• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing I am interested in an Elk hunt. Questions/

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I assume it may be too late to make it happen this year, but I am interested in an Elk hunt. Where is a good place to start researching to make sure we have a good trip? Are there states with good hunting, that tags can still be had, maybe through the outfitter?

Re: I am interested in an Elk hunt. Questions/

Id look for some outfitters in Colorado or Montana, the guy who manages my dads, hunting lease went out there to Montana and took the number 7 or 8 world record bull. You might check out this site, im not sure what a good going rate is so i cant say wether their prices are good or not.

http://www.elkhuntingoutfitters.com/html/elk_ranch_hunting.html

You are a bit late. look for someone with landowner permits (you will have to pay more)
Check the outfitters listed in the back of Bugle (The RMEF magazine).

When it comes to hunting you are never too late if you have enough money to throw at a guide. Toss enough cash their way and they will make it happen, even if they have to cancel another hunters hunt to get ya a tag, happens all the time.

Yeah that's just the kind of ethics I want in a guy who has my life in his hands. I guess what happens in Nevada SHOULD stay in Nevada.
I'm sure you can supply the names of outfitters who do this "all the time"? LOL!

You couldn't be more wrong. Hehe...
If a guy has his mind set on hunting and has the money to do it.
The outfitter will gladly take care of the special clients.

Happens every year in the states with landowner tags and a leasing outfitter for said property.

Matter of fact I know where there are some Cow Elk tags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah that's just the kind of ethics I want in a guy who has my life in his hands. I guess what happens in Nevada SHOULD stay in Nevada.
I'm sure you can supply the names of outfitters who do this "all the time"? LOL! </div></div>

Huh? Im sorry, I dont speak Cocksucker.

The guy didnt say he has done it, just reported a fact: it happens.

Maybe you should guide him, Bumble. Get him to within 18 paces.

He told me he actually hires a guide to take him hunting.
whoda thunk it. He "lives" in wyo., yet hires a guide to take him hunting...

The assholes have gathered around the Buffalo chip campfire once again. Hard to tell which smells worse. Another to join the "ignore" list and another thread to opt out of. AMF.

There used to be a guy in WY who guided on a golf course but he had to leave town one step ahead of the long arm of you know who.

As for our USMC NCO, at the risk of repeating myself. THE SCABBARD HAD FISHING RODS IN IT. You don't use a rifle to catch fish as Game & Fish frowns upon it.
(We are not in Nevada) An N&MCAM. That is impressive!

PMs are nice, allow you to communicate directily and avoid the posturing wannabes.

It's a shame that Im on ignore.
laugh.gif

I only can hope that we will still relish us in stories of his 3 flying Nam tours and the same tired ass 3 or 4 pictures with different stories each time.

Fucking tool.

Mr. Humble,

Just out of curiosity, how many bull elks have you killed?

When you and your other dickbrain buddy form TEX-ASS come for a visit, I'll be happy to show you my trophy room.

As with most score happy freakos, you confuse killing with hunting. The more important question is "How many bull Elk have you passed on because the shot wasn't good or the animal did not meet your standards?" That number has three digits. It'd kinda like catch & release instead of kill all you catch.

Go back to your leased deer patch with your tower blinds and truck mounted benchrests and leave hunting to those of us who treasure the experience.

BTW welcome to the ignore list.

Pretty uppity little fucker aint he?

IIRC Jeffbird hunts West Texas public lands - no feeders/stands allowed. I have to "IIRC" bc I dont know Jeff, other than some of the things Ive seen him post...so, no we arent teaming up on you or anything like that. His sounded like an honest question. (Those of us that have seen your bullshit for a while know not to listen to the answer.)

I hunt the ranch that I grew up on, and havent killed anything but doe since I cant remember when. I dont have a trophy room. Seems to me like the asshole that DOES have a trophy room might be the guy who has hunting confused for killing. Seems to me like killing something for the wall is asanine. And, killing something thats big enough for the wall, is gonna be gamey and not as good. Seems like youre just a bit confused on this one...

