• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am over SHOT SHOW

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I am so over SHOT SHOW, I have been going every year since 2000 and it's done in my eyes. Yes, I can go next week and have as many meetings with people as I am comfortable attending. The networking is valid, but the show as it stands today is a complete waste of time in its present form.

Back in the day, like before the Internet, you needed SHOT to connect with dealers from around the country. It was one stop to see, meet, and secure orders for the coming year. Now, none of that happens, for a while, it was used to "release" new products, but hell the public is not even present.

I got a room at the Venetian, gonna drop it, I am over it. Never got the plane ticket but those are easy.

So, if you are going to SHOT, and you planned on tracking me down, I am gonna be here. So have them reach out to me here.

We are getting ready for the final adjustments before the App drops soon. I have a meeting next week to talk LiveStream Channels, right now I have 4, we can have 10. Another thing is, we have to move hosting and servers. I have to change servers and software in a big way to get over the final hurdle. So we are brainstorming that move next week.

No Shot for me, if you need me, find me here

Good call LL
    If you think SHOT is bad, try CES. Total clusterfuck but spread all over Vegas, to the extent that it's almost physically impossible to see the whole show.
    Like most trade shows, this one needs to die.
    PS- Your liver and lungs thank you

Last edited:
    Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
    I am so over SHOT SHOW, I have been going every year since 2000 and it's done in my eyes. Yes, I can go next week and have as many meetings with people as I am comfortable attending. The networking is valid, but the show as it stands today is a complete waste of time in its present form.

Back in the day, like before the Internet, you needed SHOT to connect with dealers from around the country. It was one stop to see, meet, and secure orders for the coming year. Now, none of that happens, for a while, it was used to "release" new products, but hell the public is not even present.

I got a room at the Venetian, gonna drop it, I am over it. Never got the plane ticket but those are easy.

So, if you are going to SHOT, and you planned on tracking me down, I am gonna be here. So have them reach out to me here.

We are getting ready for the final adjustments before the App drops soon. I have a meeting next week to talk LiveStream Channels, right now I have 4, we can have 10. Another thing is, we have to move hosting and servers. I have to change servers and software in a big way to get over the final hurdle. So we are brainstorming that move next week.

No Shot for me, if you need me, find me here
    What happened to those of us that signed up to test the app. Haven’t heard anything since

I don’t blame ya one bit frank. I’d love to go to SHOT. Once. Like a bucket list thing just to say I’ve done it. But I don’t think I would want to right now. Maybe a few years ago. Maybe in a few years. But not right now. I agree with what you are saying about it going down hill. And I think the covid thing just made it worse. Hope they find and implement a good solution to make it something people look forward to again.

Reactions: CSTactical
    Was able to attend SHOT one time. Honestly it was a highlight. Very cool.
    Having said that PRE is the ultimate “show” for the public. Wife and I had an absolute blast. Will be back.

Having said that PRE is the ultimate “show” for the public. Wife and I had an absolute blast. Will be back.

After reading about PRE this last year my Wife and I decided to skip Shot and make plans to attend this years PRE. Shot was fun, but not that much fun and PRE sounds like a better event.

Reactions: RS14 and mrtoyz
    RE: The App,

We are currently moving servers and building a new box, we had a few hiccups with the current set up, so we have to change the system behind the scenes

So I am moving the servers to help with the App needs, as the software needs a complete makeover

We found with the Beta guys some deep changes that needed to take effect in order to get the system working correctly 100%

Went a few years ago, never again. Goes something like this;

Big Time Manufacturer: “Look at this awesome new gun we just brought to market!”

Me: “That is awesome, you’ll sell a ton of those, can’t wait!”

2 Years later

Me: “Hey, where’s that awesome new gun?”

2 Years later

Big Time manufacturer: “Oh, it’s coming . . . any day now”

Me: ”Fuck You!”

Having a commercial account here on Sniper's Hide is best form of advertising I've ever invested in by far. The Hide, getting involved with matches and referrals is how I've connect with 90% of my customers. The remaining 10% just find me on the internet. I went to some shows years ago and it never lead to much, mostly a waste of time.

I knew people who attended just to get stickers, free hats, and armadillo bottle openers...they didn’t even work in the industry(behind a counter even) just had a buddy with an FFL and zero intentions to spend a dime, but be damn sure they wasted an hour of the Reps time at every booth.

Seemed like a lot of cost just to say you went and make it harder for folks trying to do business to talk to those with money to spend.

Frank if I was vertically challenged like you, I'd also get sick of staring at 10,000 middle aged men's asses all day, everyday for a week
    You’d think he would be used to it by now...

I used to have a cousin that was a dwarf, I asked him if the whole world smelled like farts, he laughed and walked off. I put a check in the yes column.

I went once, had my credentials way ahead so I din't have to stand in long lines looking like I didn't know what a computer was. I had marked out every booth I wanted to see on the floorplan and hit them all. Highlight was speaking to Donald Trump Jr. Still is cool. Nice personable guy. Main reason was to fondle the new at the time ARC Nucleus action. Met Ted & crew, ordered at the show and have ordered several times since. I consider that alone as worthwhile, BUT I've declined to go since. I'm not really a fan of Vegas or shows. Did shows for too many years and get migraines just thinking about having to do another one.

