• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

60karg.jpg

My call sign is Krieger. I am a former Special Forces Soldier (7th Special Forces Group, Ft. Bragg, NC), former security contractor (Baghdad, Iraq), and current Unconventional Asset Recovery Agent.

I have been fortunate enough to have attended multiple long range precision marksmanship courses and to have deployed numerous times as both a military sniper and as a Designated Defensive Marksman.

This past week I had the opportunity to work with two individuals who had rifles long range precision rifles that they wanted to zero.

Before we went to the range we discussed some of the concepts and aspects that affect long range precision marksmanship.

Some of those concepts and aspects are:

Range, Wind speed, Wind direction, Barometric pressure, Humidity, Temperature, Altitude, Shooter to target altitude deviation, Location of the sun, Bullet weight and construction, Measurement of MILs and MOA, Converting MIL to MOA (and vice versa), Affects and importance of cold barrel registration, Affects and importance of clean cold barrel registration, the zeroing process, and slipping of rings, etc.

We then went to the range.

7-YARD LINE
My zeroing method may be a little unconventional when compared to the methods used by some, especially with regards to utilizing a long range precision marksmanship rifle, but I think that it is very efficient and effective. That is why I am sharing it in this forum.

Whether I am shooting a pistol, AR style rifle, or even a "long-gun" as some in the tactical world refer to long range precision rifles, I have the exact same first few rounds process.

No matter what weapon system I'm utilizing I start at the 7 yard line and it is from this distance that I fire the first round.

I utilize this approach due to my personal experience and the experience of others that if the deviation of your sighting system is great enough, and the range at which you fire your first few rounds is far enough...

You will not hit the target, nor even the backer at all, and you will not have an initial reference impact from which you are able to make adjustments.

Some may say that’s not possible. It is. It's happened in my presence. In fact this is exactly what had occurred with the first of the two shooters some months ago. He purchased a new rifle, put a scope on it, went to the range and fired it at 100 yards and completely missed the target and backer. Neither he, nor those he was with were ever able to see his hits on the target because he completely missed. When he explained what he had experienced to me I had a very good idea what happened. I explained it to him. I don't think he didn’t quite believe me.

From the 7-yard line, I verified that the scope was placed on the rifle appropriately, and from a kneeling position at I fired one single shot. From 7 yards the shot was extremely low and far to the right. At 100 yards it would have been far enough off of center that it would not have impacted the target backer. We would not therefore, have been able to know from what point to begin making corrections. The shooter was able to see that if this same rifle had been fired from the 100-yard line that the likelihood of missing the target backer completely was very high.

I made a few elevation and windage adjustments, fired and then hit center mass.

Now that the shooter could see that the rifle did have the capability to hit center mass (albeit at 7 yards) he had a new-found confidence in his rifle and scope. I passed the rifle off to the shooter, who then fired it from supported prone and hit off center (high and to the left). We then made adjustments to get him on center and then moved to the 50 yard line, where we repeated the process and then the 100 yard line. At the 100 yard line the shooter was able to group less than 1 MOA and just slightly left of center. This left deviation is attributable to a certain few (correctable) aspects. I’ll address those later.

TAKE AWAY
For now, I’ll share this take-away from my initial shooting (zeroing) process. You can always start the zeroing process at 25, 50 or even the 100-yard line. You will most likely do fine. I would just note that I’ve seen the best of shooters miss during the zeroing process at each of those yard lines. I always start at 7 yards. I’ve never missed an entire backer at the 7 yard line and I always know exactly and immediately where I’ve hit. This process saves me (and those who are with me) both time and rounds utilized.

UPCOMING POSTS
Krieger_tactics: Long Range Marksmanship - Part 2
Krieger_tactics: Long Range Marksmanship - Part 3

-Krieger

Pictured below: Sniper Data Book
This is fucking beautiful! 🤣👏

It seems the OP is busy spamming this same "Information" (if it can be charitably described as that), across multiple firearms forums:

To wit:

Who knows, this "information source" might stick around long enough for us to really have fun this weekend...

Hi,

I run a 458 Lott for sub 400m precision "target" nullification procedures. I use Barnes solids, 500gr@ 2336 fps (chrono). My question is can you kindly provide any ballistic solutions for 3" thick window pane at different angle offsets? No one here has been able to answer my questions.

Sincerely,

DuneBoer

To wit:

Who knows, this "information source" might stick around long enough for us to really have fun this weekend...
Nice find :þ
And yes, one can hope...heh

I'll tell you a secret in which you can zero a rifle in ~3-4 shots if you don't fuck it up.

Pull the bolt, look down the barrel and line the rifle up so the target at the 100 yard line is centered in the bore. While keeping rifle steady and on target, adjust scope so that reticle is centered on target.