The only thing I confuse hunting for is meat, because that is the only reason I hunt.

You seem to be pretty quick to hit the ignore button...Im guessing, like most pathological liars, you dont like people to actually put any dents into that fragile little shell of bullshit that youve fabricated...

that little dickbrain just insulted one of the better ones here.

I'm sure anyone who has met jeffbird would say the same.

Not to mention he's a hunter but also a strong advocate of conservation and does a shit load of work for conservations groups for the betterment of wildlife and its habitat.

A true testament of just how ignorant the fucking cocksucker is.

+1 bro...

Jeff is a cool cat & one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. For someone to think that Jeff is a trophy hunter know not what he speaks of.

'Course that's just par for the course ain't it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be happy to show you my trophy room</div></div>

How about I come take a look?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more important question is "How many bull Elk have you passed on because the shot wasn't good or the animal did not meet your standards?" That number has three digits.</div></div>

Your outfitter bills must be astronomical. At least 100 guided hunts? Wow.....

FYI, dickbrains, with the exception of the OP, you are all on ignore, so stop wearing out your willie wacking digits typing me...okay?

Wow! Ask a simple question and you go off the edge - and without answering the question. I did not ask how big, although you keep showing us that same photo with the musket in it, and the same other few photos followed up with LOTS of BS quality info thrown in.

fwiw - You do not know me, or understand basic management principles if you think I'm "score happy." I focus on mature deer, and population numbers, not necessarily the biggest. I am proud to be able to take a big mature deer, but equally enjoy helping cull deer where I hunt. Would I like to take a huge wallhanger? If it is mature and time for it, yes. But to me, the score is not the end goal, but it can be a good indicator of the quality of how well a property is managing its habitat for wildlife - and managing its hunters.

Among other places, yes, I do hunt on a ranch for which I do pay for access as is the norm for most areas within driving distance of where I live, but I also help with the culling at the end of the season. I also go there to survey the bird populations, which are otherwise beyond the reach of normal survey access. I take home many, and eat deer meat in some form almost every day of the year. I've taken 20 over the last two years. A couple of real nice mature ones, and all were for management purposes within an overall management plan. Before you twist up into a knot, the properties have management permits, so the permit not license tags control the number to be taken - it is a management issue.

Also, I do hunt on public lands, not for score, but for habitat management. Maybe you'll also find it interesting that this year, my wife and I will also hunt on a bird sanctuary helping cull deer there to improve the habitat for an endangered songbird. The "bird" in my handle is not my name, but from my passion for bird conservation, which is what brought me back to hunting and shooting a few years ago. Hunting is a very important habitat management tool, and my primary motivation for hunting, although I do enjoy the deer meat.

There are many more reasons to hunt than you read in your ancient tales of African safaris and the hunting rags to which you so often refer (rather than your first hand experience), and the purpose often determines the tool to be used. So yes, I do use a 308 with 175 SMK's or a 7wsm with match bullets to hunt. I pick my shots carefully and try to drop them where they stand. And yes, depending on the when, where, and why, bait is used so that the deer can be analyzed for age, health, and so that a controlled shot can be taken after time for observation, rather than charging into their bedding areas and shooting them in the ass as they run off as you indicate you do.

Just as a bit of trivia to dispel your misguided impressions, I have a wildlife sanctuary named after me for my conservation work.

Nothing like serving up a large piece of "humble pie" how ironic. Quite the "humbling" post.

Well said Jeff. Kudos to you and all your efforts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be happy to show you my trophy room..</div></div>
LMFAO... From the pics you hang on here of your "Trophy" animals I would imagine a coat closet would suffice...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As with most score happy freakos, you confuse killing with hunting. The more important question is "How many bull Elk have you passed on because the shot wasn't good or the animal did not meet your standards?" That number has three digits. It'd kinda like catch & release instead of kill all you catch.</div></div>
Should have used this strategy on the goats you hang pics of... At least wipe the milk off their chin before the photos were taken...

