• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I built a better mouse trap! (graphic pics)

MBass300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Prospect,Ct
A buddy of mine had a mouse problem in his house and bought some of those plastic "easy set" mousetraps. While they are much easier to set than the Victor traps I've always used to, and the risk of snapping your fingers is much less, the downside is that: a) they are more expensive, and b) they don't actually kill the mice! He caught 3 mice with them, all of which continued to wriggle around in the trap until he found them the next day and had to dispatch them himself. Not very effective, or humane. Since he had already bought half a dozen of the traps and still had plenty of mice to catch, I decided to "modify" them to make them more effective! a few razor blades and a little Loctite gel adhesive, and we have a winner!

The "better mouse trap":

2uo1fmr.jpg

And the results:

2z8t7xw.jpg

I'm pretty sure that mouse didn't feel a thing. I will say that after the first 2 or 3 mice, the blade became too dull to cut all the way through, but still did the job.

Re: I built a better mouse trap! (graphic pics)

Not sure. My buddy took the second picture and sent it to me. I have a feeling he probably moved the trap and mouse from where he originally had it set to where he could get a better picture.

Strap and ESEE blade on that thing and it will never go dull. haha

Thats one trap that you really don't want to get your hand caught in while putting the peanut butter on it.

Thats awesome. We had to modify ours growing up in Dutch Harbor. I don't think we ever used razors though, looks effective to say the least, we usually used nails of some kind then anchored them down so they didn't get packed off when they caught the rat.

Lol, I'm not wasting my Gillette Mach 3 blades on no mouse! Especially not at $9 for a 4 pack!

10 dollars says you don't have the sack to snap one on your nipple.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10 dollars says you don't have the sack to snap one on your nipple.</div></div>

hell yeah....just get one of them janet jackson nipple shields ....

Tis but a scratch!
(Nice!)

I welded some nails on a trap we had at work and it never missed a customer with the nails attached. I like the blade better.

Just don't accidently step on it on your way to the fridge.

that is pretty epic, very nice