Painting the garage making my Live Stream Studio for when the App drops

Anyway for us, YES !!!

The Precision Rifle Expo is the future of trade shows if you ask me. I think having a weekend (which is plenty of time) to coordinate the best precision rifle companies in one place, letting the public go hands-on in a live-fire situation is a double win.

We can do SHOT Virtually, and get more done that way, but to really highlight a product or company you want public participation.

The Expo will have growing pains but I think it is a better use of time and money

You’d think he would be used to it by now...

I used to have a cousin that was a dwarf, I asked him if the whole world smelled like farts, he laughed and walked off. I put a check in the yes column.
    Used to?

No blood, his dad married in....isn’t married in anymore.

Why would I say my cousins husbands son or cousins step son. It’s easier to just say cousin, the rest of it doesn’t matter for the story.

No blood, his dad married in....isn’t married in anymore.

Why would I say my cousins husbands son or cousins step son. It’s easier to just say cousin, the rest of it doesn’t matter for the story.
    So he’s still alive.

Reactions: SniperBro
    RE: The App,

We are currently moving servers and building a new box, we had a few hiccups with the current set up, so we have to change the system behind the scenes

So I am moving the servers to help with the App needs, as the software needs a complete makeover

We found with the Beta guys some deep changes that needed to take effect in order to get the system working correctly 100%
    Will the guys that signed up for beta last year still be getting early access to help test or are you releasing it to everyone now?

Reactions: godofthunder
    Krieger Tactics, Do I need to look someone up ?

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

Krieger Tactics, Do I need to look someone up ?

Well some airsoft trainer is posting long things here & elsewhere about their "improved training"
    7 yard zero because at 100 yards you can't see where it hit on the backboard...

Reactions: viking78
    So what I’m hearing is secondary meet up(meat up?) at LL house.

LOL! Only on the Hide... <chuckle>

As to SHOT, yeah, it needs to die now. Technology and communications have surpassed the need for that large of a convention/tradeshow. Besides, if you've ever actually worked it (not as a spectator), it really sucks. Even in the Convention Center it was a chore (and f'ing cold if you were near the doors), but when it moved to the Sands CC, with three floors and God knows how many alcoves and nooks and crannies, it just got ridiculous. LE area, Military area, Sporting area, survivalist area; there's just too many enclaves now. Too many niches.

Things like PRE are more right sized these days, and with instagram, FB, Twitter, etc., it's much easier to entice, prime and educate users BEFORE they show up, so that when they do, good product questions and answers can be more efficiently delivered/debated. It's the focused type of environment that makes the community GROW through cross pollination and exchange of ideas.

SHOT has just become an excuse for many to go to Vegas, get drunk, and write it off as a business expense. It really doesn't serve the industry, or community as whole, very well anymore. Well, unless you're the ATF, looking to bust a group of people (for those of you who were at SHOT that year)...

JMTCW...

Vegas was fun in the late 1970s.
    Less fun every time since.

Got to the point the only fun was all the restaurants.

Times they are a changin' - never to return. The whole "work-a-day" Normals are not Normal anymore. It's a different world for entrepreneurs and those making their living via non traditional means so we gotta make new rules and Ways/Means.

We are Pioneers. Good on ya, LL.

VooDoo

I thought about it and the only thing I wanted to see at SHOT is the trijicon Ventus. So if anyone has any info on whether this thing is actually coming to market let me know.

Reactions: superde
    Been once myself, in Orlando. Back in 2007. I was blown away. Totally cool. But, it seems it has taken a turn to appease the masses (LARP??) and I think has grown too big for itself. Just my observation from what I've "seen" online.

Was at a local gun shop ordering some parts.

The owner and staff were all excited about shutting down the shop and going to the shot show.

When I was younger I worked industry trade shows. Very excited at first then I learned the important points from vetrans.

Hangover food for breakfast, something fast for lunch that won't give you indigestion and for the highlight of the day a spectacular supper and drinks.

The rest is just work, and at this time of year shity travel conditions made worse by covid panicked Deuch bags.

Reactions: gigamortis
    One of my fondest memories of Shot was in 2014 or 2017, cant remember... Massive marshmallow fight with all the strippers at the Crye party after the snow mobile race. Absolutely hammered drunk, launching semi frozen Snow Drop coconut covered chocolate domes at people from across the factory. Teaming up with some random Euro seal dudes and a couple of PJ's, slaying dragons from a behind the hay bales.

Waking up feeling like death the next afternoon, then contracting Mongolian swine AIDS from being 5 centimeters from 340,643 people for a week.

Driving through Bryce Canyon in Utah to go snow shoeing with the MSR dudes at the Outdoor Expo a few days later... Good times, I love the USA.

But yes, I agree man... Precision Rifle Expo seems a lot more doable, looking forward to flying up for that hopefully this year.