• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I believe ANTIA'S underlying assumption is wrong

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
Antifa, BLM and the anarchistic rioters are howling about the "secret police", "unidentified law enforcement arresting people" arresting/snatching/kidnapping people off the streets. They are complaining that unmarked cars are used, uniforms are not clearly marked etc. Even mayors of cities like Portland, and Washington DC say the practice is "unacceptable".

The photos and videos I have seen are deliberately cropped so that shoulder patches are difficult to see, then the claim is made that the people doing the arrests/snatches have no identifying markings. When the full videos are shown, there are agency shoulder patches, and identifying officer numbers on the front of the uniform. So I don't agree that there are no identifying badges on the uniforms.

However, even if there is no clearly marked agency badging on the uniform, I don't agree with the underlying assumption that Federal law enforcement agencies are REQUIRED by law to have clearly visible identifying marking or badges on their uniforms. I have been unable to find any law, ruling, statute, or court decision requiring the agents of the federal government to wear/display the kind of badging that the mayors and/or Antifa/BLM/anarchists seem to want.

I note that the mayor of Washington DC has said it is "unacceptable" yet they has been unable or unwilling to show any law, statute, or court decision showing that there is any requirement for this kind of badging/identification. FBI agents wear plain clothes, drive unmarked vehicles, and have been making arrests this way for decades.

So, in response to threads wherein people complain about lack of agency identification, I am going to start saying things like "so what, show me a law or statute requiring the kind of badging/identifcation you want". Just because thy don't like it, doesn't make it illegal.

I think most people just haven't challenged the idea that identifying badging is required, and have bought into the narrative that clearly marked badging on uniforms or clothing is required.

They are DHS security protecting Fed property.

Its all bullshit.

assuming they are 100% unmarked.....no badges....no ID...no nothing......

who says they are legitimate LEO?......maybe the protesters should call the police they want to defund and have them investigate these as kidnappings.

you want a world without police....dont be surprised when people take advantage of that and start kidnapping you off the street mexican cartel style.