This will get you on paper first shot. Adjust per your reticle on the next ~1-3 shots to get the rifle zeroed.

So simple, that a brand new shooter with a brand new rifle got zeroed in 4 shots a couple of weeks ago. No special ops training required.
That’s how I do it👍

Reactions: Ravenworks
You were a security contractor on Baghdad, Iraq!?

Like, wow. That's my dream job! What company did you work for? What section did you work for?

RSO?
OSCI?
ORA?
DoS?
DoD?
DTRA?
TC?
SOC?
CHS?

Did you normally work in Annex 1 or Annex 2?

Do tell! I'm genuinely curious because that career path is soooooo interesting to me!

You're so operator.
FOS, Annex 13.

The bottomest floor of the bunker.

They’re so black ops they don’t even turn the lights on.

I guess no one uses splatter targets :)

Not all of us Poors have our own private range.
Bringing a rifle to some ranges that has not been boresighted and shooting @ 7 yards could get you banned (depending on the berm).
If you can't tell where a 100 yard shot went. STOP.
A center hit (center mass??) at 7 yards kneeling and a center hit prone on the same target have big differences in down range trajectory.
I think some SAFETY WARNINGS about trying to CENTER up @ 7 yards (maybe include something about sight height and height of the target) before letting some fool shoot a real gun would be appropriate in a first instructional post.
Remember, some rookie like me might go out and try this and you won't be there to help.

OP should go back and detail his zero technique with some safety notes, technical details, and calculations.
A good 7 yard zero with my 22N scoped AR, muzzle to target elevation of about 1/2 degree would be an OK zero starting point for 1000yards :)

Last edited:
@Krieger_Tactics i would respectfully request the next 2 parts. Please ignore other comments. I will also be following your account.

Good morning 65x55guy,

I appreciate your encouragement. I will post the next 2 parts. They are not nearly as controversial as part 1 has been.

I actually appreciate the negative comments. It shows several things:

1. The forum members are smart and will not be swayed by TTPs that don't pass muster.
2. The forum members are passionate - which I appreciate because I am a passionate person as well.
3. The forum members are a tight nit group... a family if you will. I can appreciate that because I am a family man as well. Family sticks up for family.

Again, thank you for your kind comments. Parts 2 and 3 will be here soon.

Respectfully

Krieger

Why the red text Instructor Kreiger? You got something against red/green colorblind people or something?

Oh man.
Sorry I hadn't posted earlier. I went to bed early last night. Since I retired, they won't let me stay up late most nights.

A fellow operator! Fuckin A!
My call sign was "TurdCracka"....unfortunately thats all I can tell you. Things got really hot with my job too.

Awesome tutorial. Thats some cutting edge shit right there.
Don't let these assholes doscourage you. They only wish they was operators like me and you.

My call sign is Krieger. I am a former Special Forces Soldier (7th Special Forces Group, Ft. Bragg, NC), former security contractor (Baghdad, Iraq), and current Unconventional Asset Recovery Agent.

I have been fortunate enough to have attended multiple long range precision marksmanship courses and to have deployed numerous times as both a military sniper and as a Designated Defensive Marksman.

This past week I had the opportunity to work with two individuals who had rifles long range precision rifles that they wanted to zero.

Before we went to the range we discussed some of the concepts and aspects that affect long range precision marksmanship.

Some of those concepts and aspects are:

Range, Wind speed, Wind direction, Barometric pressure, Humidity, Temperature, Altitude, Shooter to target altitude deviation, Location of the sun, Bullet weight and construction, Measurement of MILs and MOA, Converting MIL to MOA (and vice versa), Affects and importance of cold barrel registration, Affects and importance of clean cold barrel registration, the zeroing process, and slipping of rings, etc.

We then went to the range.

7-YARD LINE
My zeroing method may be a little unconventional when compared to the methods used by some, especially with regards to utilizing a long range precision marksmanship rifle, but I think that it is very efficient and effective. That is why I am sharing it in this forum.

Whether I am shooting a pistol, AR style rifle, or even a "long-gun" as some in the tactical world refer to long range precision rifles, I have the exact same first few rounds process.

No matter what weapon system I'm utilizing I start at the 7 yard line and it is from this distance that I fire the first round.

I utilize this approach due to my personal experience and the experience of others that if the deviation of your sighting system is great enough, and the range at which you fire your first few rounds is far enough...

You will not hit the target, nor even the backer at all, and you will not have an initial reference impact from which you are able to make adjustments.

Some may say that’s not possible. It is. It's happened in my presence. In fact this is exactly what had occurred with the first of the two shooters some months ago. He purchased a new rifle, put a scope on it, went to the range and fired it at 100 yards and completely missed the target and backer. Neither he, nor those he was with were ever able to see his hits on the target because he completely missed. When he explained what he had experienced to me I had a very good idea what happened. I explained it to him. I don't think he didn’t quite believe me.

