home with the baby and I do not think she has thought that far ahead yet. She just keeps saying "I cant believe I am going to be a mom"
I am in a position where I should be able to cover everything financially for us. It wont leave much left over but I am good with that. I would prefer her stay home over daycare.
We go to the doctor in a week and then will tell everyone after.

Congrats! Fatherhood is easily the greatest thing in my life, everything else is a distant second. I have two boys, ages five and four and my wife is pregnant with a girl due in December.

My wife is a stay-at-home mom and we homeschool our children. I'll echo what others have said, if you can swing it allow your wife to stay home with your children (if she wants to). Yes, you will have less money for toys but it's worth it, after you hold that baby in your arms all those material goods will seem a little inconsequential anyways.

Congratulations. Your life has been irrevocably altered. Welcome to the "call" that never ends. It's worth every minute of it. Add a good 529 plan to the mix.

Congratulations! My son is 37 - not sure where the years went but I would not change them for the world. All of a sudden, you'll have grandkids!!

Congrats!!

Absolutely stock up on everything you think you'll need. Spend as much time with you child as you possibly can. You don't want to miss out on anything! My three year old makes me want to pull my hair out at times but four simple words melt my heart..."I love you daddy"!!

And one other bit of advice, don't let him/her start sleeping with you. Once you do, it's over!! Our son had surgery when he was 2. My wife works midnights so I had him sleeping with me to keep an eye on him. Big mistake! It took forever to get him to fall asleep in his own room again.

You can read all the books and listen to all the advice, but nothing can really prepare you for what's to come. Enjoy the ride!

ccbccde3.jpg

Well guys. I am plugging away trying to get my house ready. The GF threw me a curveball and decided I should sell my house and move into her's. She lives in a rental house that is 1/3 the size of mine and has no parking much less room for any of my stuff. The plan from the get go was for me to redo my place and she move in with me. Once the baby was here and we were settled we could look for a new house. I am replacing wood panneling with drywall, refinishing all the hardwood floors and new carpet as well as a nearly entirely new kitchen. I just did it 5 years ago and have since replaced all the appliances so it is mostly new cabinets and counters and a sink now. I did not want to do the cabinets but she was so hung up on changing them I agreed to keep her happy.
After I get started on tearing up my house she tells me she just does not want to live there and not to bother doing all that work. WTF? I already did the demo work on 80% of it. Everyone told me it is the first trimester and she will be nuts but we are now in the second and there is no indication of here coming to reason. I am continuing with all the work as if that conversation never happened. I hope she will change her mind once she sees the place all finished.
I have to admit my stomach has been in knots for weeks now. I kept my cool and did not argue with her when she brought this up. I camly pointed out the reasons it was not feasable for me to move in with here as well as the financial reasons. Her rent is more than my mortgage.
She has been tired all the time and pretty much just goes to bed every night after work. I was kind of waiting untill she gets some energy back (second tri) before bringing it up again. We are in the second tri now however no chhange in her energy so I am wondering if any mental change. I have asked her to help me pic the cabinets out to see if she would show more interest and she said " Ok if you need me too" but did not seem enthusiastic about it. When she asked for them she was all fired up about changing them.
I am really looking forward to the kid I just hope I dont get an ulcer before it gets here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well guys. I am plugging away trying to get my house ready. The GF threw me a curveball and decided I should sell my house and move into her's. She lives in a rental house that is 1/3 the size of mine and has no parking much less room for any of my stuff. The plan from the get go was for me to redo my place and she move in with me. Once the baby was here and we were settled we could look for a new house. I am replacing wood panneling with drywall, refinishing all the hardwood floors and new carpet as well as a nearly entirely new kitchen. I just did it 5 years ago and have since replaced all the appliances so it is mostly new cabinets and counters and a sink now. I did not want to do the cabinets but she was so hung up on changing them I agreed to keep her happy.
After I get started on tearing up my house she tells me she just does not want to live there and not to bother doing all that work. WTF? I already did the demo work on 80% of it. Everyone told me it is the first trimester and she will be nuts but we are now in the second and there is no indication of here coming to reason. I am continuing with all the work as if that conversation never happened. I hope she will change her mind once she sees the place all finished.
I have to admit my stomach has been in knots for weeks now. I kept my cool and did not argue with her when she brought this up. I camly pointed out the reasons it was not feasable for me to move in with here as well as the financial reasons. Her rent is more than my mortgage.
She has been tired all the time and pretty much just goes to bed every night after work. I was kind of waiting untill she gets some energy back (second tri) before bringing it up again. We are in the second tri now however no chhange in her energy so I am wondering if any mental change. I have asked her to help me pic the cabinets out to see if she would show more interest and she said " Ok if you need me too" but did not seem enthusiastic about it. When she asked for them she was all fired up about changing them.
I am really looking forward to the kid I just hope I dont get an ulcer before it gets here </div></div>

7297_3688.gif

tumblr_lyn6tpj1xU1r74ov0o1_400.gif

Like someone said above, rest now.

We found out last week that our grand daughter is expecting.

Whatever happens, stay in it for the long run. A lot of young men find it too hard to raise children and stay married. If we make it to the second week of April my wife and I will have been married 43 years. And we double dated 3 years of high school. Before we were married, we never had a date alone. Get this. We were both virgins. 2 grown daughters and 3 grand children later, we haven't killed each other... yet.

Good luck.