Curious as to why a Non "score happy freako" would have a need for a trophy room... I would love to see the Non Punched tag display...

Jeffbird.... From one of his previous posts he has counted coup on 2 Bull Elk... Very impressive...

Very little first hand experience but he can read like a mother fucker...

ETA... Hydro I sent you a PM for info on an Elk Hunt... This way I am not posting off topic and <span style="color: #33CC00">JasonK</span> don't kick me in my cunt again...
grin.gif

Fuck guys, this should be a pleasant topic. Everyone chill. There is plenty of good info here. No need to always turn into a pissing contest. This is why I like to be in the woods. And cant wait to get out west. Have only seen it from the seat of a truck while driving through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very little first hand experience but he can read like a mother fucker... </div></div>

HAHAHA!!!! That lack sure doesnt stop him from posting, though. Such a shame.

Hydro, PM EHG, he'll get you squared away - unlike the 18 paced pussy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more important question is "How many bull Elk have you passed on because the shot wasn't good or the animal did not meet your standards?" That number has three digits. </div></div>
From some of your earlier shared knowledge and experience: ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would I take a Texas heart shot? Question is obviously written by someone who has never hunted deer or elk in thick places. BUT just for grins. here's the setting. You're on a sneak through the black timber shadowing a 7X7 you saw at first light heading into his bedding area. You jump him out of a deadfall and he's heading straight away. Up comes your Merkel SR 9.3x62 stoked with 250 gr TSXs and carrying a 1.2-4 Trijicon with the big amber post. You have three shots quick available and #1 goes in under the asshole, through 30 pounds of full paunch, takes out all the heart plumbing and exits through the neck. He makes two more bounds and piles up. That's why... I like to eat Elk not talk about the 500 yard shots or the ones "I seen through my Swaro spotting scope"

Also did it many times on Whitetail with an 1100 12 bore and deer slugs when I lived back east.

Dead is dead, it really doesn't matter how the bullet gets into the heart & lungs.

The Merkel in question:

Satellite.jpg

</div></div>

Jeffboid, it was not an actual experience..... can't you read?
it was a hypothetical, oops too big a word.... that means it was a possible scenario, damn another word not found in comic books.
Let us try KISS.... IF repeat IF, presented with the opportunity to shoot an Elk up the ass AND the rifle and cartridge and bullet were up to the task, I would take the shot. I have not and did not, is that clear? perhaps a picture would help you comprehend the idea of a "what if" rather than a "what is".
Hope this helps you comprehend a theoretical versus an actual event. Damn...more words probably not taught in TEXASS.
Feel free to ask if you need more help with 8th grade English.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeffboid, it was not an actual experience..... can't you read?
it was a hypothetical, oops too big a word.... that means it was a possible scenario, damn another word not found in comic books.
Let us try KISS.... IF repeat IF, presented with the opportunity to shoot an Elk up the ass AND the rifle and cartridge and bullet were up to the task, I would take the shot. I have not and did not, is that clear? perhaps a picture would help you comprehend the idea of a "what if" rather than a "what is".
Hope this helps you comprehend a theoretical versus an actual event. Damn...more words probably not taught in TEXASS.

Feel free to ask if you need more help with 8th grade English. </div></div>

You need to stand down you worthless Old Mother Fucker... If you can't add anything from experience then
YOU should keep your cock holster shut...

You blast this site constantly with your babbling bullshit of what you read somewhere... Nobody gives a
fuck what you read in the fucking hunting rags...

"What if" you actually posted from your experience... Rather than "what is" purely second hand accounts
that have been read or heard of somewhere...

Jeffbird has accomplished more for hunting in his State of Texas than you will ever fathom...

What have you accomplished for the "Hunting Industry"... Not a fucking thing...

What do you ever offer here... Antiquated information and nothing more...

Your time is limited here as well I am sure... Just like all the other sites that you so "Humbly" got kicked off of...

You are no more than a fucking "Tool"... Plain and Simple...

