• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I can't post anything on the Buy/Sell/Trade Post Exchange as of yesterday?

338LM_Sniper

Supporter
Minuteman
  • I have been a Full Member on here for almost 4 years now and as of yesterday I can not post anything in the For Sale section? It does not give me that option as there use to be a Post button in that section but it is no longer there? I think this is a result after the upgrade? This is all in the Post Exchange area with the Buy/Sell/Trade

At the very bottom of the Buy/Sell/Trade post exchange I see this message.... YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE.

I also see when I navigate that my Profile is incomplete and at 75% but I don't see or can get to what needs to be completed?

Please help me fix this issue as I would like to Post again. But whats strange is that I have a couple of items that were listed a few days ago and I can still bump those ads or threads with no problem.

Any help here would be appreciated.

@lowlight posted that there was a bug in the new system.

Iirc the suggestion was cancel and reapply through Paypal but contact him first to get your refund for prior payments

Contact @lowlight

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver
    Believe the PX has gone to Supporting/Commercial members only. This has been being talked about (although not the most clearly) for awhile. The attempt to grandfather long-term members was met with whiners reporting listings and the hassles that go with that.

Too many tried exploiting the system

They took my kindness as weakness and now the PX will only be open for new posts to Supporting members.

We gave every people opportunity, then the reports started as well, we went from 5 a day to 25 overnight with tons of people complaining about each other.

Not to mention so many using it as a side business during Covid they were playing games with the place

Full Membership benefits are no longer, time on the site means nothing, this is a business as such, it will be treated 100% as one and not a sitiuation where we offered numerous exceptions over the years

For the $19.95 a month membership does that give access to post for sale
    Items in the PX? Wanting to make sure I go the right route.

Thanks
    All the answers are here. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/account/upgrades/

Access the Online Training Lessons from Sniper's Hide and a variety of other features.

Limited Ads

Signature

Postbit Swag and Highlighted Threads and Posts

Private Supporter Forum

Supporter Achievement

Profile Covers

Ability to Post as an Individual in Post Exchange

Access to Online Training videos

10% of Proceeds go to the Scout Sniper Association

Just discovered the new change this morning. I was a "grandfathered" member due to being on here since 2009.

Why do people have such a hard time being honest and respectful?
    It sucks that people just ruin stuff with their selfish agenda and bitching and moaning.

I would have made the same change to avoid the headaches.

Thank you to @lowlight for this site, and all the years of free classifieds. When I want to sell some items in the future I'll just pony up the $20.

Reactions: kimbergoldmatch
    Too many tried exploiting the system

They took my kindness as weakness and now the PX will only be open for new posts to Supporting members.

We gave every people opportunity, then the reports started as well, we went from 5 a day to 25 overnight with tons of people complaining about each other.

Not to mention so many using it as a side business during Covid they were playing games with the place

Full Membership benefits are no longer, time on the site means nothing, this is a business as such, it will be treated 100% as one and not a sitiuation where we offered numerous exceptions over the years

Not to mention that doing this drastically cuts down on members being scammed. I own https://pistol-forum.com and when I made the Buy/Sell/Trade forums for paying members only, the scams ceased overnight.

"10% of Proceeds go to the Scout Sniper Association"

Does this mean 10% of the item's sale price?

this is a business as such, it will be treated 100% as one and not a sitiuation where we offered numerous exceptions over the years
    Is the customer service dept for paying members any better than the old man who yells at me when I leave Walmart without buying anything?

your rants have increased over the years….

Is the customer service dept for paying members any better than the old man who yells at me when I leave Walmart without buying anything?

your rants have increased over the years….