From the 7-yard line, I verified that the scope was placed on the rifle appropriately, and from a kneeling position at I fired one single shot. From 7 yards the shot was extremely low and far to the right. At 100 yards it would have been far enough off of center that it would not have impacted the target backer. We would not therefore, have been able to know from what point to begin making corrections. The shooter was able to see that if this same rifle had been fired from the 100-yard line that the likelihood of missing the target backer completely was very high.

I made a few elevation and windage adjustments, fired and then hit center mass.

Now that the shooter could see that the rifle did have the capability to hit center mass (albeit at 7 yards) he had a new-found confidence in his rifle and scope. I passed the rifle off to the shooter, who then fired it from supported prone and hit off center (high and to the left). We then made adjustments to get him on center and then moved to the 50 yard line, where we repeated the process and then the 100 yard line. At the 100 yard line the shooter was able to group less than 1 MOA and just slightly left of center. This left deviation is attributable to a certain few (correctable) aspects. I’ll address those later.

TAKE AWAY
For now, I’ll share this take-away from my initial shooting (zeroing) process. You can always start the zeroing process at 25, 50 or even the 100-yard line. You will most likely do fine. I would just note that I’ve seen the best of shooters miss during the zeroing process at each of those yard lines. I always start at 7 yards. I’ve never missed an entire backer at the 7 yard line and I always know exactly and immediately where I’ve hit. This process saves me (and those who are with me) both time and rounds utilized.

UPCOMING POSTS
Krieger_tactics: Long Range Marksmanship - Part 2
Krieger_tactics: Long Range Marksmanship - Part 3

-Krieger

Pictured below: Sniper Data Book
Laughing 01.gif

Why do all the pistol courses on the website utilize airsoft guns? But with an instructor list like that, and ammo provided... tempting.

Why do all the pistol courses on the website utilize airsoft guns? But with an instructor list like that, and ammo provided... tempting.

I am assuming that you reviewed our website. Based on this assumption, I will provide the reasons that we utilize airsoft.

1. In order to provide training with a real handgun (at least in the state of Texas) you have to be licensed. Becoming a licensed firearms instructor is not the easiest thing to do. This state requirement can be circumvented by using airsoft guns.
2. Some training schools utilize Simunitions in order to provide real-time feedback in a safe environment. I have done this in the past. However, the use of Simunitions requires that you take a class which costs, you have to have insurance which is exhorbitant (IF any companies will insure your training company). These costs add up making classes not necessarily as profitable as is necessary to continue to run courses. The utilization of airsoft allows a very close result as with simunitions, or UTM, with a miniscule fraction of the cost.
3. The use of airsoft provides the student with right now, real-time feedback as to whether a TTP works or not. It's easy to say things like, "My last instructor told me to stand in the open and lay down suppressive fire no matter what." When students do this and then are engaged with airsoft (simunitions and or UTM), they learn, on their own, from the discomfort of the impacts of the training rounds, that the TTP that they're employing does not work.

The same can be said for testing and finding that one's TTP does work.

The Take Away here is that airsoft and like training munitions allow for a safer training environment where you can test your personal or team TTPs/SOPs in a safe environment.

-Krieger

Hello TheOfficeT-Rex,

I forgot to address a point from your query... Again, I'm assuming that you reviewed our website, and the point being that at times we provide ammunition for our courses. The reason that we do this is that (live ball) ammunition has been difficult for students to acquire. Fortunately that has not been the case for us. Since we have an abundance of ammunition, we would rather take a bit of a loss in profit and provide training for the populace as opposed to not being able to provide training.

That... and we just really like training people! :)

-Krieger

Good morning Steel head,

I appreciate your memes and what appears to be your skepticism. These memes provide a Segway for me to be able to interact with both you and the forum populace. I am truly grateful.

Hopefully, as I continue to post I might be able to allay some reservations regarding my posts and provide some worthwhile information.

Thank you

Krieger

Hi,

I run a 458 Lott for sub 400m precision "target" nullification procedures. I use Barnes solids, 500gr@ 2336 fps (chrono). My question is can you kindly provide any ballistic solutions for 3" thick window pane at different angle offsets? No one here has been able to answer my questions.

Sincerely,

DuneBoer

Good morning DuneBoer,

I must admit that I am unable to provide any information regarding your question. I wish I could. There are some very intelligent persons on this forum. I am sure that someone will be able to provide you with the information that you are looking for.

Before I close, if I might ask, what is your skill level and what is the tactical application that you face that leads to your question?

Thank you,

Krieger

I'm a highly ranked and decorated COD player. Can I apply for any open and available instructor roles you may have? This will help pad my resume.