• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I bit the bullet and here's what came home :)

ArcticFun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
Well I was sitting down at the local gun shop and bullshitting with the owner and we got into long range precision rifles... He started going on and on about this rifle he had built to sell in the shop and how it just got in and he didn't even know what to chrage for it. So I asked to take a peek, just a peek mind you. What I found was this:

Remington 700 LH action, blueprinted chambered for .308 Winchester
1 in 10" twist, Obberimer 24" match grade barrel with a 11 degree crown
McMillian M40A1 stock, pillar bedded
3lbs tuned trigger
Badger 2 piece 20 MOA base with Badger rings
Leupol Mark 4 tactical M3 with BDC turrets
Fitted Storm case
Turner Saddley NM sling

2nhdk4o.jpg

21kkmec.jpg

ezohfo.jpg

2zdxerk.jpg

imp95k.jpg

What I was able to do with a 5 shot group, called the flyer too. Needless yo say I was very, very happy to stumble across this rifle, it's a gem.

Re: I bit the bullet and here's what came home :)

That is what I would call "meant to be" How many used left handed rifles do you see when shopping? How many percision built ones? Good timing, and a great find.

Beautiful rifle

It's not used, it's brand new. I was the first and only person to shoot it. I'm also right handed but the way the stock and and action go together I can shoot faster and more accurately than with my RH Remingotn 700 LTR.

very nice rifle, but it looks like you actually have two "fliers". put a few more through it and ill bet it settles in nicely. with your list of components, it should be able to stack em'.

chuck

Very nice stick.....good grab. Never tried the LH bolt / RH shooter thing but if it works...go with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that your dorm room? </div></div>

Must be different in Alaska. Don't know of any dorms in the lower 48 that would allow a stocked gunsafe.

beautiful rifle and an excellent find... why is the bipod backwards?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You just tore the hearts out of 4,000 left handed shooters. </div></div>
grin.gif

Very nice find, ArcticFun.

I have no idea why the bipod is backwards, if I ever want to hunt with it I'll most likely just turn it around. And no that's not my dorm, that's my bedroom. Alaska may be very lenient on guns (I was caught with 8 plus ammunition my senior year and the only thing the officer asked was why couldn't I be a normal teenager and bring 1-2 guns and some weed to school instead... I was even able to keep my rifles in the gun rack of my truck during hunting season with no harassment too) but after the whole Virginia Tech incident I don't think UAA would like me having evil black guns, "sniper" rifles and handguns on the school grounds.

Man I bet you were pissed off when you figured out he installed the bolt on the wrong side...
wink.gif

Very nice looking and shooting rifle, sounds like you got pretty lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

I was able to pick it up for 2700, I prolly could have gotten it for less but unforetuneately I said 2700 first. Ah well, I feel it's worth than I paid for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beautiful rifle and an excellent find... why is the bipod backwards? </div></div>

Its not - it just looks that way because it's a left handed rifle.

Thats a sweetheart....when I first looked at the pic I thought, he took a pic of it in the mirror...nice stick...not too many of those floating around.

Good score for a good dude. That's pretty nice man.

That's some good luck you had! Beautiful gun and a good price.

BTW, that Silberberg Chemistry book you have in the background is the worst Chemistry book written. It would make an awesome target, though.

That would be one rather exspensive target there.... Maybe the Schaum's handbooks that my ex forgot at my place would serve better
smile.gif