As a long-time member, I can attest that the number of idiots and assholes has increased over the years as well (NOT saying you’re one of them, merely observing cause and effect here, LOL). I’d say in many ways, Frank’s frustrations are warranted as the aforementioned village idiots have exploited things more as time has passed. Sad but true. If I, as a forum/business owner, dealt with as many members of the general public as Frank does, I’d be grouchy, too! I’ve worked retail and customer service more than my fair share, I know some of what he deals with. Don’t piss up his rope, and he won’t shit on your parade, seems pretty common sense to me! 🤣

As a long-time member, I can attest that the number of idiots and assholes has increased over the years as well (NOT saying you’re one of them, merely observing cause and effect here, LOL). I’d say in many ways, Frank’s frustrations are warranted as the aforementioned village idiots have exploited things more as time has passed. Sad but true. If I, as a forum/business owner, dealt with as many members of the general public as Frank does, I’d be grouchy, too! I’ve worked retail and customer service more than my fair share, I know some of what he deals with. Don’t piss up his rope, and he won’t shit on your parade, seems pretty common sense to me! 🤣
    Oh I’m sure it’s not fun getting the site attacked daily. Prob less fun dealing w people who buy deals “too good to be real”

All things considered. I enjoyed the site much more before the whole scout thing.

piss up a rope 😂🤣😂🤣😂 gotta rember that one.

out of curiosity…..are you on AZS?

I've been a member of the hide since 2012 if I remember correctly. I've very rarely ever sold anything on here.

I bet I haven't sold $1000 worth on here since I became a member. Just got on here today to find out I can't post anything for sale. Not worth a $20 a month cost for me.

Always loved this site and have learned a lot over the years from you guys. Just disappointed that after almost 10 years, over night my membership is restricted.

I've been a member of the hide since 2012 if I remember correctly. I've very rarely ever sold anything on here.

I bet I haven't sold $1000 worth on here since I became a member. Just got on here today to find out I can't post anything for sale. Not worth a $20 a month cost for me.

Always loved this site and have learned a lot over the years from you guys. Just disappointed that after almost 10 years, over night my membership is restricted.

So you very rarely sold anything here in almost 10 years but now are complaining because the rules changed for sales and now you can continue to do everything you have been doing since 2012 except sell? Really?

Again, nothing changes for any member unless they want to sell. You can post, buy etc but just not sell. And if in those very rare occasions you want to sell you can join for that month and sell and then cancel after one month. You are not stuck forever. So just takes a little planning to sell anything you wanted to in a month.

Reactions: 143lrsd
    I no longer use paypal and i was wondering if other forms of payment are accepted.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    So you very rarely sold anything here in almost 10 years but now are complaining because the rules changed for sales and now you can continue to do everything you have been doing since 2012 except sell? Really?

Again, nothing changes for any member unless they want to sell. You can post, buy etc but just not sell. And if in those very rare occasions you want to sell you can join for that month and sell and then cancel after one month. You are not stuck forever. So just takes a little planning to sell anything you wanted to in a month.
    Just curious,
    If my stuff doesn't sell in a month, will the post be taken down if I cancel after one month?

I no longer use paypal and i was wondering if other forms of payment are accepted.
    PayPal, Zelle and Venmo all prohibit the use of their services to purchase anything firearms related. So money orders, and checks are fine. Not sure what else can be used....

PayPal, Zelle and Venmo all prohibit the use of their services to purchase anything firearms related. So money orders, and checks are fine. Not sure what else can be used....
    I was asking about paying for a upgrade so i can sell stuff it looks like the only way to upgrade is paypal.

Sorry, thought you were asking about payment for selling products.

I was planning to upgrade after I get all my stuff together to sell.
    If paypal is the only way to pay for the upgrade then I won't be able to do it. Paypal closed my account and seized every penny in my paypal account because of selling gun related stuff. I talked to them for a while and I can confidently say that paypal must not know what these fees are supporting or they would sure enough do the same here.

I wonder if that is why my PayPal account won't let me transfer my money. Sold a couple things on here months ago and my wife hasn't been able to get the money out.

I caught whiff of a service called Gun Tab? Anyone care to enlighten..never used it or heard of it till recently?

I caught whiff of a service called Gun Tab? Anyone care to enlighten..never used it or heard of it till recently?
    I used it once on for a scope that I sold. Not many people use it and I'm not sure why. It worked great for me. I guess most people still want to use paypal cause u can use a credit card to buy stuff.

Reactions: Shifty6BR
    Edit my last...I see now u can use a credit card thru guntab. No clue why people don't support this 2A friendly service as opposed to the anti 2A paypal services

29ow5c.gif

For those that can't read please have someone read this for you. There is no 100 post rule anymore. You have to be a supporter to post an item for sale so stop posting one line BS in posts.

Reactions: Milf Dots