Hows that for KISS...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeffboid, it was not an actual experience..... can't you read?
Feel free to ask if you need more help with 8th grade English. </div></div>

STFU-Bitch_do_you.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was a hypothetical, oops too big a word</div></div>

Hypothetically you serve some useful purpose....what that IS....hrmmmmmmm.....
wink.gif

Were the TX Heart shots that you admitted to taking back East "hypothetical" too?

Two more for the ignore list.
That makes 10 out of 27,972 members.
BTW why do you guys all have the same strange photos in your profiles?

Lets say for shits and giggles you post pics of your trophies guided or not and everybody post else theirs. I have personally been through the volumes of albums of EHG's in person so i guess you can add me to your ignore list as well cause fucker your way out of your league. That being said

Hydro give EHG a call and plan a hunt with him. Just make sure to get ready for the death walk! He is a great guide and wonderful guy who has more experience than most..here or otherwise.And if any fucker spews shit about him baiting anything I call BS cause if I shot mine over bait that was the longest fucking walk to a bait pile I have ever experienced in my life.

Now my experience is limited to one hunt for Elk with one kill so I can't give you stories and stories but since the reintroduction and only 20 tags given statewide to the 67,000 applications to instate hunters my sage advice is limited to whitetails, turkey and ducks unless clicking a camera but I would vouch for a hunt with EHG in a heartbeat.

He isn't ignoring anyone.
He continually posts to the people he's ignoring.
I've been getting PM's continually since I've been on his ignore list.

To the poster.

Shout at EHG
Ridgerunner on here also has land owner tags for Elk in CO and NM available.

Sorry to get off topic, lol. But Arizona has some excellent elk hunting, but it is too late for this year. Actually doesnt Colorado have an over the counter tag for some elk hunts? I may be dreaming of hearing that, but now I need to look it up so I'm not spreading rumors. Ok back to your regular posts.....lol

express uu bar ranch. first class all the way. tags are garanteed if you book a hunt and are included in the price. And, more than likely you're gonna shoot an elk.

AZ also has over the counter elk tags availible for this year. But elk numbers are very limited, and areas are vey difficult to hunt. I live in probably the most populated of these regions, and the elk seem very aware of the property lines of those who do not allow hunting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AZ also has over the counter elk tags availible for this year. But elk numbers are very limited, and areas are vey difficult to hunt. I live in probably the most populated of these regions, and the elk seem very aware of the property lines of those who do not allow hunting! </div></div>

Oh so true....I just came back from 10 days on the rim close to knoll lake, I saw loads of elk and even a few nice bulls. Infact I took my kayak to the south end of the lake where I camped solo for a few days and had to move my tent between boulders and keep a large fire going all night for the simple fact the elk were trying to get into my tent! I heard a comotion at approx 2230 and looked out my tent door to see approx 30-40 elk and calves feeding within 15ft of me! they stayed most of the night and after moving my tent they actually bedded down fairly close. It was awesome experience I'll say that. How familiar are you with the FR300?

which season are you wanting to hunt? Archery, Muzzleloader, or Rifle?

We can get OTC tags for each of these in the Unlimited areas. We have a couple of these Unlimited areas close to our hunting lease.

Oregon has over the counter tags for elk in the cascades as far as I know. some pretty nice bulls come from public ground but you really need to scout. You might look into it. Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two more for the ignore list.
That makes 10 out of 27,972 members.
BTW why do you guys all have the same strange photos in your profiles? </div></div>

Please add all 27972 members here to your ignore list because NO ONE here cares. I also know jeff and have shot with him before but never hunted with him but he is +1 on my list and I hope your ignorant ass puts me on ignore!!! Listen fag boy GO away... Log on to arfcom and have fun... Try mr.humbleshomohunters.org or something but fuck off. ! rant off and I hope mr humphimself goes away........

NOmag

Hydro,WA state sells OTC tags as well,but asSuperXJeff on OR says,you would need to do a lot of scouting.Downfall is that the best GMU's are by drawing only.I've only hunted Elk a couple of times on the Wetside,so don't know the situation there,I've heard the Peninsula is pretty good also.